• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

The Russo Brothers Explain Why AVENGERS 4 Is No Longer INFINITY WAR - PART 2

Asked why they changed the title to INFINITY WAR 2, Joe and Anthony Russo responded, "Because we can. So there!"

:jokealert:

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 is currently untitled, while "Part 1" is now simply Avengers: Infinity War. Does that mean we won't see Thanos in the franchise's fourth instalment?

"We wanted the movie to be very different and distinctive, you know," Joe explained. "There’s certainly cross-pollination between characters and some story-arcs, but you know, the first movie is very clearly Avengers: Infinity War and, in time, we will reveal what the second film is." As for when exactly we're going to learn the title of Avengers 4, Antony added: "You’ll learn that, but not for quite some time."

The Russo Brothers Explain Why AVENGERS 4 Is No Longer INFINITY WAR - PART 2

Asked why they changed the title to INFINITY WAR 2, Joe and Anthony Russo responded, "Because we can. So there!"

:jokealert:

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 is currently untitled, while "Part 1" is now simply Avengers: Infinity War. Does that mean we won't see Thanos in the franchise's fourth instalment?

"We wanted the movie to be very different and distinctive, you know," Joe explained. "There’s certainly cross-pollination between characters and some story-arcs, but you know, the first movie is very clearly Avengers: Infinity War and, in time, we will reveal what the second film is." As for when exactly we're going to learn the title of Avengers 4, Antony added: "You’ll learn that, but not for quite some time."

Avengers 3: Infinity War (War to gather the stones?)

Avengers 4: Infinity Gauntlet ?

It will be interesting to see how a RDJ-less MCU would work. From a financial perspective, it makes sense due to the % he receives from every film. However, would losing him mean a big drop in the box office take for each Iron Man involved film?

Avengers: Infinity War Set Image Shows Josh Brolin Rehearsing As Thanos

FAiar3N.png

While it doesn't seem to be an action sequence, a new photo shared on The Russo Brother's Facebook account shows Anthony, Joe, and Josh Brolin on the set. It's an enclosed location, and Brolin can be seen wearing full motion capture gear, with the simple caption "Rehearsal". You can view the photo in the gallery.

Brolin has impressed throughout his numerous cameo appearances in films like Guardian's of the Galaxy and Avengers, but in Infinity War the actor will presumably be able to finally cut loose, making the New York invasion seem amateur in comparison.

“Brolin’s intensity in roles is often unmatched. To see him finally step into the role of one of the biggest threats to the Marvel Universe is one we’ve all been waiting for,” said Jim Viscardi, Executive Editor of ComicBook.com. “If there is one team that’s going to get the best performance out of Brolin for this, it’s absolutely the Russo brothers."

Russo Brothers Considering THE DEFENDERS For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

defenders-infinity-war-696x398.jpg

Avengers: Infinity War is likely going to be the first movie to acknowledge the Netflix superhero world exists even though the latter has been referencing the movies since Daredevil Season 1

The Russo brothers were interviewed by the Toronto Sun where they were asked about the chances of the Netflix superheroes making an appearance in Avengers: Infinity War.

According to Anthony, “We do consider everyone. We don’t want to get too specific about what’s going to happen with these movies. We want these movies to be a surprise for audiences.”

It’s the first acknowledgment of any kind from Marvel that it is possible to see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and Elektra join forces with the Avengers on the big screen. However, don’t expect to see them play any major roles in the film.

RUMOR: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Plot Details Surface

According to rumor by LRM for Avengers: Infinity War, the film will see The Mad Titan, Thanos trying to impress the personaification of Death by collecting all the Infinity Stones and wiping out half of the universe in order to give her enough "souls" to gain her affection. The task of collecting the Infinity Stones is said to be harder on Thanos than previously thought. The site also adds that the film will be loosely based off of the Jim Starlin comic The Infinity Gauntlet and that Death herself will be introduced in the film. The site goes on to say that they can neither confirmed or denyed that Cate Blancett's Hela will portray Death in the film, as to not confuse the general audience. It's been teased that Death will first be introduced in Doctor Strange by director Scott Derrickson with a cryptic tweet.

