• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will history repeat itself. Hm

163 posts in this topic

@ G.A.tor

Either way you'll make a decision that suits your best interests. I know for me that when I do things to make my wife happy it always works out for me. I follow the 100% rule with her - I do everything I possibly can to make her happy. After all, when I was sick with Cancer, she was the one who took care of me every day - there were weeks I couldn't get out of bed and she didn't bat an eye. When my business partner died after a hellacious spending spree that occurred over half a year, she was right at my side smiling saying "do n't worry, you'll make it back". I can go on and on and on. My experience is that for most of my life I've known the cost of too many things and the value of too few. Then again, I do know that I love my wife more than anything in the world. My experience is that I always have to simply look at what the opportunity is on a bigger scale. My experience is that either way, life is all 7th grade, second period. Whatever your choice may be, I look forward to hearing more. You are one of the smartest people I've ever met - you'll figure out what to do.

..... there's always the "hire a good realtor to screen applicants to rent it by the week when you aren't there" angle. Turn it into a profit center. At first you guys will probably want to spend massive time there, but after a couple of years you may tire of plucking sand burrs out of your feet and washing seagull poop out of your hair. For me, I see the Beach House as a better investment.... especially if Property is still undervalued in your area. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... you can line the walls of the billiard room with framed scans of the Centaurs (shrug)

... some I will likely never own again reasonably.

This phrase is far more dignified than the many other ways one could phrase this. (thumbs u

You site an opportunity.

Ignore this if it is too personal -- but are you exchanging your books for another physical object or a business investment opportunity?

One would seem to be a shift in the collecting game, the other -- a game changer.

my wife has always desired to live "on the beach"....I tried a few years ago to purchase her dream house, only to miss by a hair.... sometimes when you miss opportunity, you relegate yourself to never having a similar opp again....

keep in mind, I don't have a "job" or steady income, so even with hard assets (real estate), it is difficult to get a 7 figure loan to purchase a house....so I have to come in "cash" ready....

but timing is critical...so, we will see!

G.A.tor you need 7 figure. I live in CA and the price hear are way more than Florida. I have been in the same spot as you and it went wrong.

I sold my Action 2 my 7 and 10 20 and 23 Bat 1 two copys Tec 3 and 4 and 28 few others Tec 27 coverless nice unrestored Cap 1 and you get the point this was in 2008.

I have /Had a wife 23 years 5 kids they grew up. Wife went to school to be a nurse.

I bought our dream house and when she got a job it paid 125 hour .

3 mounth later i live in a modular home she has house and i cant get my books back unless i pay 75% more than i sold for.

I only used 50k for down payment so i got more left but i hate not haveing my books.

I want them back but i am 52 now could stroke out anytime.

Do i really want them back that bad :preach: Now that they are gone and money not there to get back i thought maybe i collect money.

I look at that all day long. :idea:

what is this rubbish?

I think it's a safe bet that woowoo doesn't make a living as a copy editor.

... some I will likely never own again reasonably.

This phrase is far more dignified than the many other ways one could phrase this. (thumbs u

You site an opportunity.

Ignore this if it is too personal -- but are you exchanging your books for another physical object or a business investment opportunity?

One would seem to be a shift in the collecting game, the other -- a game changer.

my wife has always desired to live "on the beach"....I tried a few years ago to purchase her dream house, only to miss by a hair.... sometimes when you miss opportunity, you relegate yourself to never having a similar opp again....

keep in mind, I don't have a "job" or steady income, so even with hard assets (real estate), it is difficult to get a 7 figure loan to purchase a house....so I have to come in "cash" ready....

but timing is critical...so, we will see!

G.A.tor you need 7 figure. I live in CA and the price hear are way more than Florida. I have been in the same spot as you and it went wrong.

I sold my Action 2 my 7 and 10 20 and 23 Bat 1 two copys Tec 3 and 4 and 28 few others Tec 27 coverless nice unrestored Cap 1 and you get the point this was in 2008.

I have /Had a wife 23 years 5 kids they grew up. Wife went to school to be a nurse.

I bought our dream house and when she got a job it paid 125 hour .

3 mounth later i live in a modular home she has house and i cant get my books back unless i pay 75% more than i sold for.

I only used 50k for down payment so i got more left but i hate not haveing my books.

I want them back but i am 52 now could stroke out anytime.

Do i really want them back that bad :preach: Now that they are gone and money not there to get back i thought maybe i collect money.

I look at that all day long. :idea:

what is this rubbish?

I think it's a safe bet that woowoo doesn't make a living as a copy editor.

His own kind of poetry.

@ G.A.tor

Either way you'll make a decision that suits your best interests. I know for me that when I do things to make my wife happy it always works out for me. I follow the 100% rule with her - I do everything I possibly can to make her happy. After all, when I was sick with Cancer, she was the one who took care of me every day - there were weeks I couldn't get out of bed and she didn't bat an eye. When my business partner died after a hellacious spending spree that occurred over half a year, she was right at my side smiling saying "do n't worry, you'll make it back". I can go on and on and on. My experience is that for most of my life I've known the cost of too many things and the value of too few. Then again, I do know that I love my wife more than anything in the world. My experience is that I always have to simply look at what the opportunity is on a bigger scale. My experience is that either way, life is all 7th grade, second period. Whatever your choice may be, I look forward to hearing more. You are one of the smartest people I've ever met - you'll figure out what to do.

That was moving.

Books are just books.

I've had to sell my whole collection twice in the last decade in times of financial hardship. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

While I'm not in your league, there were only a small handful of books (some Nedors) that I thought I'd never be able to acquire again.

Now, a year later, the hardest book among them (a decent slabbed Startling 10) is already available again in this month's Heritage auction.

The books will be there, eventually (even Amazing Man 26).

Gator , I do not think you give yourself enough credit..you can do both...sell the collection and move in beach house,THEN buy it back piece by piece. you have access to more material than the average collector...good luck buddy

@ G.A.tor

:foryou:

I sure you say it often, but I hope you print this out and give it to your wife

@ G.A.tor

Well, that's just typical! lol

And I agree with every word.

@ G.A.tor

:hi: She knows.

Gator, have you considered the possibility of hypothecating the comic collection? Just a thought to maybe have your cake and eat it too. If you indeed buy the real estate, you could then liquidate the books after the fact.