• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

I got an email saying "John Christopher sent you a package" from stamps.com

Could this be my Fett cover? I paid with Paypal directly and did not set up an account on his page. Has anyone else seen this?

Also it says that it is being sent by Media Mail…I thought he was sending it Flat Rate.

Mine said Media Mail also, which means my post office will open it and inspect it and charge me more or send it back. I only ordered 2, so the $8.25 shipping cost would have covered Priority with no problem. I sent them a note, not sure if it will change anything though.

As I figured would happen, my post office opened and inspected the books and now they are charging me additional money for Priority because comics are not media mail. I emailed them 2 times but I don't expect to hear from them. I doubt I will be purchasing from them again.

Could this be my Fett cover? I paid with Paypal directly and did not set up an account on his page. Has anyone else seen this?

Also it says that it is being sent by Media Mail…I thought he was sending it Flat Rate.

Mine said Media Mail also, which means my post office will open it and inspect it and charge me more or send it back. I only ordered 2, so the $8.25 shipping cost would have covered Priority with no problem. I sent them a note, not sure if it will change anything though.

As I figured would happen, my post office opened and inspected the books and now they are charging me additional money for Priority because comics are not media mail. I emailed them 2 times but I don't expect to hear from them. I doubt I will be purchasing from them again.

Yep! That right there is a legitimate complaint and I don't blame you at all for being unhappy. Not a smart move on his part.

Mine showed up yesterday and later that night I became deathly sick. I'm going to blame jtc because it seems the only rational thing to do :gossip:

:applause:

this thread gets better every day....hope mine aren't torn open and hit with charges.,,,emailing JTC is a complete waste of time, he doesn't seem to be responding to his deluge of mail in his inbox.

No worries, I'm sure the USPS is gentle when ripping open packages for inspection.

Edited by krighton

I get comics in the mail constantly, most are sent media mail and I never had a problem with the PO opening them. However, my books are "out for delivery" and it just started pouring buckets

[ As I figured would happen, my post office opened and inspected the books and now they are charging me additional money for Priority because comics are not media mail. I emailed them 2 times but I don't expect to hear from them. I doubt I will be purchasing from them again.

This doesn't surprise me that this happened. Media Mail can be opened for inspection, First Class Mail can't. Yes, comic books are not allowed to be shipped via Media Mail, and the artist is taking a big chance in doing so. I would say though that because this is his first venture into shipping comics like this, that he has no idea comics are not allowed to be shipped that method. Besides in many cases, shipping a single comic book is actually cheaper to ship First Class than Media Mail or at the very most, only a few cents more. There is a lot to learn when shipping properly both domestically and internationally, some don't bother to do their research ahead of time, while others do. I am glad I was able to order copies while they were available, I would not say I was a huge fan of the packaging but all arrived fairly quickly in great condition in a medium flat rate box.

Got my four copies in hand today. Through the bags they all look 9.6/9.8, so unless there is something on that back (which I'll check later) I'm pleased.

Through the bag, they all look nice.

Out of my 55 copies, I chose 5 for grading. 5 books I held back as I didn't feel a customer would be happy with them after being promised a 9.4 or better.

The others fall in the 9.4/9.6/9.8 range.

So, not too bad. (thumbs u

Got my 2 copies and both look 9.8 flawless, packed well with thick cardboard on both sides. Only 2 days til Wizardworld, I can stop sweating about these books

Did you pay with Paypal? If so, does your receipt say flat rate shipping? Maybe you can resolve the extra charges through them.

:eek:

-slym

got mine in today a day early...all 3 nm+ or better. He used one of those sturdy foldable shipping boxes that can fit inside a mailbox in case anyone was curious.

Edited by krighton