• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will history repeat itself. Hm

163 posts in this topic

Maybe you should offer the board members exclusive first crack at the collection and then consign the remainder to on e to the two big auction houses.

I notice also on the listing in Ha.com them sometimes say "from the collection of"..that might benefit you

Sold action 1 cgc 6.5 to try to buy my family a dream beach house and lost "sealed and best" bid by 4k

Man, I sure wish I lived in an area where I could buy a dream house for the price of an Action 1 cgc 6.5. :cry:

Seems like most of the time when I sell a big chunk or something really key out of my collection for something more important, it backfires.

Sometimes those backfires are the lucky breaks. From my seat in the bleachers it looks like you've been doing it pretty good, so maybe trust the process and steer into the curve slide...again

Here's trippy Spoon Boy laying it down for Neo on the nature of outcomes:

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Sold action 1 cgc 6.5 to try to buy my family a dream beach house and lost "sealed and best" bid by 4k

Man, I sure wish I lived in an area where I could buy a dream house for the price of an Action 1 cgc 6.5. :cry:

At the time I had the cash balance that I only had to raise 600k more.

1.5 mil is what our dream beachfront house would cost. Small in scale to some, huge to others

Maybe you should offer the board members exclusive first crack at the collection and then consign the remainder to on e to the two big auction houses.

I notice also on the listing in Ha.com them sometimes say "from the collection of"..that might benefit you

I honestly couldn't piece it out. More like an all in and shut my eyes till it's over.

Crazy selling your collection to appease your wife and kids. Kids will forget about you

when they move on and the wife is only going to get old.

I assume you forgot that Gator will live there, enjoy the place.. hear the ocean at night...we are all gonna get old...the real question is are we getting better...

Hey Rick just curious how "nervous" you would be to own beach front property. With some of the storms that have hit the US in the last 10 years you see so many cases of people not only losing their home to storm damage but the swells eat up precious real estate.

I have seen stunning vacation home's in the Caribbean with essentially no back yard and the pool within 10 feet of the beach [was previously 40 feet] because over time rough weather had completely swallowed up their property. Scary stuff.

Hey Rick just curious how "nervous" you would be to own beach front property. With some of the storms that have hit the US in the last 10 years you see so many cases of people not only losing their home to storm damage but the swells eat up precious real estate.

I have seen stunning vacation home's in the Caribbean with essentially no back yard and the pool within 10 feet of the beach [was previously 40 feet] because over time rough weather had completely swallowed up their property. Scary stuff.

Not nervous at all. I already own several rental beach houses and condos. No issues that insurance won't cover :wishluck:

Not nervous at all. I already own several rental beach houses and condos. No issues that insurance won't cover :wishluck:

sounds like this guy is a real joker.

sounds like this guy is a real joker.

Yeah, he is. Nobody trusts him. :eyeroll:

1.5 mil is what our dream beachfront house would cost. Small in scale to some, huge to others

One and a half mil might buy you a teardown property in Malibu on the sand, but that price speculation might be dated...Could be more now.

I could buy a dream broom closet for that amount here. :tonofbricks: