• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

and I want this movie to be so dark kids come out crying. :banana:

Careful, it might end up getting 35% on RT due to lack of humour and being too dark.

Too much killing is not allowed.

Is it just me or have any of you as you have gotten older really want the Empire to win or just gravitate more to the Darkside if you had the choice?

For example I hope Vader kills the entire ensemble cast of rebel characters.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Is it just me or have any of you as you have gotten older really want the Empire to win or just gravitate more to the Darkside if you had the choice?

For example I hope Vader kills the entire ensemble cast of rebel characters.

Yes, but not because I dislike the Rebels or want the Dark Side to prevail in the end. I want to see it happen to finally establish just how terrible a person Vader was, and to help retroactively contribute to the dire situation at the beginning of A New Hope.

Already more interesting then TFA.

+1

I am probably the only person on the boards who has not seen TFA yet. My kids did not want to go after their friends at school said TFA was lame/sucked. lol

This trailer looks better than the first TFA trailer.

It is interesting, but I think due to the wide variety of sci-fi/comic movie and TV offerings now, along with video games, that Star Wars, and especially Star Trek, have much less appeal than they did for my generation.

+1

I am probably the only person on the boards who has not seen TFA yet. My kids did not want to go after their friends at school said TFA was lame/sucked. lol

It is interesting, but I think due to the wide variety of sci-fi/comic movie and TV offerings now, along with video games, that Star Wars, and especially Star Trek, have much less appeal than they did for my generation.

Ryan, you couldn't be more wrong. There's a lot of love for a Star Wars amongst school kids. I see it first hand.

+1

Ryan, you couldn't be more wrong. There's a lot of love for a Star Wars amongst school kids. I see it first hand.

+1

my 11 year old son loved the movie and so did his friends.

+1

Sometimes kids don't know what is good for them till their parents take charge. :baiting:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

What are folks's thoughts on the re-shoots? Earlier this week it was reported that it would undergo a month of re-shoots to "lighten the tone." As of this morning, it's rumored to cover up to 40% of the movie!

I wrote a blog post with my thoughts on the matter here: http://bit.ly/24mbTyz

I just read your blog. One error on your part. Many Bothans died getting the plans for the second Death Star to destroy it in ROTJ, not the first for ANH.

Other than that, I would agree that most long time Star Wars fans would like to see a darker movie.

Edit: This story takes place just before ANH. These are the plans that Leia had and put into R2D2.

Edited by Catwomancomics