• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE FEB 2015 - Spam Free Edition

183 posts in this topic

The interminable wait is nearly over...just two days until the Heritage auction! :ohnoez:

I'm freaking out :ohnoez:

going for three pieces but of course the one I really want is the last of the three...this will temper bidding on the first two...could end up with a goose egg

here is to hoping for internet outage across 4/5 of America like that time before...go North Korea...do your thing.....

Bidding seems slow. Fireworks tomorrow, I guess?

Depends on the piece....some stuff is well past expectations.

Bidding seems slow.

It's the slowest I've ever seen it.

Probably just the stuff that I like that spiked then. lol

Slow?

Families away during winter recess?

Preparing for the Chinese Lunar New Year (Thursday Feb 19 - Happy 4713 for all those that celebrate)?

Everyone mistakenly thinking the auction closes on Friday?

All of the above? (shrug)

Cheers!

N.

Prices don't seem that far off. I think there's just not a lot of material in this one that the "Big Dogs" are interested in.

X-Men 162 cover is nice, but if that is your catalog's cover image, it's not your strongest offering of auction items.

Prices don't seem that far off. I think there's just not a lot of material in this one that the "Big Dogs" are interested in.

X-Men 162 cover is nice, but if that is your catalog's cover image

yes! very true. Its nice enough, but the cover?

You guys worry too much. Even if the bottom was falling out, the dealers would put the bids in needed to make it all look right. For at least one or two sales. They're usually the last to realize the jig is up. This one may (or may not) go weak, but it won't belly-up. And there's nothing wrong with that Cockrum on the cover either :)

I threw a few bids up and am the man on one or two but I do not expect that to last. I had to take off unexpectedly this week so wil be working tomorrow instead of attending the live auction. So my best bids are in on tomorrow'stuff that interests me, let's see where I land. I have my eye on a few Saturday items as well.

A peanuts sunday at $7K? No we aren't done yet by a long shot.

Generally speaking, individuals on a fixed total budget for the auction like to bid early. If they get outbid on their maximum bid for an item early in the process, they can re-deploy the funds to a different item and go all out on the last day.

Cheers!

N.