• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

I will have a CGC 9.8 ANMN Point One around this time next week. Shipped today. :grin:

Did it have bindery tears? Just wondering if they are going to let small tears "slide" on this book or not. Appreciate any info!! Nice grade!!

I will have a CGC 9.8 ANMN Point One around this time next week. Shipped today. :grin:

Did it have bindery tears? Just wondering if they are going to let small tears "slide" on this book or not. Appreciate any info!! Nice grade!!

If there are bindery tears, they are barely noticable. It's a beautiful copy.

Check out the dealer adds in Overstreets from the late '70's. Hulk 180 used to sell for 4x what 181 sold for. Things like this change, especially over the long haul and especially on heavily speculated books. This thread displays a distinct lack of insight into the hobby. :preach:

Here's some insight.

OSPG 78-79 is the first time wolverine is listed, no 180 listed, says 181 1st appearance of wolverine: $1.20

Was not until 81-82 that they changed listing to include 180 and 181 seperate in the guide, both @ $12.00.

By 1986, 180: $10.00 181: $27.50

Never really saw that 4x value anywhere, but I might have been asleep for all of 1984.

feel bad for all those crazy speculators in 1984 that lost out on those stacks of 180 they bought.

Anyway, back to Kamala...

Thanks for the info, now check the dealers ads selling the books for the actual selling prices. The guide has always been a guide. The point is this stuff is not set in stone and the "market has spoken" jargon won't apply if the market changes it's mind. I'm set on all of these books, I don't care who wins. I just think its too early to call the game.

I haven't read this book. Why is there a quote from Howard's End on the cover?

That has nothing to do with the book. I asked G. Willow Wilson to write her favorite quote on the cover along with her signature. In my mind I was asking her to write her favorite quote/ dialogue from the book but she end up writing her personal favorite quote. It was kinda of a cool fail if you ask me. :)

I haven't read this book. Why is there a quote from Howard's End on the cover?

That has nothing to do with the book. I asked G. Willow Wilson to write her favorite quote on the cover along with her signature. In my mind I was asking her to write her favorite quote/ dialogue from the book but she end up writing her personal favorite quote. It was kinda of a cool fail if you ask me. :)

Agreed! (thumbs u

Check out the dealer adds in Overstreets from the late '70's. Hulk 180 used to sell for 4x what 181 sold for. Things like this change, especially over the long haul and especially on heavily speculated books. This thread displays a distinct lack of insight into the hobby. :preach:

Here's some insight.

OSPG 78-79 is the first time wolverine is listed, no 180 listed, says 181 1st appearance of wolverine: $1.20

Was not until 81-82 that they changed listing to include 180 and 181 seperate in the guide, both @ $12.00.

By 1986, 180: $10.00 181: $27.50

Never really saw that 4x value anywhere, but I might have been asleep for all of 1984.

feel bad for all those crazy speculators in 1984 that lost out on those stacks of 180 they bought.

Anyway, back to Kamala...

Thanks for the info, now check the dealers ads selling the books for the actual selling prices. The guide has always been a guide. The point is this stuff is not set in stone and the "market has spoken" jargon won't apply if the market changes it's mind. I'm set on all of these books, I don't care who wins. I just think its too early to call the game.

The game was over months ago on CM 17 2nd, you just were not participating when it happend.

The point is the market does not change it's mind when a book gets the 200+ prices that CM 17 2nd has hit. The "market" already has decided on this book, when it was selling for $10-20 (3-6x cover) for MONTHS last year until December, than the market decided to make it a $200+ book.

Your comparison of these mysterious "dealer ads" means nothing, even if you had some to show, they are ads, not completed sales, and the guide was THE definitive source until the mid 90's when trackable internet sales came along. You seem to toot your own horn about your "insight", but shows you are WAY behind in understanding the current market of today. What you or I think has nothing to do with the market, we can try to predict it , but you can never control it, our only option is to just go along for the ride, or don't get in the boat in the first place. I made the smart move of buying a ticket when they were $20, could have been the wrong move, but luckily I was right and my $20's are now $200.

