• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will history repeat itself. Hm

163 posts in this topic

Sold action 1 cgc 6.5 to try to buy my family a dream beach house and lost "sealed and best" bid by 4k

Man, I sure wish I lived in an area where I could buy a dream house for the price of an Action 1 cgc 6.5. :cry:

At the time I had the cash balance that I only had to raise 600k more.

1.5 mil is what our dream beachfront house would cost. Small in scale to some, huge to others

I could buy a dream broom closet for that amount here. :tonofbricks:

Then you all should move to Florida! There are 6-15mil beachfront houses avail but to extravagant for us simple folk!

California is a bit higher, I assume you are buying in fla..... oceanfront is oceanfront...west or east.... Best money can buy...
indeed. That said we almost bought a condo on Coronado a few years ago for under a mil. Big mistake passing that up doh!

Sold action 1 cgc 6.5 to try to buy my family a dream beach house and lost "sealed and best" bid by 4k

Man, I sure wish I lived in an area where I could buy a dream house for the price of an Action 1 cgc 6.5. :cry:

1.5 mil is what our dream beachfront house would cost. Small in scale to some, huge to others

Then you all should move to Florida! There are 6-15mil beachfront houses avail but to extravagant for us simple folk!

I`ll just come visit you instead! :idea:

A much cheaper alternative :headbang:

California is a bit higher, I assume you are buying in fla..... oceanfront is oceanfront...west or east.... Best money can buy...
indeed. That said we almost bought a condo on Coronado a few years ago for under a mil. Big mistake passing that up doh!

Looked at a 1700 sqft bungalow on Coronado for $450K 2 years ago.

A much cheaper alternative :headbang:

Catch 22 --- If you sell all your books you've de-incentivized Tim's reason for travel, ...unless his bucket list includes shooting a few hoops with the old man and hearing tall tales of misadventure told over a couple'a cold cans of Coke Zero!

I mean, like I'd do that, but I'm a glutton for punishment. :facepalm:

I like soap...
^^

More soap may be needed. We're still waiting for you to come clean. gw.gif

Suspicions...

... Our wily Gator may be testing the waters before a major GA deal he's lining up. hm

Looked at a 1700 sqft bungalow on Coronado for $450K 2 years ago.

2 years ago the market seemed to be at absolute lowest...water front condo, 750K....last year was upto 895...this year back over a mil doh!

Timing wise if you sell your collection in May during the avengers 2 month I don't think you can pick a better time...avengers 2 is gonna be the all time box office super hero movie champ.

what if he doesn't have any Avengers books (shrug)

This is what 1.5 mil. buys around my area (no joke).

20140519172416640964000000-o.jpg

This is what 1.5 mil. buys around my area (no joke).

20140519172416640964000000-o.jpg

hm

50M for a house is :screwy:

The founder of Lululemon built one for about $40M+ and its tax assessed value is $54M! He had the Red Hot Chilli Peppers play at his house for his birthday last year. :P

There is a street called Belmont where there are about 6-7 houses and the cheapest one is $24M.