• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

The Magus and Warlock would be very cool. I'm hoping too for a Hulk-Thanos showdown. At some point in the MCU we need to hear these words: "The Hulk is the strongest one there is!" POW.

Dan

Definitely.

Speaking of which...

Josh Brolin Was ‘Amazed’ By Avengers: Infinity War Story

Even with Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and every other film on the studio’s crowded schedule, the anticipation for the two-part Avengers: Infinity War likely towers above them all. Part 1 of Anthony and Joe Russo’s epic is still two years away, but Josh Brolin, the man charged with bringing to life the Avatar of Death himself, Thanos, has offered a few comments that should help to raise fans’ already high expectations.

With Brolin’s latest film, the Coen Brothers’ oddball tribute to the studio-system era of Hollywood, Hail, Ceasar!, hitting Blu-Ray and DVD this week, the veteran actor spoke with Moviefone about his upcoming role in The Avengers:

“I sat at a table and I listened to the story from beginning to end. … Sometimes you go around and you go, ‘Oh, it’s a great movie. Or this is a great experience,’ and you kind of know that it’s not. This is the opposite. … These Avengers stories all come down to this conclusion, and that’s our involvement. Basically, my character against everybody. And it’s really fun what they’ve chosen to do with the story. I think it’s brilliant, personally. I was blown away, and had goose pimples pretty much 50 percent of the time that I was listening to what was going on, and pretty amazed that I’m going to be involved in it. So it’s a big thing that’s coming up.”

:whee:

This New Look At Thanos From THE AVENGERS Will Make You Hope INFINITY WAR Uses More Practical FX

Considering Thanos will be towering over the majority of Earth’s mightiest heroes when he makes a full-fledged return in the two-part (tentatively titled) Avengers: Infinity War films, no one’s saying Marvel and the Russos should ditch CGI for him altogether; that’d be crazy! However, the folks at Ironhead Studios, who created his gold/purple armor among other things in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, have reminded us how great the supervillain would look with mostly practical effects and much less VFX.

njtM1np.png

:whee::ohnoez::whee::ohnoez:

This New Look At Thanos From THE AVENGERS Will Make You Hope INFINITY WAR Uses More Practical FX

Considering Thanos will be towering over the majority of Earth’s mightiest heroes when he makes a full-fledged return in the two-part (tentatively titled) Avengers: Infinity War films, no one’s saying Marvel and the Russos should ditch CGI for him altogether; that’d be crazy! However, the folks at Ironhead Studios, who created his gold/purple armor among other things in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, have reminded us how great the supervillain would look with mostly practical effects and much less VFX.

njtM1np.png

:whee::ohnoez::whee::ohnoez:

This isn't really a practical effect versus CGI effect problem. There is no reason they couldn't make Thanos look right using CGI effects. Just the model they chose to use was ... off.

I remember seeing Marvel's The Avengers while on a business trip. When that Thanos scene came up, I was blown away.

I like where they are taking him.

When viewed this way, Thanos does look pudgy in the face compared to the chiseled face he has in the comics. But, that was a design decision.

I don't think the poster would be like that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were all in the movie. Perhaps as cameos for when Thanos gets the Guantlet and wipes everyone from existence, and then at the end when everyone is brought back into existence.

Appears to have fooled even news outlets.

But the more exciting news for The Avengers: Infinity War came from Ironman actor himself Robert Downey Jr. Just a few hours ago, the actor posted the list of actors “enlisted” for the third chapter through his official Facebook page.

http://www.movienewsguide.com/the-avengers-actor-robert-downey-jr-released-infinity-war-cast-premiere-date/260445

This is just going to be one movie now, correct? I thought I heard it went from a 2 parter to a single movie.

I could be wrong, but I think its still a 2-part movie, just will change the title for the 2nd movie.

The way I understand it is that it's essentially 2 single movies with some similar plot that carries between them but can still be viewed as either individual stories or a grand epic. Basically, it'll probably be Marvel's version of Empire & Jedi but they wanted to get away from the Part 1 & 2 thing because apparently viewers don't like it & the 2nd part of 2-part movies always does worse at the box office in recent years

Sebastian Stan Will Return For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier will next appear in Avengers: Infinity War, which hits theaters on May 3, 2019. With Bucky volunteering to go into cryostasis at the end of Civil War, many fans thought Bucky wouldn't exit his cold-sleep until Black Panther's solo feature, which is currently slated to arrive in cinemas on February 16, 2018.

THR's report on Sebastian Stan's new project, We Have Always Lived in the Castle, mentioned that filming begins this month in Dublin, meaning that he should wrap that movie in time to begin shooting Infinity War in early-2017.

Sebastian Stan Will Return For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier will next appear in Avengers: Infinity War, which hits theaters on May 3, 2019. With Bucky volunteering to go into cryostasis at the end of Civil War, many fans thought Bucky wouldn't exit his cold-sleep until Black Panther's solo feature, which is currently slated to arrive in cinemas on February 16, 2018.

THR's report on Sebastian Stan's new project, We Have Always Lived in the Castle, mentioned that filming begins this month in Dublin, meaning that he should wrap that movie in time to begin shooting Infinity War in early-2017.

Huh? Who thought he wouldn't return. He signed a nine movie contract.