• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

Before Episode 4 right?

(shrug) Was just thinking, because the "dead Bothans" lady is in the teaser.

Mon Mothma? I don't think she is Bothan.

He means she is the one delivering the "many bothans died..." line.

Edited by zuckuss2003

Before Episode 4 right?

(shrug) Was just thinking, because the "dead Bothans" lady is in the teaser.

Mon Mothma? I don't think she is Bothan.

He means she is the one delivering the "many bothans died..." line.

Ah yes. Mon Mothma did say that in ROTJ and maybe that's why the confusion of when the story takes place.

I really hope all this talk of the movie sucking and 40% of it needing to be redone... well, I hope it ain't true, but if it is true, I hope the reshoots fix it. A few months ago they were talking about how they added more scenes with vader (who initially was only supposed to have a smaller part), and they described that as "saving" the movie... I don't like it when people refer to a movie as needing to be saved. I hope this movie isn't remembered as "the fourth prequel".

Screen Rant did a breakdown of the rumors about the reshoots. Sounds like there was plenty of exaggeration going on - like Suicide Squad. Because negative news sells!

ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story Reshoots Rumor Breakdown

WAS THERE A TEST SCREENING?

While the reshoots are indeed happening, claims of audience screenings were greatly exaggerated. It was later revealed that Disney had not held any test screenings, as was the case with The Force Awakens. In Lucasfilm’s account to EW (the closest to an official statement on the matter), word is only Lucasfilm employees and Disney head honchos Bob Iger and Alan Horn have seen the first edit, and odds are they are pleased so far. According to HitFix, the studio is interested in making a good film even better, so the Star Wars Story line is launched with a bang. A Disney source also told Page Six that the filmmakers were prepared for there to be reshoots.

HOW EXTENSIVE ARE THE RESHOOTS?

EW‘s Lucasfilm sources scoffed at the notion such a large portion of the movie was being reshot. They say the second wave of photography will last for about four to five weeks, wrapping shortly before Star Wars Celebration 2016 in July. Apparently, a majority of the content consists of inserts and talking in cockpits to compliment what was already filmed. The goal is for Edwards to lock in final picture in August and begin musical scoring sessions in September – ahead of the post-production process for Star Wars 7.

Our Take: With so many different reports floating around, it’s difficult to determine which one is more believable. That said, fans may want to put their faith in EW‘s write-up.

So, basically it's a re-hash to tell us that someone stole the plans to a DeathStar. That's fresh.

Nope- basically it's a new story about HOW the plans were stolen. We've never seen that and it is completely fresh.

True, but unless someone takes a blaster shot to the back of the head just before handing the plans over, we know the end result.

So, basically it's a re-hash to tell us that someone stole the plans to a DeathStar. That's fresh.

Nope- basically it's a new story about HOW the plans were stolen. We've never seen that and it is completely fresh.

True, but unless someone takes a blaster shot to the back of the head just before handing the plans over, we know the end result.

Ok...? They tell us right off the bat what is going to happen in Romeo and Juliet. It didn't stop people from reading it...

Or, I'm thinking Apollo 13.

Really good movie, but we all knew the ending going in.

I'm just saying, though -- I personally want to see this echo The Dirty Dozen, with everyone dying but the final one or two -- who sacrifice for the greater good.

We knew the end result to the prequels.

Edit: We knew Anakin would turn to the dark side by the end of Episode 3 and become Darth Vader and what happened in episodes 4,5,& 6

Just consider it a flash back story to fill in the gaps and give a more detailed backstory.

When the Han Solo movie comes out, I will be there to see HOW he gets the Millennium Falcon and becomes the space pirate/scoundrel we grew to love.

Edited by Catwomancomics

All of this is true, but 4,5,and 6 were fresh and full of creative freedom. Personally, I didn't want to know how Vader became Vader. They should have skipped the prequels and kept going after ROTJ. Not now, but when the original crew were younger. I just don't get the lack of vision in Hollywood anymore.

All of this is true, but 4,5,and 6 were fresh and full of creative freedom. Personally, I didn't want to know how Vader became Vader. They should have skipped the prequels and kept going after ROTJ. Not now, but when the original crew were younger. I just don't get the lack of vision in Hollywood anymore.

Well the lack of vision you're talking about occurred 30 years ago

Although you're right. 7-9 back then would have been way better. But I don't think Lucas had even begun to think about those stories yet, whereas he was already thinking 1-3 and it still took 15 years

Although you're right. 7-9 back then would have been way better. But I don't think Lucas had even begun to think about those stories yet, whereas he was already thinking 1-3 and it still took 15 years

Technology was not where it needed to be to do the large scale Lucas wanted. That's why he started in the middle of the story. The cost of costumes for a large scale army of clones etc. would have cost too much. He needed technology to catch up to his vision of what he wanted.