• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Ok here we go! Up for grabs are three separate RAKs... You can claim 1,2, or even claim all 3! The only stipulation is that if you have already claimed a RAK let someone else claim one too (thumbs u Also, I will ship these books ANYWHERE in the world for free.

RAK No.2 - 5 issues of Alien Worlds

1XjOGyy.jpg?1

:takeit: if still available, love those covers

I was going to put these in a Grendel sales thread but am in a RAK mood, so first :takeit: gets it.

Bowen mini bust set. The box is beat a bit as you can see.

I would ask that whomever takes it consider offering a RAK sometime in the near future. You do not have to do so, but you do have to consider doing so.

CC9ifaIUMAAKVj5.jpg

CC9ifdjUgAAU12y.jpg

CC9ifcoVAAAKWeu.jpg

CC9iffCVAAAvtW_.jpg

Now from what I recall, there is one issue on these busts. Someone done got a chipped thumb. It is very small but it is there. I think it is Brian Li Sung. If you buy and display these please do not put Brian Li Sung in the box and display Christine and Hunter. It is not Brian's fault that Grendel had a different destiny for him.

s/h in US is covered by me

RAK taken by ebtorres!

I have seen The Warriors guys at carbo shows before, maybe not 10 but quite a few.

I think Philly is the show to go to. AC is a tough drive unless you want to do AC, Philly is so much easier a drive. But I am only going on a day-to-day basis (anyone have a pass for Sunday afternoon, about 3 pm or so? I am going to my girl's soccer game and want to head over for the end of show and was hoping to use a connection to get in rather than pay just for a hour or two. I will pay if necessary as I hope to drop off some CGC on-site books Thursday - which I paid for.)

AC has Ramos and Stan Lee and JSC but other than that for me it is an easy choice to go to Philly.

Philly is the show to do. You should make back $1300 in no time at philly. Probably before the show even opens. I grabbed a few booths for philly and luckily know a dealer in the area and worked out a deal yesterday that will pay for the setup/trip. Never did ohilly before but its looking to be a great city.

Thanks for the insight, I hope you do well at the show.

If I do either show, Philly will be the show that I do.I just need to find someone to split a 10x10 corner booth with me....(more like a 10x14 because you can always cheat the spacing on corner booths at bigger shows).....while i realize I could recoup $1300 somewhat quickly but doing so before the show even opens, I think that would involve wholesaling a stack of my better books to dealers and I'd be effectively shooting myself in the foot, after laying out $1300 just to set up at Philly.

But hey, if you know any dealers who would be open to splitting a booth, please drop me a PM.....if they are not local, they can even crash at my house, in my spare room.

2 of the 4 guys, who I talked to this weekend about splitting a booth with me have said the booth prices were too high.

I think if I do the show by myself, I will make almost as much money as I would if I split a booth 50/50 with someone else, I just have a sneaking suspicion that a big chunk of regular Wizard goers may be opting to save some, or all of their money, to go to the Boardwalk Con, the following weekend.....the idea of setting up at Wizard, with a $1300 booth to myself, and possibly taking in just enough to break even, after covering the expense involved with setting up and what I have into my books....makes me much too apprehensive about dropping $1300 on a booth.

I have seen The Warriors guys at carbo shows before, maybe not 10 but quite a few.

I think Philly is the show to go to. AC is a tough drive unless you want to do AC, Philly is so much easier a drive. But I am only going on a day-to-day basis (anyone have a pass for Sunday afternoon, about 3 pm or so? I am going to my girl's soccer game and want to head over for the end of show and was hoping to use a connection to get in rather than pay just for a hour or two. I will pay if necessary as I hope to drop off some CGC on-site books Thursday - which I paid for.)

AC has Ramos and Stan Lee and JSC but other than that for me it is an easy choice to go to Philly.

Philly is the show to do. You should make back $1300 in no time at philly. Probably before the show even opens. I grabbed a few booths for philly and luckily know a dealer in the area and worked out a deal yesterday that will pay for the setup/trip. Never did ohilly before but its looking to be a great city.

Thanks for the insight, I hope you do well at the show.

