• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Speaking of keys, what is the deal with the pre-Unity Rai Bloodshot #25 variant? I see that in the $40 range on eBay.

Never mind. It was a variant from last year's series. Question answered.

Edited by jmh722

watch out. Some "Ungraded" copies have some sneaky pics hiding wavy covers, and stains on the coupon. Not happy about this one I just got, but I can't use buyer protection because of the camera angles not showing the defects.

Anyone have another Magnus #5 that they won't take my head off for?

watch out. Some "Ungraded" copies have some sneaky pics hiding wavy covers, and stains on the coupon. Not happy about this one I just got, but I can't use buyer protection because of the camera angles not showing the defects.

Anyone have another Magnus #5 that they won't take my head off for?

I have one that isn't NM, but you can just have it. Just PM me (thumbs u

Magnus 5 had issues with the cover stock being all messed up. The "waviness", ripples over the entire cover. Maddening defect, needs to be in hand to see/feel it.

It wasn't the whole run, though. Just every one I seem to find. Of course.

Wavy covers can be dealt with but the cost was too high for a yellow card/coupon set VF copy.

Johnny U made it ok. Thanks again man, so I have to pay it forward somehow.

IDK how, but I will figure it out.

BTW I am one of those teenage kids who was bled dry by valiant in the 1990's. I walked so many miles in 1992 and 1993 in 2 states, and 2 cities, to multiple news stands, book stores, and comic shops.

Magnus 5 had issues with the cover stock being all messed up. The "waviness", ripples over the entire cover. Maddening defect, needs to be in hand to see/feel it.

It wasn't the whole run, though. Just every one I seem to find. Of course.

I think it was more than Magnus #5 that had this, as I've happened across that with #6-7 and the first few times thought I was looking at dampened covers.

Another part of the discussion...

Eternal Warrior 4 (1992) has a final page first appearance of Bloodshot.

It generally sells for more than Rai 0 which is a multi-page appearance of Bloodshot released after EW 4.

There has been debate about whether EW 4 should be more valuable than Rai 0 for its Bloodshot brief first appearance,

and the general consensus has been that EW 4 is more valuable because of the lower print run.

There's an additional wrinkle for Eternal Warrior 4.

It is also the first appearance of the Immortal Enemy.

The new Valiant four-part 2014-2015 series "The Valiant" focuses on the Immortal Enemy.

Eternal Warrior 4 (1992) is both the first Immortal Enemy and the final page first appearance of Bloodshot.

:D

You're awesome. :foryou:

I was JUST thinking of asking this question here today, but figured it's been discussed ad nauseam so I :shy:

This seems to be the Hulk #180 vs. Hulk #181 or ASM #298 vs. ASM #300 debate. I feel like back in the 90's, everyone was trying to pick up EW #4. Everyone had ordered plenty of Rai #0 so EW #4 seemed like the book people were chasing.

I found all of my OO Rai #0's (and Shadowman run, X-O #1, Archer & Armstrong #0, etc. etc.). Now if only I could find my damn EW #4's! doh!

Valiant did this to us to stretch sales of books. Marvel did it right, Last Page of story, counted as Cameo, If on more than 1 page Full Appearance.

Remember how Master Darque's face is not seen until Eternal Warrior #6? But his voice is heard in the back of a limo in Shadowman #7, and his torso is in Shadowman #8. no face until EW #6 though, and people used to chase that book back in the 90's as well.

EW #4 just has that single panel cameo on the last page, for me I'd still rather put my money into Rai #0. One, it has Bloodshot on the cover, and two, it's a full appearance. Full disclosure, I own multiple copies of both, and looked through them today again comparing how much Bloodshot was in each.