• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Bingo! And why Sony may feel costs have gotten out of control with Marvel driving everything associated with these movies.

Spider-Man Budget $139 million

Spider-Man 2 Budget $200 million

Spider-Man 3 Budget $258 million

The Amazing Spider-Man Budget $230 million

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Budget $255 million

Spider-Man: Homecoming Budget ??? million

Unless Marvel is getting Sony to spend more than the $250 million it cost to make AoU & Civil War, I don't see what the problem is. I think the budget will be in the same range as they've already spent on 4 of the previous films, between $200 - $260 million. I just don't see how they could be spending more than it cost to make AoU & Civil War, but they've already managed to twice, so who knows.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:37 PM, nWo_22 said:

What do you all think of the newest Spider-man Homecoming trailer?

I am def excited for it, but it does feel like Iron Man 4. lol

This will be the first Marvel CU that I don't see at the theater.  I'm definitely not the audience.  The audience looks to be the same ones they went for Spidey's last outing; kids who wanted to see Spider-Man wear a fireman hat.  No thanks!

Edited by rjrjr

PROMETHEUS Actor Logan Marshall-Green's SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Role Has Finally Been Revealed

Spoiler

The guys over at MCU Exchange have confirmed that though Marshall-Green will (initially) be one of Adrian Toomes' clean-up crew, his name is actually Jackson “Montana” Brice, who was a member of The Enforcers in the comics, and went on to take the mantle of The Shocker in the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series.

Yes, we already have one Shocker in Bokeem Woodbine's Herman Schultz, so the movie will likely come up with a different moniker for Brice - though it's always possible he'll commandeer Schultz's costume and gauntlets at some point.

Is Marvel Set To Reacquire The Full Rights To The Character?

150913.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 actor Dave Bautista (Drax) was a guest on Chris Jericho's podcast, and suggested that Marvel Studios may be about to reacquire the full rights to the Spider-Man character. He immediately clarifies his comments by stating that he's not certain, but it definitely sounds like this is something he's heard and not just an assumption.

Talk Is Jericho - Dave Bautista Returns (5/5/2017)

I listened to it (comes up around 24:10), and it can come across like he has heard something in studio conversations. But he also backs off quickly, and notes he is just assuming this.

Edited by Bosco685

From the looks of it, this movie is going to propagate a common misconception about Shocker.  Because of his name, many believe he shoots electricity from his gauntlets and his suit insulates him from the electricity. 

In the comics, his gauntlets fire off powerful air blasts, making an intense concussive force.  The suit helps to negate the vibration. 

The name is more a reference to something like a vibrational aftershock, not an electric shock.  Though the trailer and the promo art seem to indicate they are going in a different direction.

On 5/8/2017 at 0:41 PM, Turtle said:

From the looks of it, this movie is going to propagate a common misconception about Shocker.  Because of his name, many believe he shoots electricity from his gauntlets and his suit insulates him from the electricity. 

In the comics, his gauntlets fire off powerful air blasts, making an intense concussive force.  The suit helps to negate the vibration. 

The name is more a reference to something like a vibrational aftershock, not an electric shock.  Though the trailer and the promo art seem to indicate they are going in a different direction.

My guess is it's simply for the same reason that all space movies feature loud explosions in space, where in reality there's no sound.... simply because it makes for a better audio/visual presentation.  Something bright/electrical will be more dramactic than vibrational air blasts, and since they can make them do relatively the same types of damage, they're not too bothered by the change.  Hopefully, Marvel has stepped in enough to distinguish the character from Electro, though.  And not that Jamie Foxx thing... but the actual Electro.

13 hours ago, fmaz said:

My guess is it's simply for the same reason that all space movies feature loud explosions in space, where in reality there's no sound.... simply because it makes for a better audio/visual presentation.  Something bright/electrical will be more dramactic than vibrational air blasts, and since they can make them do relatively the same types of damage, they're not too bothered by the change.  Hopefully, Marvel has stepped in enough to distinguish the character from Electro, though.  And not that Jamie Foxx thing... but the actual Electro.

You may be right about the way it presents on screen, but I'd argue that they do very different types of damage.  I'd say energy/burning damage vs. physical/concussive damage almost couldn't be more different. 

When you wrote that about Electro, I wonder if they decided to step away from the vibrational thing since Quake in Agents of SHIELD has a very similar power set.  hm

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING: First Look At Michael Chernus As The Tinkerer Revealed

005.jpg

Thanks to the latest issue of Empire Magazine, we have a first look at Michael Chernus (Orange is the New Black) as The Tinkerer. Described by the publication as Adrian Toomes' sidekick, they reiterate the fact that the latter is put out of business shortly after the events of The Avengers when Damage Control arrives on the scene to take over the tech salvaging business from the debt-ridden future villain.

"That puts him in a pretty desperate situation," explains Spider-Man: Homecoming co-producer Eric Carroll. "So with one of the trucks they've already loaded up, he and his crew, with the help of a character called The Tinkerer, start stealing more of this exotic tech - Chitauri, Dark Elf, and even some Stark stuff - to retro-fit and sell on the black market."

I just saw the trailer.  It caught my eye when I saw a familiar spot.  Franklin K Lane High School in Queens.  He's walking on the platform of the J/Z train at the Forest Hills station.

Spider-Man.JPG

Franklin K Lane.JPG

Wow, the new poster is...awful. I mean, I realize that we live in an era when all we can expect is giant heads, but man, this has a "Baby's First Photoshop" vibe to it. Yuck.

700.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Just Got An Earlier Release Date In The United Kingdom

Marvel Studios frequently release their movies first in the UK, and while some fans have claimed that the country shouldn't receive such "favourable" treatment from Disney, it's usually a result of when school holidays fall on the side of the pond (which is why Wonder Woman releases there on June 1st). 

Now, it's been revealed that Sony Pictures - and presumably Marvel - has brought Spider-Man: Homecoming's UK release date forward from Friday, July 7th to Wednesday, July 5th. Two days!

I know it's hard to tell from the trailers but I'm much more stoked for Thor and WW.  That's tough for me to say, as Spidey has always been a big part of my collection.

15 minutes ago, piper said:

I know it's hard to tell from the trailers but I'm much more stoked for Thor and WW.  That's tough for me to say, as Spidey has always been a big part of my collection.

Same here. I think it may be Spider-fatigue. We just got through a complete character reboot, and it was only, what, two years ago since the last one? This movie looks...fine. But there's nothing that really gets me stoked about it.

Michael Keaton as Vulture and the possibility that Marvel producing the film makes it amazingly great are the only things I'm at all looking forward to for now.

38 minutes ago, piper said:

+1, even though Marvel did more right w/ Spidey in the two or three scenes in Cap:CW than Sony did in the last 3 movies combined, the trailer i saw felt like "been there, done that"