• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Box RAK - Modern Marvel Comics readers

1 Medium Priority Flat Rate box filled with modern Marvel comics. Comics will be consecutive runs/sets starting at issue 1 or at the start of a story arc. TPB's may also be included, depending on what I can stuff inside the box. I imagine something around 40-50 comics will fit in the box. Great for new comics readers or if you haven't read much Marvel books in the last few years.

You cover the cost of shipping (about $12 in the USA).

marvel.jpg

:bump:

STILL AVAILABLE

:takeit:

Why were the value stamp pages separated down the middle into half wraps?

Maybe because the stamps were only on that half of the wrap? Why take out 4 pages (which affects the story) when all you have to do is take out 2 pages (hopefully only ad pages)? I don't think the value stamps were in the centerfold.

Maybe because the stamps were only on that half of the wrap? Why take out 4 pages (which affects the story) when all you have to do is take out 2 pages (hopefully only ad pages)? I don't think the value stamps were in the centerfold.

ad pages

Up for grabs, a batch of Marvel Stamps and a Mark Jewelers insert that was carefully taken out of staples.

100_3162_zpsq2jc1hwd.jpg

100_3163_zpsmjixrvq4.jpg

I'd really be able to use just *2* of them, I'll cover shipping.The Marvel value stamp for Hulk 181....my personal copy is missing it....and the Marvel value stamp for Marvel Premiere # 15, for the same reason.

Never thought I'd get the chance to have these:cloud9: ..... , without having to buy second copies of the books for the sole purpose of taking out the pages with the Marvel value stamps....which would kinda suck, :lol:......

I'd be eternally grateful, just for those 2 (worship)

Up for grabs, a batch of Marvel Stamps and a Mark Jewelers insert that was carefully taken out of staples.

100_3162_zpsq2jc1hwd.jpg

100_3163_zpsmjixrvq4.jpg

I'd really be able to use just *2* of them, I'll cover shipping.The Marvel value stamp for Hulk 181....my personal copy is missing it....and the Marvel value stamp for Marvel Premiere # 15, for the same reason.

Never thought I'd get the chance to have these:cloud9: ..... , without having to buy second copies of the books for the sole purpose of taking out the pages with the Marvel value stamps....which would kinda suck, :lol:......

I don't see either of those Series A stamps in the picture. Unless you are assuming they have more than what is pictured-- which was not stated.

Incredible Hulk 181 Nov 1974 54 Shanna

Marvel Premiere 15 May 1974 94 Electro

100_3162_zpsq2jc1hwd.jpg

100_3163_zpsmjixrvq4.jpg

I don't see either of those Series A stamps in the picture. Unless you are assuming they have more than what is pictured-- which was not stated.

Incredible Hulk 181 Nov 1974 54 Shanna

Marvel Premiere 15 May 1974 94 Electro

Mr.Lebowski, you are quite right......I believe I was mildly intoxicated when I posted last night and I had not checked my notes....simply saw a Hulk value stamp and had forgotten that did not come from Hulk 181 doh!

That said, I'd rather let someone else get the stamps, who will appreciate them more than I would.

For boardies who want to claim a RAK from me, I will be at booth # 423...though the ECCC map currently does not have me listed at # 423.....meh.

I messaged the promoter to update my booth listing from "Colin O'Malley & Joe Walsh", as I will not be doing this show with Joe Walsh( a buddy of mine), to "Copper Age Kids", and he said he'd have it done...looks like he forgot/neglected to update the change, ....so yeah, just a heads up that I WILL be at my assigned booth, despite the ECCC.com map not indicating so.

Alright, one good turn deserves another and I have an idea for a novel sort of RAK, the sort of gift that keeps on giving, wherein the goodie being presented is not just limited to the first "I'll take It", A BAKER'S DOZEN BOARDIES can claim a RAK from yours truly (thumbs u

....and for the record, the term RAG sounds fugly.Sounds too much like the word rag.

I will be set up at the East Coast Comic Con this weekend, the 11th and 12th.Booth # 423, look for a 4 foot long Copper Age Kids sign....actually I am 3 booths away from both CBCS's booth and the authorized CGC member/dealer's booth so if you're subbing comics, you'll be 30 feet from my booth.....eazy peezy.

Among other inventory, I will have roughly 20-25 short boxes of $10 boxes....all alphabatized.......all of my books are labeled and graded.....neatly handwritten on the top of each Full Back, I'm the hardest workin' man in the business, I tell ya......I don't eff around, I have not seen any other dealer put this sort of work into their setup.....and y'all have no ideas how many cigarettes I have to smoke to get the prep work for shows completed. doh!

Moving onward past the wordplay...

To the first 12 boardies who comes to my table at the East Coast Comic Con

No purchase necessary.

I will give ANY book out of my $10 boxes to any boardie , at your/the boardie's choice, who stops by my booth and introduces himself/herself to me.

I'll have roughly 2,000 to 2,300 books in my $10 boxes to choose from, ranging from silver to modern...with some Golden Age sprinkled in.