Thanos-in-The-Avengers-.jpg

More From Joe And Anthony Russo On CIVIL WAR's Fallout Heading Into INFINITY WAR

Thanos' attack on the planet will come at a time when Earth's Mightiest Heroes are at their weakest. In terms of picking a winner and loser in the battle between Team Iron Man and Team Cap, the Russo's answer (via Quora) implies that there is still more warfare to come. "We always thought of this movie as the start of the war. It's not over yet!"

As far as the Russo's favored Avenger is concerned, it seems he has a difficult road ahead. "At the end of Civil War Cap drops his shield because Tony tells him he doesn’t deserve it any longer, and perhaps he doesn’t. His responsibility to himself is now in conflict with his responsibility to others, and he will struggle to resolve that. His road forward involves figuring out who Steve Rogers is without the shield."

So then Thanos takes advantage of the situation while the heroes are still slightly divided.

:ohnoez:

A potential appearance since so many others are showing up?

Hugo Weaving Reflects On Playing The Red Skull In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

Henry_Damon_2.jpg

In a recent interview with Yahoo, Weaving reflected a little more positively on his time as Captain America's arch-nemesis, having enjoyed the experience and work behind a mask. "It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull."

As for making a return to the role, Weaving seems to have softened his stance a little bit, though he still seems slightly hesitant. "With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."

Samuel L. Jackson says Nick Fury will be back for the next ‘Avengers’ movies

While doing press for Miss Peregrine, Steve Weintraub asked Jackson if Nick Fury would have a big part or a small part in the Avengers movies. Jackson replied, “I hear I’m around in 3 and 4. I hear I’m back.” However, when pressed about when he would be going to Atlanta to start shooting his part, Jackson said he didn’t know when he would be filming.

since S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded, it seems like Marvel isn’t really sure what to do with the character. The TV series has painted them into a bit of a corner because he can’t be the director again and the world thinks he’s dead. Also, his role is a little redundant: he’s a super-spy, but the team already has Black Widow. I’m very curious to see what the Russos have in store for Fury in Avengers: Infinity War and its untitled sequel.

A potential appearance since so many others are showing up?

Hugo Weaving Reflects On Playing The Red Skull In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

Henry_Damon_2.jpg

In a recent interview with Yahoo, Weaving reflected a little more positively on his time as Captain America's arch-nemesis, having enjoyed the experience and work behind a mask. "It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull."

As for making a return to the role, Weaving seems to have softened his stance a little bit, though he still seems slightly hesitant. "With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."

The Red Skull look was absolutely perfect.

Avengers: Infinity War Working Title Revealed

The working title for the next Marvel Avengers movie, Avengers: Infinity War, has been revealed by Production Weekly.

Avengers: infinity War is operasting under the working title “Mary Lou” during production. This follows Marvel’s The Avengers, which operated under the working title “Group Hug,” and Avengers: Age of Ultron, which operated under the working title “After Party.”

Avengers: Infinity War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Not 'The Whole Shebang'?

(:

Kevin Feige Reveals How Avengers: Infinity War Will Balance Its Massive Cast

avengers-infinitywar-193029.jpg

The highly anticipated film will team up the Avengers with the Guardians of the Galaxy - and that’s only the start. With so many characters slated to star in the movie, fans are wondering how Marvel Studios is handling the massive cast. And, earlier today, Kevin Feige commented on how they are juggling so many characters.

“Well it’s about the screenplay and Chris Markus and Steve McFeely — out of everyone we’ve worked with — have a very deft hand with balance,” he said. There are a lot of characters in [the first] Captain America; there are a lot of characters in The Winter Soldier, and of course Civil War has as many as we’ve ever had, so it’s in very capable hands [when] it comes to divvying up the storylines in a way that services a primary narrative but [also] showcases many characters.”

“How many times will all 30, 50, 60 whatever it is be in the frame at the same time? That is the hard part,” Feige explained before adding there won’t be “much” of those moments.

Feige was also asked whether Spider-Man would appear in Infinity War. After all, Tom Holland did just wrap his work as Peter Parker on Spider-Man: Homecoming, leaving the actor wide open to film a few scenes for the upcoming blockbuster. However, Feige remained tight-lipped about the hero’s appearance.

“It is I would say that is part of the surprise. I don’t want to spoil anything one way or another,” he hedged.