• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

For boardies who want to claim a RAK from me, I will be at booth # 423...though the ECCC map currently does not have me listed at # 423.....meh.

I messaged the promoter to update my booth listing from "Colin O'Malley & Joe Walsh", as I will not be doing this show with Joe Walsh( a buddy of mine), to "Copper Age Kids", and he said he'd have it done...looks like he forgot/neglected to update the change, ....so yeah, just a heads up that I WILL be at my assigned booth, despite the ECCC.com map not indicating so.

I asked the promoter

Alright, one good turn deserves another and I have an idea for a novel sort of RAK, the sort of gift that keeps on giving, wherein the goodie being presented is not just limited to the first "I'll take It", A BAKER'S DOZEN BOARDIES can claim a RAK from yours truly (thumbs u

....and for the record, the term RAG sounds fugly.Sounds too much like the word rag.

I will be set up at the East Coast Comic Con this weekend, the 11th and 12th.Booth # 423, look for a 4 foot long Copper Age Kids sign....actually I am 3 booths away from both CBCS's booth and the authorized CGC member/dealer's booth so if you're subbing comics, you'll be 30 feet from my booth.....eazy peezy.

Among other inventory, I will have roughly 20-25 short boxes of $10 boxes....all alphabatized.......all of my books are labeled and graded.....neatly handwritten on the top of each Full Back, I'm the hardest workin' man in the business, I tell ya......I don't eff around, I have not seen any other dealer put this sort of work into their setup.....and y'all have no ideas how many cigarettes I have to smoke to get the prep work for shows completed. doh!

Moving onward past the wordplay...

To the first 12 boardies who comes to my table at the East Coast Comic Con

No purchase necessary.

I will give ANY book out of my $10 boxes to any boardie , at your/the boardie's choice, who stops by my booth and introduces himself/herself to me.

I'll have roughly 2,000 to 2,300 books in my $10 boxes to choose from, ranging from silver to modern...with some Golden Age sprinkled in.

There will be plenty of books to pick from.....here's a few that I just processed, sitting right in front of me.

Do ya fancy digging a $30 Crime Does Not Pay comic out of my $10 boxes?

Take it, go ahead.

A VF 8.0 Superboy silver age book with a Neal Adams cover?

It's yours.

Want a NM 9.4 Legends # 2, #4,#5 or #6 or a NM copy of X-Force # 2...they're all in my $10 boxes so take one of them, on the house.A VF/NM holofoil error variant of X-Men # 317 (1st app. Blink) or a solid NM/MT 9.8 copy of # X-Men 317 to submit for grading by CBCS or CGC at the show?

Bingo, it's yours.

THE OFFICIAL East Coast Comic Con's The Copper Age Kids are Ke-Razy for Komics SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS:

:blahblah:

No purchase necessary.

Offer open to all legal (or illegal, immigrants built this damn country) US residents.

Void where prohibited by law...

:blahblah: ...there are no rules, nothing is void... I just like to make bad puns.

I'm giving away a few hundred bucks worth of comics, what else needs to be said?

And bring your kid(s) with you, and they can each have a free late 1960's to late 70's Dell/Gold Key/Archie book to read on the drive home, too.

I have a short box that I keep behind the table at shows, mostly to give away to kids or to use as box filler when I condense my boxes for the drive home so I can give away up to 50 of those books.

Thank you for promoting your booth again.

Ouch....come on man, that is uncalled for.

I offered up a pretty cool RAK to *12* boardies, and I am not arbitrarily trying to promote my booth, either...moreso confirming that I'll be at the show hooking boardies up with RAK's, as I said I would be doing a few days ago.

Since then, I asked the promoter to change my booth name as my usual show partner is not doing the show with me as was planned earlier......so I asked for a switch in booth /trade names.

The promoter is not promoting my booth i.e. due to a slip up on his end, but it's not a huge deal.I messaged him requesting he update the site with the correct info earlier tonight but he hasn't gotten back to me, I'm sure he has his hands full, as is.

My booth number and my name were removed from the exhibitor floor plan on eastcoastcomiccon.com, a day or 2 ago, when I requested the name change, and I noticed it a few hours ago on the ECCC.com site.

All I was trying to accomplish with that post was to confirm to anyone who was going, that I will be set up there because if you look at the floor plan map below....you will not be able to find my booth.Maybe (or maybe not)he'll update it tomorrow but as of now, it does not indicate I am a vendor at the show:

Have a look, it is an alphabetical listing and yup......my name is not listed:

http://www.eastcoastcomicon.com/exhibitors

Nothing wrong with some self promotion. If I had a booth I would be promoting the heck out of it. . lets have some kindness here in the kindness thread.

I had originally planned on going but my car has issues so not going. But would be at the booth if I was.

Nothing wrong with some self promotion. If I had a booth I would be promoting the heck out of it. . lets have some kindness here in the kindness thread.

My sentiments exactly, on both counts.

Oh and here's a good one doh! ....I just had another look at the exhibitor floor plan and I am now listed under "The Copper Age Kids" and not "Copper Age Kids".

My booth number has also been changed from # 423 to # 426.

A friendly reminder....the CGC authorized submission booth is # 528.

Well, I'm off to pack my truck up....although I suspect I will be up much later than I would like to....still have an easy 150+ books to bag/board, I'll see how much I can get done tonight......I'll catch up on sleep at the hotel, tomorrow night lol

Happy hunting tomorrow, fellas.

For more shameless self promotion :hi: hehe...CBCS is located at booth # 430 , which definitely is pretty cool...it'll make subbing books much easier.

I don't mind a little self promotion as long as you are giving boardies RAKS, but you need to be careful with that part....it could be deemed promoting them which is a (tsk) here.

For boardies who want to claim a RAK from me, I will be at booth # 423...though the ECCC map currently does not have me listed at # 423.....meh.

I messaged the promoter to update my booth listing from "Colin O'Malley & Joe Walsh", as I will not be doing this show with Joe Walsh( a buddy of mine), to "Copper Age Kids", and he said he'd have it done...looks like he forgot/neglected to update the change, ....so yeah, just a heads up that I WILL be at my assigned booth, despite the ECCC.com map not indicating so.

Joe Walsh the musician?

That is awesome. My favorite guitar player, singer / songwriter, loved his stuff since The James Gang.

There are not many celebrities that I would care to meet, Joe's an exception.

You're a lucky guy.

Good points all..... just checking in one last time before I continue with what looks like an all nighter of last minute show prep, ugh.....I'll edit out alla this stuff, if boardies think I should (Wombat, what say ye?) when I get back from the show.

And as far as confirmaton of all 12 RAK's being given out by myself at the show, I don't think the 12 boardies who get the RAK's from me would mind posting so, possibly even showing them off if they desire to do so, in this thread :)

And now, back to the neverending fun that is prepping for a 2 day show....

Good points all..... just checking in one last time before I continue with what looks like an all nighter of last minute show prep, ugh.....I'll edit out alla this stuff, if boardies think I should (Wombat, what say ye?) when I get back from the show.

And as far as confirmaton of all 12 RAK's being given out by myself at the show, I don't think the 12 boardies who get the RAK's from me would mind posting so, possibly even showing them off if they desire to do so, in this thread :)

And now, back to the neverending fun that is prepping for a 2 day show....

I got my RAK today from CopperAgeKids, so thank you! I said I would come back and spent cash but never did, sorry! I will come by tomorrow. I scored a BA12 in need of a little love and freaked out a bit and left before my head exploded.

But thank you CopperAgeKids!