There will be plenty of books to pick from.....here's a few that I just processed, sitting right in front of me.

Do ya fancy digging a $30 Crime Does Not Pay comic out of my $10 boxes?

Take it, go ahead.

A VF 8.0 Superboy silver age book with a Neal Adams cover?

It's yours.

Want a NM 9.4 Legends # 2, #4,#5 or #6 or a NM copy of X-Force # 2...they're all in my $10 boxes so take one of them, on the house.A VF/NM holofoil error variant of X-Men # 317 (1st app. Blink) or a solid NM/MT 9.8 copy of # X-Men 317 to submit for grading by CBCS or CGC at the show?

Bingo, it's yours.

THE OFFICIAL East Coast Comic Con's The Copper Age Kids are Ke-Razy for Komics SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS:

:blahblah:

No purchase necessary.

Offer open to all legal (or illegal, immigrants built this damn country) US residents.

Void where prohibited by law...

:blahblah: ...there are no rules, nothing is void... I just like to make bad puns.

I'm giving away a few hundred bucks worth of comics, what else needs to be said?

And bring your kid(s) with you, and they can each have a free late 1960's to late 70's Dell/Gold Key/Archie book to read on the drive home, too.

I have a short box that I keep behind the table at shows, mostly to give away to kids or to use as box filler when I condense my boxes for the drive home so I can give away up to 50 of those books.

RAK: Kav's SS Matt Damon movie comic

Actual sig will be slightly different-this image is from the charity thread I was too lazy to re scan.

24ozn77.jpg

11kjedk.jpg

For boardies who want to claim a RAK from me, I will be at booth # 423...though the ECCC map currently does not have me listed at # 423.....meh.

I messaged the promoter to update my booth listing from "Colin O'Malley & Joe Walsh", as I will not be doing this show with Joe Walsh( a buddy of mine), to "Copper Age Kids", and he said he'd have it done...looks like he forgot/neglected to update the change, ....so yeah, just a heads up that I WILL be at my assigned booth, despite the ECCC.com map not indicating so.

I asked the promoter

Alright, one good turn deserves another and I have an idea for a novel sort of RAK, the sort of gift that keeps on giving, wherein the goodie being presented is not just limited to the first "I'll take It", A BAKER'S DOZEN BOARDIES can claim a RAK from yours truly (thumbs u

....and for the record, the term RAG sounds fugly.Sounds too much like the word rag.

I will be set up at the East Coast Comic Con this weekend, the 11th and 12th.Booth # 423, look for a 4 foot long Copper Age Kids sign....actually I am 3 booths away from both CBCS's booth and the authorized CGC member/dealer's booth so if you're subbing comics, you'll be 30 feet from my booth.....eazy peezy.

Among other inventory, I will have roughly 20-25 short boxes of $10 boxes....all alphabatized.......all of my books are labeled and graded.....neatly handwritten on the top of each Full Back, I'm the hardest workin' man in the business, I tell ya......I don't eff around, I have not seen any other dealer put this sort of work into their setup.....and y'all have no ideas how many cigarettes I have to smoke to get the prep work for shows completed. doh!

Moving onward past the wordplay...

To the first 12 boardies who comes to my table at the East Coast Comic Con

No purchase necessary.

I will give ANY book out of my $10 boxes to any boardie , at your/the boardie's choice, who stops by my booth and introduces himself/herself to me.

I'll have roughly 2,000 to 2,300 books in my $10 boxes to choose from, ranging from silver to modern...with some Golden Age sprinkled in.

There will be plenty of books to pick from.....here's a few that I just processed, sitting right in front of me.

Do ya fancy digging a $30 Crime Does Not Pay comic out of my $10 boxes?

Take it, go ahead.

A VF 8.0 Superboy silver age book with a Neal Adams cover?

It's yours.

Want a NM 9.4 Legends # 2, #4,#5 or #6 or a NM copy of X-Force # 2...they're all in my $10 boxes so take one of them, on the house.A VF/NM holofoil error variant of X-Men # 317 (1st app. Blink) or a solid NM/MT 9.8 copy of # X-Men 317 to submit for grading by CBCS or CGC at the show?

Bingo, it's yours.

THE OFFICIAL East Coast Comic Con's The Copper Age Kids are Ke-Razy for Komics SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS:

:blahblah:

No purchase necessary.

Offer open to all legal (or illegal, immigrants built this damn country) US residents.

Void where prohibited by law...

:blahblah: ...there are no rules, nothing is void... I just like to make bad puns.

I'm giving away a few hundred bucks worth of comics, what else needs to be said?

And bring your kid(s) with you, and they can each have a free late 1960's to late 70's Dell/Gold Key/Archie book to read on the drive home, too.

I have a short box that I keep behind the table at shows, mostly to give away to kids or to use as box filler when I condense my boxes for the drive home so I can give away up to 50 of those books.

Thank you for promoting your booth again.