• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

I guess I'll be the first to say it...

This looks more like a Star Wars type of Hunger Games.

I fear Hollywood's beating the female baddass movie-line to death...

Every once in a while a Ripley styled movie is cool, but with Mad Max,

Ghostbusters and the Force Awakens all radically shifting to all female leads

it's just getting colossally boring.

and I liked Mad Max and I semi liked awakens...

I mean why not use a badassed alien like why the Bothans to illustrate why this species was so important to the Star Wars Mythos?

(shrug)

I mean why not use a badassed alien like why the Bothans to illustrate why this species was so important to the Star Wars Mythos?

(shrug)

Was waiting to see when the first complaint about the gender of the main character was going to surface.

There it is!

(shrug)

Was waiting to see when the first complaint about the gender of the main character was going to surface.

There it is!

YEP! ok now what???

I'll go a step further...

Why can't it be a black, or asian or hispanic woman???

I guess that just wouldn't hit the Hunger Games formula!

I really don't give a BLANK...

I'm stating the obvious that this is being done A LOT!

I guess I need to start buying stock in Jane Bond and Rambo'ette???

:eyeroll:

(shrug)

There it is!

YEP! ok now what???

I'll go a step further...

Why can't it be a black, or asian or hispanic woman???

I guess that just wouldn't hit the Hunger Games formula!

I really don't give a BLANK...

I'm stating the obvious that this is being done A LOT!

I guess I need to start buying stock in Jane Bond and Rambo'ette???

:eyeroll:

I guess it's because I look to the quality of the cast and not their "parts" or how they look.

The quality of the new actors and cast of TFA was drastically better than anything any Star Wars movie have put on screen.

I'm just thankful for talented people being able to tell good stories. I really don't give a blank if they're a man or woman. To me that's some really shallow analysis given that the last new make lead in a Star Wars movie was Hayden Christensen who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

The prequels were garbage for the most part so that's both a ridiculous assessment and comparison.

So the same universe and timeline for the stories set in the same places with the same characters yet the acting in the new film is drastically superior, but is a ridiculous comparison? lol

It doesn't really matter to most people if their character is a man or woman, black, white or asian, as long as they are solid in their role and tell the story well.

Some people only see the surface I guess.

The prequels were garbage for the most part so that's both a ridiculous assessment and comparison.

So the same universe and timeline for the stories set in the same places with the same characters yet the acting in the new film is drastically superior, but is a ridiculous comparison? lol

It doesn't really matter to most people if their character is a man or woman, black, white or asian, as long as they are solid in their role and tell the story well.

What part of "Why can't it be a black, or asian or hispanic woman" did you miss?

I personally just want to be entertained by something original.

Hollywood is stuck in a certain concept = The cookie cutter caucasian female heroine.

Fact: Something repetitive that wasn't before becomes an object of attention.

And there is nothing shallow here. I've already stated that I like this in some recent films. It's just when it's over done it seems like a fad money grab exercise when the Star Wars doesn't need to be because it will sell no matter what!

Anyway agreed to disagree, It's an opinion.

YAWN!

To be fair the epic razzie that will be Ghostbusters (2016) film Hollywood definitely did casting of all women on purpose and even mirrored them being the 3 white girls who then hire a black women as their 4th member. That movie should be banned due to their lack of creative thinking in general from the movie studio execs. Yet another remake that will be a disgrace to the original. They should have just made the cast member a mix of both male & female.

Back to Rogue One.......

I don't care who the main protagonist is just as long as I see Vader killing hopefully hundreds of rebels and truly showing us he is a monster of a person. I would be very happy indeed, and I want this movie to be so dark kids come out crying. :banana:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I don't care who the main protagonist is just as long as I see Vader killing hopefully hundreds of rebels and truly showing us he is a monster of a person.

And imperials. He kills imperials too, that fail him. I'm thinking maybe that's actually what happens to that imperial with the cape in this movie.