• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will history repeat itself. Hm

163 posts in this topic

I think gator has the right idea... If he pedigrees his entire collection and sells thru ha or cc it might actually increase his overall return. I disagree selling it piece by piece . The other way would be to bring the entire collection to San Diego comic con... Premier sell it at convention... Then consign what does not sell to ha or cc and hand it to them when convention ends. I assume we are talking about 250 books plus

Quite a few for sure. No pedigree as none are oo but might be the way to go.

Finally moving to the West Coast, huh? :)

Gator wants to become a beach comber. :headbang:

he doesn't even like the beach. i have to shame him every summer to get him out in the surf. not sure i could pull it off without the frisbee.

he doesn't even like the beach. i have to shame him every summer to get him out in the surf. not sure i could pull it off without the frisbee.

:acclaim:

I think gator has the right idea... If he pedigrees his entire collection and sells thru ha or cc it might actually increase his overall return. I disagree selling it piece by piece . The other way would be to bring the entire collection to San Diego comic con... Premier sell it at convention... Then consign what does not sell to ha or cc and hand it to them when convention ends. I assume we are talking about 250 books plus

Quite a few for sure. No pedigree as none are oo but might be the way to go.

"if he pedigrees his entire collection..."

nice reminder of why i have him on ignore.

I guess it depends on if this new opportunity would be guaranteed to you or if you have a better shot at it than your past opportunities. I'd hate to see you sell most of your collection and get nothing out of it like before. You want to get the best prices for your collection and not rush on it. I would think selling some privately to the right buyer and taking a chance at an auction house for the best quality books. Also, think about what would make you happier in the end for you and your family. Good luck and hope it all works out in the end (thumbs u

It will make my wife happier...probably kids too.

The question is what would make you happier, not that others don't figure into the calculation. hm

+1 on this.

Yes i am 100% in agreement that you have to think about what makes you happy but you should also consider thinking about your wife and kids (if any) if you are married.

The question is what would make you happier, not that others don't figure into the calculation. hm

+1 on this.

Yes i am 100% in agreement that you have to think about what makes you happy but you should also consider thinking about your wife and kids (if any) if you are married.

The happiest families are those that share and/or accommodate each other's interests. At least that's been my experience; OMMV.

+1 on this.

Happy wife makes for a happy life so the decision I suspect is already made, Rick is probably just agonizing over selling his books. :grin: When is the sale? :shy:

+1 on this.

Happy wife makes for a happy life so the decision I suspect is already made, Rick is probably just agonizing over selling his books. :grin: When is the sale? :shy:

Seem to recall getting that in a fortune cookie recently, ...along with lottery numbers and a bad case of indigestion. :P

Are you saying you have to give him a treat after he obeys you?

+1 on this.

The happiest families are those that share and/or accommodate each other's interests. At least that's been my experience; OMMV.

Agreed but I think Rick already has that balance.

Rick, the right answer is the one that makes you feel most peacful. :headbang:

Are you saying you have to give him a treat after he obeys you?

He only tried it once...

ultimate-frisbee-gatorfail.png