• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future for Marvel Studios after Phase 3.....Phase 4? Discuss!

59 posts in this topic

Hey,

So we all know Marvel has their game-plan from now till the end of my 30's in 2019 with culmination of all of this via Avengers 3 Part 2 (IMO Avengers 4) in 2019. So how will my 40's be in terms of Marvel movies? What is Phase 4?

Lets assume all the actors/actresses aren't coming back which I don't think they will be at their ages by then.

What do you think Marvel/Disney Studios are going to do?

:popcorn:

Good question...some thoughts:

Sebastian Sean takes over as Captain America

Young Spider-Man takes a more central role in the MCU

Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Hulk headline Avengers along with Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange (New hero in the Iron Man armor?)

Inhumans and Guardians roll on, with Inhumans the next staging area for young talent

Disney/Marvel works like hell to get X-Men or FF back in the fold

After Thanos, Avengers villain might be Kang...

Dan

I'm not saying this would happen, but...

Throughout its history Marvel Comics, whether it was called Atlas, Timely or Marvel, didn't always limit itself to the super hero genre.

When super heroes lost favor then crime, westerns, horror, sci-fi, or whatever took their turn.

Who's to say with the juggernaut Marvel Studios has become they will need to limit themselves to super heroes?

A giant studio with a successful track record and the ability to attract plenty of creative talent along with solid financial backing can probably produce whatever it wants.

I can see them doing a more current avengers line up to keep it as the end of each phase. Going by some of the Bendis stuff, they're already introducing a lot of the characters that showed up... Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Bucky Cap, Spider-man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist... And all of those actors would still have several movies to do in their contracts (assuming they'd move some of the tv/Netflix heroes to the big screen).

They'll reboot them all with All-New Iron Man, All-New Thor, All-New Captain America, All-New Amazing Spiderman etc. And they'll change up everything like Falcon will be Captain America, Thor will be a woman, and Spiderman will actually be Spider-Gwen. Then they'll do a Secret Wars movie and reboot it all over again.

It's beginning of another depression plus audiences are tired of all superheroes movies/tv series, literally every channel and every time slots soon. You won't see phase 4.

I think this is where Warner/DC's partial strategy of not linking characters/shows/movies could make them the longer play on grabbing audience attention.

Constantine

Sandman

Lucifer

Preacher

Fables

Y the Last Man

Although still comic book titles/characters, these are great stories all about the paranormal, mythology, folklore, mass-disaster crisis and even pure good versus evil.

So what if at some point Marvel taps into its Big Monster titles, or even Sci-Fi content like Strikeforce Morituri or Alien Legion? It could make a conscious effect to call out in one of its movie phases new universes and focuses would be part of its roadmap, with no links to the existing Marvel Cinema & TV Universe.

Unca Ben may be on to the next phase thinking to avoid a stagnant market.

It's beginning of another depression plus audiences are tired of all superheroes movies/tv series, literally every channel and every time slots soon. You won't see phase 4.

Really?

Has America or the world ever really been tired of people as heroes/villains dressed up in costumes with a gimmicks? (shrug)

I see comic book as the only thing Hollywood has left with fresh new never seen before stories and characters. GoTG, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange etc... (not referring to the big ones)

Whether its comic book characters, Indiana Jones, Rocky, Terminator, Aliens, Star Wars, or Rambo, etc etc....I just don't see where people ever truly get tired of being entertained with larger than life characters and powers.

You will see reboots of the proven A list heroes before you see a bunch of movies based on C listers. The exceptions will be material that the studio and writers involved can make fresh and fun (like GoTG) as opposed to just third string costumed heroes punching out yet more robots and monsters.

Throughout its history Marvel Comics, whether it was called Atlas, Timely or Marvel, didn't always limit itself to the super hero genre.

When super heroes lost favor then crime, westerns, horror, sci-fi, or whatever took their turn.

Who's to say with the juggernaut Marvel Studios has become they will need to limit themselves to super heroes?

A giant studio with a successful track record and the ability to attract plenty of creative talent along with solid financial backing can probably produce whatever it wants.

Alright! Rocky Jorden, Combat Casy, Millie the Model, Kid Colt and Powerhouse Pepper movies in the pipeline! :banana:

I think the avengers trailer is brilliant -Starwars was cool too. I just think that in the long term, 5-6 years out, the general appetite for superheroes will be sated. I also think once DC starts shooting out terd-burners, the pace will cool. I'm probably wrong. I hope

Alright! Rocky Jorden, Combat Casy, Millie the Model, Kid Colt and Powerhouse Pepper movies in the pipeline! :banana:

You forgot Nellie the Night Nurse and Homer the Happy Ghost (tsk)

Avengers 2 seems to be on track to kill it at the box office. with the success they've had, despite the failings of other studios, why would they reboot or recast? The Marvel cinematic universe is the most successful franchise ever with no plans of stopping. They have a wealth of characters they can use, and the success of Guardians will embolden them to do so. Even if they do eventually have a flop, it's going to be several phases down the road before they ever consider rebooting.

Marvel/Disney have enough stock characters to change with the times. Say things get crazy and westerns become popular again; how difficult would it be for them to pull out the Apache Kid, Tex Morgan, The Phantom Rider or even the original Ghost Rider. They can do the same with war movies, comedy movies or any number of properties.

This isn't a bad idea, all things considered. Maybe not movies but if they want to attract a younger and different audience they should consider marketing to girls who watch the DisneyXD channel.

Take the Hannah Montana basic outline and focus on a tweenage Millie Collins, her rival Chili Seven(Storm), their mutual friends Tessa the smart sassy computer wiz (tessie) and the straightman character focused on school so she can become a doctor Nel (Nellie). Want more old school, the Modeling manager could be Hedy DeVine! a surly former model/actress who has to put up with these kids and their Corn Flakes commercials. Sprinkle in MU tidbits here and there with references and you are brainwashing a new generation to think of MARVEL.

You forgot Nellie the Night Nurse and Homer the Happy Ghost (tsk)

Nellie wasn't the Night Nurse; that was Linda Carter (not Wonder Woman). IIRC the Night Nurse will be in the new Daredevil series put out by Netflix as well.