• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

9/26 pieces I gave Clink at the comic art con are in this auction. The rest go focused I guess. I was hoping for a few Harris pieces in here but it did not happen. In any event, why don't y'all bid on a Colan page and maybe it is one of the few I consigned!

9/26 pieces I gave Clink at the comic art con are in this auction. The rest go focused I guess. I was hoping for a few Harris pieces in here but it did not happen. In any event, why don't y'all bid on a Colan page and maybe it is one of the few I consigned!

I just might....there are some really nice Colan pages in this auction.

As much as I like the covers, I'd really rather have a panel page. Am I strange? [Don't answer that!] :)

I think your tastes are seen more sophisticated and I'm in agreement in many ways from the perspective of covers, especially of today being just big pin-ups, where panel pages are sequential storytelling.

A lot of the covers of today are the sizzle to the steak without the substance and often times have little to do, subject-matter wise with the content and are just the curbside appeal to draw customers to the book, like with the variant covers, especially with publishers like Zenescope.

I think today's artists have a far easier time in the process of creating a cover, it's faster to render (it's just a pin-up, so less thought goes into it), pays more (both as an assignment and subsequently when they sell the original art), and more prestigious to many in status.

I actually love title splashes more then covers or pages. They usually actually tell a story, they are dynamic like covers but with more thought put into how the art has to fit into the story. All the sizzle of the cover, all the "steak" of a great interior page.

:o

Wonder if the owner had other Marshall Rogers covers? I notice the Donnelly's listed 471 for sale (the Hugo Strange cover)

its a neat cover!

And did you see the Rogers Batman Sunday with Catwoman?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/marshall-rogers-batman-sunday-comic-strip-original-art-dated-1-21-90-creators-syndicate-1990-/p/7136-110004.s#1262312623931

While the HA overall numbers are high, there does not seem to be as many A/A+ pieces or covers (at least on the Marvel side--haven't looked at DC/other).

And there are pieces at a variety of different price ranges--in fact a number of pieces that I am surprised are in this auction and not a regular weekly auction (ie, pages that will likely go for under $1000 or under $500). That is good for some segments of potential buyers but it does feel like it dilutes the quality overall.

Holy smokes! HA currently has 965 OA lots and some more in queue.

There's so much breadth and depth in this one that its hard to really focus on a particular piece or two or ten... :ohnoez:

Totally agree. HUGE auction. I don't see a single MASSIVE piece that everyone will be watching, but there's a lot to love at every price range in this one. It doesn't hurt that there are two major collections beginning to come to market at the same time in this auction. Should be quite the spectacle.

Scott