• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

I just finished reading David Hajdu's excellent book, "The Ten-Cent Plague".

If you want to learn more about the Comic Book burnings, bannings, and Wertham's influence in the 1950s then this is the book for you.

It's hardbound and about 430 pages and has a ton of info and anecdotes from the era.

I just want to pass on the book to someone else who would like to read it. I'll pay for the media mail shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US.

1st person who wants it, gets it.

I'll take it read it pass it on T

You got it.

This book would make a great documentary. I wonder if the author has talked to any film makers. It's such an interesting slice of history.

Good to see some more RAKs being offered!

Great job guys!

I am on the lookout, almost took those Dredds but will wait for something I definitely want rather than just something for free.

No one wants those Grendel mini-busts though, eh? This issue..."Even a RAKker can cry!"

I thought those statues would be long gone by now. If they were even remotely in my collecting realm I would have taken them.

Same here. I am just very careful not to claim anything in PIF or RAK unless I know for sure I will display them, read them or collect them. I bet someone would love those and just doesnt know this thread exists.

I even posted in the statue thread. I made need to take them out of the box for some photos! (Or just quietly put them away and wait for the spirit of Grendel to awaken again.)

I was going to put these in a Grendel sales thread but am in a RAK mood, so first :takeit: gets it.

Bowen mini bust set. The box is beat a bit as you can see.

I would ask that whomever takes it consider offering a RAK sometime in the near future. You do not have to do so, but you do have to consider doing so.

CC9ifaIUMAAKVj5.jpg

CC9ifdjUgAAU12y.jpg

CC9ifcoVAAAKWeu.jpg

CC9iffCVAAAvtW_.jpg

Now from what I recall, there is one issue on these busts. Someone done got a chipped thumb. It is very small but it is there. I think it is Brian Li Sung. If you buy and display these please do not put Brian Li Sung in the box and display Christine and Hunter. It is not Brian's fault that Grendel had a different destiny for him.

s/h in US is covered by me

I saw these when you posted about them in the statues thread and thought about claiming them, but wanted others to have a shot at 'em. It's been a couple of days and they're still here, so if there are no objections...

:takeit:

RAK No.2 - 5 issues of Alien Worlds

1XjOGyy.jpg?1

:takeit: if still available, love those covers

^^

Just got my Alien Worlds from the Count, can't wait to get home to read them. :applause: