• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

Movie looks good...movie sounds absolutely annoying though. Did we need elephant/alarm sounds during the trailer?

That's consistent with alarm noises in ANH. I forget if that was on the death star or yavin though.

Spectacular! :cool:

Sidebar: I think they realized the male-fan base is pretty much maxed out and so and it's clear that, just like the comicbook industry, they're pushing hard to drill into the untapped well of female fans. Comicons are just going to keep getting more and more crowded... and that's good! lol! :grin:

I think I'm going to enjoy this much more than Force Awakens.

Did you not enjoy ROTJ?

You know it had a 2nd Deathstar as well. :baiting:

TFA mirrored A New Hope and that was the smartest movie choice I have seen in my lifetime. After the prequel garbage JJ/Disney had to make TFA exactly how they did it.

I think this looks great. I am excited.

I will see this. I do think that one Star Wars movie a year from here on out will eventually feel like overkill though.

I agree. hopefully after ep 9 they can go every other year. and even then maybe go even farther back in time for ancient jedis or just random one-off origin stories of random groups or characters.

1. Origin of Qui Gonn

2. Origin of Darth Maul

3. Young Emperor

4. Knights of Ren Origin

5. All Wookie adventure - maybe for kids?

6. Young Yoda

7. Young Mace Windu

I've watched the trailer several times today and get chills each time. Whoever directed the trailer deserves some big kudos! :acclaim: They balanced sound and motion in a great way. The different movie clips were great too, the dialogue in each gives me hope for this Star Wars story.

I'm loving everything I saw except for the byline "A Star Wars Story". It still feels strange to me, because I liked the Anthology name better. Why not just Star Wars: Rogue One?

Still, if that is my only complaint (and it is a small one), this is shaping up to be a terrific movie.

+ Mon Mothma

+ Black Stormtroopers

- Guy with staff doesn't look Star Wars

Hopefully the plot isn't too much like Suicide Squad which is the feeling I got from this trailer.