• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

Remember the love triangle between Vision/Wanda/Power Man? Remember the epic slugfests between Vision and Wonder Man? Remember Wonder Man's nutjob brother and Vision? Remember how Ultron was involved? Wouldn't it be great if an Avengers movie had Power Man in it? :cloud9:

Simon Williams is apparently in GOTG 2.

Underwhelming Really? That's the first time I have heard that about TQ. I loved it from start to finish. And to top it off it was one of the last interior hand painted books which made the art pop more then your normal book.

+1 (thumbs u

Remember the love triangle between Vision/Wanda/Power Man? Remember the epic slugfests between Vision and Wonder Man? Remember Wonder Man's nutjob brother and Vision? Remember how Ultron was involved? Wouldn't it be great if an Avengers movie had Power Man in it? :cloud9:

Simon Williams is apparently in GOTG 2.

Yes, I know. I was poking fun at it. Much like when two of Spider-Man's adversaries appear in Daredevil, or Hugh Jackman(6' plus) plays Wolverine. (:

IMHO, Thanos Quest was a pretty underwhelming book and to make it into a movie would make the pacing even choppier than the book.

Yeah, you need to immediately delete your account based on that garbage comment.

Get out.

IMHO, Thanos Quest was a pretty underwhelming book and to make it into a movie would make the pacing even choppier than the book.

Yeah, you need to immediately delete your account based on that garbage comment.

Get out.

I actually just re-read Thanos Quest tonight and it was better than I remember. Much, much shorter than I would like but not a bad read. Infinity War, on the other hand, was absolute rubbish.

I actually just re-read Thanos Quest tonight and it was better than I remember. Much, much shorter than I would like but not a bad read. Infinity War, on the other hand, was absolute rubbish.

Pretty pictures though :grin:

'Captain Marvel' Confirmed To Appear In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

While speaking about their upcoming two-part film Avengers: Infinity War at the Smithsonian Institute, the Russo brothers let it slip that Captain Marvel will be joining the Earth's Mightiest Heroes in the fight against the Mad Titan.

Just as the Russo brothers accidentally name-dropped Captain Marvel, a fan quickly took the opportunity to ask the directors, "Did you just confirm Captain Marvel?" The directors then replied the best way they could. "Um....Captain Barvel. Totally different character." Who is this Captain Barvel, and why are they joining they joining Avengers: Infinity War? Either way, we'll be seeing Captain Marvel (or Barvel) as she makes her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in 2019.

cmuNXiX.png

:wishluck:

Yeah some characters are gonna bite the dust :eek:

"The people in the background in one might come to the foreground in the second one," Markus added. "There will be moments where every last damn person who's still alive will be in the same room, and they're just a nightmare to write because Marvel is very good about hiring good actors."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/markus-mcfeel-discuss-captain-america-civil-wars-implications-for-avengers-infinity-war

During a live interview with Nerdist, writers Markus and McFeely were asked whether we would see a Guardians-Avengers crossover, and if they were interested in having such a crossover happen. "Certainly interested in it," replied Markus. "Let me put it this way. You know who owns that gauntlet, right? And you know who's in another movie? His kids are in that movie." Stephen McFeely then went on to say that "It's a big universe.” to which Markus subtly added, "You do the math!"

During a live interview with Nerdist, writers Markus and McFeely were asked whether we would see a Guardians-Avengers crossover, and if they were interested in having such a crossover happen. "Certainly interested in it," replied Markus. "Let me put it this way. You know who owns that gauntlet, right? And you know who's in another movie? His kids are in that movie." Stephen McFeely then went on to say that "It's a big universe.” to which Markus subtly added, "You do the math!"

At this point, this shouldn't even be a question. With 60-something characters in it, the GotG have to be in it.

At this point, this shouldn't even be a question. With 60-something characters in it, the GotG have to be in it.

But what about the rest of the Flora colossus universe? I need my fan desires met!

:ohnoez:

I just want there to be ramifications...heroes need to die, and Thanos needs to kill them without remorse.

As sad as it will be to see this happen, the statement does ring true. If a powerhouse villain like Thanos comes on the scene and all we get is Ant-Man with a bandaid on his forehead and Hawkeye in a arm sling, then we have entered in too safe a zone. But I have a feeling the Russo Brothers will make this more impactful than maybe even fans are ready for.

Start stocking up on tissues and beer. I think we will all need it.

:ohnoez:

I went back and re-read some of the Thanos saga, and in the original storylyine, Drax was pretty powerful. He could almost hang with Thanos. Howiever, in the movies, his powers were far more subdued. Ronan, who was like a lackey to Thanos, tossed around Drax like he was a pantywaist.

It seems the only one who could really hold a candle to Thanos in physical power, was the Magus, and maybe Warlock. Really hope we'll see Warlock/Magus in the movies, as they were instrumental in the Thanos Infinity Gems storyline.

Edited by bronze_rules

The Magus and Warlock would be very cool. I'm hoping too for a Hulk-Thanos showdown. At some point in the MCU we need to hear these words: "The Hulk is the strongest one there is!" POW.

Dan