• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

I've said it a few times... but I'll reiterate with this newest rumor posting.

I would be absolutely shocked to see anything but a Peter Parker Spider-man.

Black Peter Parker Spider-man? Well, OK I guess, if you have an actor great for the part, but Miles Morales? For what possible purpose? Marvel has just been chomping at the bit to get Spidey into the MCU, and they decide to go with anything other than their classic character?

If it happens, I'll be the first one admitting that my mind is blown, but come on... you have to view this as a long, long shot.

I always thought Petey was better in the comics than the movies. Mainly because most awkward teenagers never make it to Hollywood. Toby McGuire wasn't sincere enough. I did love him in

Seabiscuit.

Yep, I agree.

They won't bench the superstar right when they get him back.

He IS the face of Marvel Comics.

He used to be the face of Marvel Comics.

There is nothing he is the leader of at Marvel comics anymore.

You don't see Spidey as the most iconic, and popular, of all the Marvel characters?

Interesting...

Who has your vote as Marvel's #1 cape?

Black Peter Parker Spider-man? Well, OK I guess, if you have an actor great for the part, but Miles Morales? For what possible purpose? Marvel has just been chomping at the bit to get Spidey into the MCU, and they decide to go with anything other than their classic character?

If it happens, I'll be the first one admitting that my mind is blown, but come on... you have to view this as a long, long shot.

I always thought Petey was better in the comics than the movies. Mainly because most awkward teenagers never make it to Hollywood. Toby McGuire wasn't sincere enough. I did love him in

Seabiscuit.

Seabiscuit is an amazing movie. Love it.

The novel is outstanding as well.

Seabiscuit.

Seabiscuit is an amazing movie. Love it.

The novel is outstanding as well.

I read the book as well. Still can't get over the fact jockeys used to ingest tapeworms :sick:

Garfield was a good spidey (kept the mask on, was sarcastic & joked a lot, etc) but as Peter, he was too much of a & too "cool". While on the other side, Tobey was the better Peter. He did the awkward thing better, but he was a bad Spidey. Even his "so lame they're kinda funny/charming" jokes didn't go over for me.

Problem is we've had a good Spidey and a good Peter but never in 1 movie. I think Marvel sees that too & aims to correct it.

Garfield was a good spidey (kept the mask on, was sarcastic & joked a lot, etc) but as Peter, he was too much of a & too "cool". While on the other side, Tobey was the better Peter. He did the awkward thing better, but he was a bad Spidey. Even his "so lame they're kinda funny/charming" jokes didn't go over for me.

Problem is we've had a good Spidey and a good Peter but never in 1 movie. I think Marvel sees that too & aims to correct it.

+1, Well said.

Miles Morales is not happening.

-J.

I've read some really good points in here. Ones that make a ton of sense. Peter is Spidey, and that makes the most sense for them earning the most amount of money.

Now, what if Spidey is killed off on the big screen? Then what?

I can see them rolling Miles into a cartoon as Jay said. Most likely to check the buzz pulse on a much cheaper level and also picking up a new fan base in the process.

Yet would Miles hit the big screen before a possible death of Spidey Peter returns?

If Miles does ever hit the big screen that is.

16443307150_2d391ba9bc_o.png

So funny, I was just about to write that. This is as far as I got.

Maybe I think differently but did anyone ever think that they might use more than 1 spider-man.

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) gets hurt during Civil War. Spider-Man returns at the very end of the movie to reveal himself as Miles Morales or even Miguel O'hara :o

Edited by juggernaut

If we are talking speculation, and let's be honest, all of this is speculative. None of us has any idea whether or not Miles will be the next Spidey. We do know it's a possibility. How possible? 20%? 30%? Maybe 40 or 50%?

Whatever the case may be, the risk/reward feels right. Because if Miles Morales is the next Spider-Man in the movies, this book might be the biggest Marvel key since NM 98. It could absolutely be on that level. We are talking Spider-Man here. And if not, it probably won't dip below $10-$15 if youve managed to score a real nice one.

With a 75-80k print run it's not like the market is flooded. What your seeing here is instant gratification. Lots of $5-$10 comic shop hits turning into $75-$100 flips. I respect that. If money is tight do what you have to do. But I would recommend holding onto at least one or two. And if not, that's fine to, but let me leave you with just one question....

Are you feeling lucky?

Yep, I agree.

They won't bench the superstar right when they get him back.

He IS the face of Marvel Comics.

He used to be the face of Marvel Comics.

There is nothing he is the leader of at Marvel comics anymore.

You don't see Spidey as the most iconic, and popular, of all the Marvel characters?

Interesting...

Who has your vote as Marvel's #1 cape?

Currently its easily the Avengers. It was the X-men for years and

still would be if Marvel hadn't de-emphasized them because they don't make any money on them anymore.

Spidey just isn't it and hasn't been for a long time. Again Sony owning him has caused this as well. You will see a re-surgence of his popularity now that Marvel has more access to the character rights now.

Please don't confuse Spidey's popularity from the 60s to 90s. I am talking in the present.

The variant is the copy to score. Its tough to get that book as a 9.8. I am totally happy to see him getting attention. I have been on this train from day 1. I have read every comment about who Spider-Man is and I for am tired of Peter Parker's handling. The franchise needs a shot in the arm. I would love to see Miles on the big screen for a few reasons and 1 is personal.