I'm interested to see how this trend continues. I predict that CM17-2 will continue to be a valuable book, but I don't think that will stop PO from rising up to the same level. Once a bunch of slabbed copies start coming back and people see the notes, I'm thinking a price adjustment isn't far behind. PO is ridiculously cheap right now. I wish I would have gotten on the CM17-2 bandwagon when it first came out, but oh well. Hindsight. I do have 3 NM copies I got for cover price with almost no visible ticks that I've been waiting to send down for grading. I should probably get on that. I think they should have no problem being 9.8s.

Yes, ANMNPO is WAY undervalued, but IMO it will not come close to CM 17 2nd due to the 40,000-ish print run of ANMNPO compared to the 1k-ish ultra rare print run of CM 17 2nd. They will both continue to grow, but the gap will stay separated.

Why is this a third print when the UPC code says otherwise? Can someone educate me on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221786930895?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's not the 3rd print. That's the B&W variant that came out on day 1.

Hmm, I thought that was the sketch variant to the 3rd print. Not sure where I got that info. from though.

Why is this a third print when the UPC code says otherwise? Can someone educate me on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221786930895?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The UPC states it's the 7th version of the cover, but the 1st print, so something is off.

It would make sense to be the 3rd print sketch cover as follows:

1 - Standard

2 - Design Variant

3 - Art Adams Variant

4 - Art Adams Sketch Variant

5 - 2nd print

6 - 3rd print

7 - 3rd print sketch variant

Hmm, I thought that was the sketch variant to the 3rd print. Not sure where I got that info. from though.

The UPC states it's the 7th version of the cover, but the 1st print, so something is off.

1 - Standard

2 - Design Variant

3 - Art Adams Variant

5 - 2nd print

6 - 3rd print

its the 7th variant, but usually the third print will be 113.

Issue 1

Variant 1 (as in non-variant)

Print 3

so the one that sold would be

issue 1

variant 7

print 1

1 - Standard

2 - Design Variant

3 - Art Adams Variant

5 - 2nd print

6 - 3rd print

Issue 1

Print 3

issue 1

variant 7

print 1

So was it a one per store? Anyone know the ratio?

1 - Standard

2 - Design Variant

3 - Art Adams Variant

5 - 2nd print

6 - 3rd print

Issue 1

Print 3

issue 1

variant 7

print 1

So was it a one per store? Anyone know the ratio?

pretty sure it wasn't one per store, but other than that, I'm not too sure....CGC 9.8 sold for $295 on the 'bay....

Issue 1

Print 3

issue 1

variant 7

print 1

Right, so which part of the UPC is incorrect, the cover number or the printing number? Edit: 3rd print would be 133. issue 1, 3rd cover (I don't think it matters if it's a variant or not), 3rd print.

I'm thinking the printing number because it's the 3rd Print

Edited by ygogolak

Issue 1

Print 3

issue 1

variant 7

print 1

Right, so which part of the UPC is incorrect, the cover number or the printing number? Edit: 3rd print would be 133. issue 1, 3rd cover (I don't think it matters if it's a variant or not), 3rd print.

I'm thinking the printing number because it's the 3rd Print

none of the UPC is incorrect. it is the sketch variant. the 1st print of the 7th variant.

BUT some websites (mycomicshop) have this comic erroneously listed as the 3rd print. It is not. If you look on MCS, they also have the actual 3rd print listed as well. The UPC code is 113. Issue 1, Regular Variant (as in non-variant), 3rd print. Which most people just call a 3rd print. (note that just because the 2nd number of the upc is still 1 does not mean that the comic has the same cover as the first print, as we all know, there are plenty of second prints that have different covers, but the UPC will usually still be 112 for second print. FOr this example see Justice League 1 New 52).