• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

Sure point one may increase in value, but i doubt itll ever catch up to cm 17 2nd print.

This. ^

Name any book where the hobby flopped a price gap of a $10-20 book and a $100-150 book, or even had one challenged. Never happens. Even that stupid tv screen of darksied stills sells :facepalm:

I don't know I mean NYX #3 went from a 50 dollar book to over 100 in less than a year ago. Books can shoot up and down just like stocks.

The reason I've stayed away from this book is there is confusion on her 1st appearance to this day. 2c

Two books, not one. Top book per character. IE hulk 180/181, uncanny 266/annual 14. The favorite book out the gate stays the favorite book.

Nyx 3 has no challenger book.

Check out the dealer adds in Overstreets from the late '70's. Hulk 180 used to sell for 4x what 181 sold for. Things like this change, especially over the long haul and especially on heavily speculated books. This thread displays a distinct lack of insight into the hobby. :preach:
+1 Only issue is where are the copies to speculate with ? and if wolverine was on that #180 cover who knows what would be today? Who knows what will happen for sure but as of right now you can surely grab tons of the ANMPO #1 at a good price.

Again, all you haters/doubters, those saying point one will be the book to own, lets put it to the test. 0.99 auction on both books, prove to me point one is more valuable. Wgain, the market has spoken, and ill keep saying it because Is a fact, why are yall pushing point one so bad? Do ylu guys have a fat stack of that book? Sound like a few of you are tryong to hype that book to make some cash.

Print run alone will always hold point one book, theres so many copies out there, cm 17 2nd print is the rarer book, the one collectors want, if you dont believe that check ebay listings, theres a HUGE gap between cm 17 2nd print and point one, HUGE.

Nobody is saying cm 17 isn't valuable, but most are saying it's over valued. I recommend selling it now.

A lot of people are saying MPO is undervalued and you should buy that instead.

If you don't think so I give you a challenge, take $300 and buy cm 17, I'll take $300 and buy MPO, let's see in a couple months who makes more money.

Again, all you haters/doubters, those saying point one will be the book to own, lets put it to the test. 0.99 auction on both books, prove to me point one is more valuable. Wgain, the market has spoken, and ill keep saying it because Is a fact, why are yall pushing point one so bad? Do ylu guys have a fat stack of that book? Sound like a few of you are tryong to hype that book to make some cash.

Print run alone will always hold point one book, theres so many copies out there, cm 17 2nd print is the rarer book, the one collectors want, if you dont believe that check ebay listings, theres a HUGE gap between cm 17 2nd print and point one, HUGE.

Nobody is saying cm 17 isn't valuable, but most are saying it's over valued. I recommend selling it now.

If you don't think so I give you a challenge, take $300 and buy cm 17, I'll take $300 and buy MPO, let's see in a couple months who makes more money.

Lets do it.

Lets do it.

both of you post your receipts/screenshots in the next week in this thread please. thanks. THen come on back on Sept 1 and post your sales.

Ok just browsing ebay I see mpo lowest price is $16.99 and cm17 at $134.99

Obviously, you can't spend $300 so let's just say you buy two cm17 for $269.98

I'll buy 16 mpo for $271.84 in two months let's see what happens. Remember small increase to mine is a lot larger percentage growth compare to your's, $1 increase for me is already 5%. $1 increase for you is only .07%. I just need to get to $33.98 to double my invest, you need $269.98 to double. I'm pretty confident I can reach my goal.

Good luck

Edited by johnnymu

Check out the dealer adds in Overstreets from the late '70's. Hulk 180 used to sell for 4x what 181 sold for. Things like this change, especially over the long haul and especially on heavily speculated books. This thread displays a distinct lack of insight into the hobby. :preach:

Here's some insight.

OSPG 78-79 is the first time wolverine is listed, no 180 listed, says 181 1st appearance of wolverine: $1.20

Was not until 81-82 that they changed listing to include 180 and 181 seperate in the guide, both @ $12.00.

By 1986, 180: $10.00 181: $27.50

Never really saw that 4x value anywhere, but I might have been asleep for all of 1984.

feel bad for all those crazy speculators in 1984 that lost out on those stacks of 180 they bought.

Anyway, back to Kamala...

I think it would be interesting to know those who are arguing for one book or another exactly which books they own

hm

I sold all of my 14s and 17 2nd prints. Figured I'd flush the poo while it was still steaming.

I think it would be interesting to know those who are arguing for one book or another exactly which books they own

hm

I sold all of my 14s and 17 2nd prints. Figured I'd flush the poo while it was still steaming.

