• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

anyone else notice the new cgc labels for Rai #0?

Sure would have been nice if they did this months ago when I submitted mine.

Matte or Glossy version now stated on label....not sure how I feel about this, will this technique fall over to other books such as TWD #1 Black Warning label or White Warning label stated on CGC label???

Matte or Glossy version now stated on label....not sure how I feel about this, will this technique fall over to other books such as TWD #1 Black Warning label or White Warning label stated on CGC label???

That's really new... wow... umm... they aren't differentiated in the CGC census, so it's going to be hard to figure out ratios. hm

That's really new... wow... umm... they aren't differentiated in the CGC census, so it's going to be hard to figure out ratios. hm

that's what I thought...........things that make you go hmmm

Great, now to find out weather I have a glossy Rai #0 or not.

Any noticeable/discernible differences?

If anyone is looking to speculate on the current line, pick up the next issue of Ninjak. It has an A cover that I think will be a very popular down the line.

I assume you mean this one:

NINJAK_004_COVER-A_DJURDJEVIC.jpg

That would be it.

1:20's of Ninjak #4 disappearing/disappeared already, and lots of calls about this issue today. My LCS ordered 3 copies, all for subs. This one may be a bigger hit than originally thought. Story was awesome too btw.....

If anyone is looking to speculate on the current line, pick up the next issue of Ninjak. It has an A cover that I think will be a very popular down the line.

That would be it.

1:20's of Ninjak #4 disappearing/disappeared already, and lots of calls about this issue today. My LCS ordered 3 copies, all for subs. This one may be a bigger hit than originally thought. Story was awesome too btw.....

Not than *I* originally thought.

....AND I thought I had a 1:20, but order was canceled. WTF. Welp....now It looks like I gotta pay double to get this book. Again.

Edit: Planets aligned, someone listed one cheaper than what I paid for the canceled order, and I have another copy on the way from a trustworthy seller I have bought from previously.

Edited by UltraMaximus

That would be it.

That fact is what makes me happy to be a Valiant fan first... who happens to own some variants.

Comic value... eventually... has something to do with the quality of the contents, rather than JUST the rarity of the cover.

(thumbs u

That would be it.

That fact is what makes me happy to be a Valiant fan first... who happens to own some variants.

Comic value... eventually... has something to do with the quality of the contents, rather than JUST the rarity of the cover.

(thumbs u

Agreed! Of course, in addition to the awesome cover and Roku's origin, there are also first appearances by a number of baddies in the issue as well. Although I'm not sure if I expect them all to survive the first year of the title.

Writing is super important to me, and how, during the 90's "OMG JIM LEE, OMG that's not Jim Lee" days, I was knocked for reading Valiant titles because their art was less popular, but the writing was always better than any other titles at the time.

VEI is doing superb as well with writing.

I still need me a Bloodshot 7 & 9 and haven't seen one person trying to sell these CGC 9.8. I thought all these valiant books were so easy to find :sumo:

Well... when books were $1 each for 20 years... there wasn't much benefit in having them graded. lol

I still need me a Bloodshot 7 & 9 and haven't seen one person trying to sell these CGC 9.8. I thought all these valiant books were so easy to find :sumo:

I've been buying 9.8 Valiants for over 10 years and a lot of 'common' high print books rarely come up for sale. You got hunt for the HG raws in the wild yourself. That said, approach of the movies should see an uptick in CGC submissions and subsequent sales soon...

I hear you. I have tapped out central Florida 150 mi radius for the most part of V1 raw valiant books worth buying and haven't come across a single copy worth submitting of either of these two particular books. Everything left out there is beat up because of how they have been stored for years.

I hear you. I have tapped out central Florida 150 mi radius for the most part of V1 raw valiant books worth buying and haven't come across a single copy worth submitting of either of these two particular books. Everything left out there is beat up because of how they have been stored for years.

Hit up some of the old timers on Valiantfans. I'm sure someone has raw 9.8 copies. As has been said these issues were never worth the cost of slabbing.

Book of Death! Wednesday, get here already! Tales of the Geomancer too! :ohnoez:

Legends of the Geomancer :gossip:

I don't want anyone to miss it because they're looking in the wrong spot on the alphabetical wall. :grin:

Fixed, and you know how many people came in after initial orders wanting to pay for 25 copies to get the Geomancer title!?!?!?!?!?! We are only getting one copy because Valiant Readership locally does not read previews. And I pre-ordered my copy (the 1)

I really wonder what the Geomancer books print/distribution run will be in the end.

Fixed, and you know how many people came in after initial orders wanting to pay for 25 copies to get the Geomancer title!?!?!?!?!?! We are only getting one copy because Valiant Readership locally does not read previews. And I pre-ordered my copy (the 1)

I really wonder what the Geomancer books print/distribution run will be in the end.

Valiant announced sales of over 70,000 on the main title (Book of Death #1), so the 1:25 books (Legends of the Geomancer #1) should be around 3,000 copies.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/30/valiants-book-of-death-1-has-over-70000-orders-valiantsummit/