• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Nabbed a Wolverine in great shape today... $6.99, but I had my pick of the litter. Looks cool!

Lots of these books looked messed up at the corners at my store. The size of the book may be part of the issue.

I got my 2 copies last week. Unfortunately one of the copies had a 1/2 inch tear on the back cover. :pullhair:

Still did well, though, assuming that was your copy on eBay.

Not mine. Although, I should be receiving a replacement copy by this Friday. :wishluck:

Ah, I thought it might have been this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-4-Boba-Fett-Action-Figure-Variant-Christopher-NOT-MINT-Please-Read-/151669736557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235038846d&nma=true&si=XsalhEQxaF7l%252FP%252FcRxYTbsRLKcg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is that what yours looked like?

I got my 2 copies last week. Unfortunately one of the copies had a 1/2 inch tear on the back cover. :pullhair:

Still did well, though, assuming that was your copy on eBay.

Not mine. Although, I should be receiving a replacement copy by this Friday. :wishluck:

Ah, I thought it might have been this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-4-Boba-Fett-Action-Figure-Variant-Christopher-NOT-MINT-Please-Read-/151669736557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235038846d&nma=true&si=XsalhEQxaF7l%252FP%252FcRxYTbsRLKcg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is that what yours looked like?

No, mine wasn't that bad.

Still managed to get $56 shipped though, not bad at all for a FN copy.

I'll never understand Ebayers - they could have gotten a NM for even lower than that! ???

Don't complain, it's the other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons selling the book for less that should be corrected. If a FN copy nets $51, wtf should a 9.4NM copy be selling for then?

Still managed to get $56 shipped though, not bad at all for a FN copy.

I'll never understand Ebayers - they could have gotten a NM for even lower than that! ???

Don't complain, it's the other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons selling the book for less that should be corrected. If a FN copy nets $51, wtf should a 9.4NM copy be selling for then?

A 9.4 should not sell at all. A month old modern should ONLY be acceptable in 9.8!

R2D2 is the variant for Star Wars 6

Looks nice! :headbang:

I just saw the R2-D2 action figure variant cover on the Previews website for upcoming variants. I actually think this is the best variant so far.

Hopefully the action figure variant for Star Wars #7 ends up being a Jawa. My fear of a Jawa variant - is that there would be two of them. A normal cloth cape Jawa and an ultra-exclusive Jawa variant cover with a vinyl cape though.

Of interest, following the Marvel Panel at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, I mentioned that it would be really cool to have action figure variants of the three new popular characters introduced in Darth Vader #3 (i.e. Dr. Aphra, Triple Zero, and BT-1). However, because these characters don't yet have action figures in the real world, this might be stretching it.

Edited by Kir Kanos

Does anyone have a list of the Secret Wars covers that will be available. I've seen 8. So far I think Spidey in black, Wolverine, and Deadpool are the must haves. Who else ?

I've seen a Black Panther and a Doc Ock one as well.

I'm hoping for a Hobgoblin.