FYI I am in on all of them (cm14, 14 variant, 17, 17 2nd, MPO 1st and second), all very cheap and early on. Biggest cost was when I was buying CM17 2nd for $5-15 back in Oct-Dec of 14, and already won with that one, I have had multiple 9.8 sales over 250 (CBCS included)

If you guys can push these discussions and get all the other Kamala keys, below 17 2nd, up in price, I thank you in advanced. :applause:

hm

I've seen you in the ASM 678 Mary Jane Variant thread.

If you own one you may want to consider another flush lol

bad bet buddy ! take the 30,000 print run and some far out universe and compare to the possibility of a 1000 print run... ANMPO goes up #17 2nd will as well.

bad bet buddy ! take the 30,000 print run and some far out universe and compare to the possibility of a 1000 print run... ANMPO goes up #17 2nd will as well.

if you're spending the same amount of money, I'm pretty sure the per unit percentage growth potential is most likely higher for a $10 comic than a $200 comic. Do you think its easier for a $10 comic to become a $20 comic or a $200 comic to become a $400 comic? Although if one doesn't already get that means that they probably won't get it after its pointed out.

Worth more is NOT the same as better investment.

if you're spending the same amount of money, I'm pretty sure the per unit percentage growth potential is most likely higher for a $10 comic than a $200 comic. Do you think its easier for a $10 comic to become a $20 comic or a $200 comic to become a $400 comic? Although if one doesn't already get that means that they probably won't get it after its pointed out.

Ding ding, some people just can't understand economy 101. BUY LOW, SELL HIGH

Ding ding ! ha better investment and worth more ! percentages or cash in hand.. ill take the hundred plus cash in hand over the 20 dollars that might be a better percentage.. some people only understand text books.

Ding ding ! ha better investment and worth more ! percentages or cash in hand.. ill take the hundred plus cash in hand over the 20 dollars that might be a better percentage.. some people only understand text books.

huh?

You just don't get it. Yes just say I spent $20 on a book and you spent $100, doesn't mean I only have $20 in my bank.

huh?

HUH? even if the 10 dollar comic doubles to 20 dollars and makes a 100 percent profit and the 200 comic only becomes a 300 dollar comic for a lesser 50 percent profit ill take the 100 dollar profit and lower percentage over the 10 dollar profit and better percentage... cash in hand ! your text book theroy only works with stock and infinite supply !

You just don't get it. Yes just say I spent $20 on a book and you spent $100, doesn't mean I only have $20 in my bank.

I'm guessing he's not going to get it, regardless of how basic the premise may seem. But I'll spell it out, even though I have very little faith...

The following is an example.

I have $200. I want to use this money to buy Ms Marvel 1st App comics hoping to turn the MAXIMUM profit I can over the next 6 months.

Option A) I can buy 1 copy Cap Marvel 17 2nd print for $200 in NM

Option B) I can buy 20 copies of All New Marvel Point ONe 1 for $10 each in NM.

THERE IS NO DOUBT that Cap Marvel 17 2nd print is WORTH MORE, and if bought for cover price will have been a better investment THUS FAR, and most likely ALWAYS give you a better return on your initial COVER PRICE investment. No one is disputing that.

What some of us are saying is that given CURRENT market prices, there is more potential for the market price to have greater percentage growth per unit for All New Marvel Point One. And starting with the same initial investment, its easier and more likely for a currently lesser known $10 comic to go up to $20 than it is for a well known (albeit significantly rarer) $200 comic to go to $400, therefore, most reasonable people would think the ANMPO would be a better investment for purchasing TODAY.

huh?

HUH? even if the 10 dollar comic doubles to 20 dollars and makes a 100 percent profit and the 200 comic only becomes a 300 dollar comic for a lesser 50 percent profit ill take the 100 dollar profit and lower percentage over the 10 dollar profit and better percentage... cash in hand ! your text book theroy only works with stock and infinite supply !

So are saying I'm not allowed to buy $300 worth of mpo and only allowed to buy one? Is this a new comic law I don't know about?

Ok just browsing ebay I see mpo lowest price is $16.99 and cm17 at $134.99

Obviously, you can't spend $300 so let's just say you buy two cm17 for $269.98

I'll buy 16 mpo for $271.84 in two months let's see what happens. Remember small increase to mine is a lot larger percentage growth compare to your's, $1 increase for me is already 5%. $1 increase for you is only .07%. I just need to get to $33.98 to double my invest, you need $269.98 to double. I'm pretty confident I can reach my goal.

Good luck

I would take 16 issues of MNPO1's over two issues of CM17-2nd all day long and every day of the week.

Quick scan of Ebay sales shows MNPO has increased 400-500% since the end of March compared to about 300% for CM17-2nd.