If I do either show, Philly will be the show that I do.I just need to find someone to split a 10x10 corner booth with me....(more like a 10x14 because you can always cheat the spacing on corner booths at bigger shows).....while i realize I could recoup $1300 somewhat quickly but doing so before the show even opens, I think that would involve wholesaling a stack of my better books to dealers and I'd be effectively shooting myself in the foot, after laying out $1300 just to set up at Philly.

But hey, if you know any dealers who would be open to splitting a booth, please drop me a PM.....if they are not local, they can even crash at my house, in my spare room.

2 of the 4 guys, who I talked to this weekend about splitting a booth with me have said the booth prices were too high.

I think if I do the show by myself, I will make almost as much money as I would if I split a booth 50/50 with someone else, I just have a sneaking suspicion that a big chunk of regular Wizard goers may be opting to save some, or all of their money, to go to the Boardwalk Con, the following weekend.....the idea of setting up at Wizard, with a $1300 booth to myself, and possibly taking in just enough to break even, after covering the expense involved with setting up and what I have into my books....makes me much too apprehensive about dropping $1300 on a booth.

You might have to move the booth rental parts of the conversations to pm, otherwise people are going to forget it's a RAK thread! :D

:bump: the most recent RAKS, all of which are very cool and generous!

Ok here we go! Up for grabs are three separate RAKs... You can claim 1,2, or even claim all 3! The only stipulation is that if you have already claimed a RAK let someone else claim one too (thumbs u Also, I will ship these books ANYWHERE in the world for free.

RAK No.1 - 5 issues of Alien Encounters

04I9poL.jpg?1

RAK No.1 Claimed by: porcupine48

RAK No.2 - 5 issues of Alien Worlds

1XjOGyy.jpg?1

RAK No.2 Claimed by: Azkaban

RAK No.3 - 8 issues of "Obscure Number 1 Titles"

7x1HNDl.jpg?1

.....And for those of you still interested ...I'm still offering up a 1976 Milton Bradley "Hangman" board game & a print error copy of 1990 Space Funnies Vol.1 No.1 shipped anywhere in the US (thumbs u

QEFxKXl.jpg?1

"Hangman" RAK Claimed by: porcupine48

I was going to put these in a Grendel sales thread but am in a RAK mood, so first :takeit: gets it.

Bowen mini bust set. The box is beat a bit as you can see.

I would ask that whomever takes it consider offering a RAK sometime in the near future. You do not have to do so, but you do have to consider doing so.

CC9ifaIUMAAKVj5.jpg

CC9ifdjUgAAU12y.jpg

CC9ifcoVAAAKWeu.jpg

CC9iffCVAAAvtW_.jpg

Now from what I recall, there is one issue on these busts. Someone done got a chipped thumb. It is very small but it is there. I think it is Brian Li Sung. If you buy and display these please do not put Brian Li Sung in the box and display Christine and Hunter. It is not Brian's fault that Grendel had a different destiny for him.

s/h in US is covered by me

Well since I have to send a package out tomorrow anyway

RAK pick one

Sketches picked up at Phoenix Con Sketch Off

Free shipping in US

rjqgqb.jpg

Cool Kav, glad it arrived intact and glad you like it!

I also got a RAK in the mail today! 4 cool DHP comics from topcat54! Thank you! I am a sucka for free RAK comics!

I just finished reading David Hajdu's excellent book, "The Ten-Cent Plague".

If you want to learn more about the Comic Book burnings, bannings, and Wertham's influence in the 1950s then this is the book for you.

It's hardbound and about 430 pages and has a ton of info and anecdotes from the era.

I just want to pass on the book to someone else who would like to read it. I'll pay for the media mail shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US.

1st person who wants it, gets it.

I just finished reading David Hajdu's excellent book, "The Ten-Cent Plague".

If you want to learn more about the Comic Book burnings, bannings, and Wertham's influence in the 1950s then this is the book for you.

It's hardbound and about 430 pages and has a ton of info and anecdotes from the era.

I just want to pass on the book to someone else who would like to read it. I'll pay for the media mail shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US.

1st person who wants it, gets it.

I'll take it read it pass it on T