• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see those Completed Short Runs!
2 2

396 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BOOT said:

Please excuse these - too late for Gold, but here is another fun short run...1coolcat1.jpg.47d7ca7d4847a71714961b33af857793.jpg

1coolcat2.jpg.27558595325ee904cc1fc50affb90bd4.jpg

1coolcat3.jpg.eb1fe4cec2f45fb58bf916585c891251.jpg

Those are better than Cool! Never seen 'em before. 

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Thanks Sagii(thumbsu

Here's and odd one...

threedimension1.jpg

threedimension2.jpg

threedimension3.jpg

I just finished that run last month at ECCC!  Since you beat me to it, I'll just have to post a different St. John 3-D Short run:

(Yes, you could argue that it's just part of the run.  But these 2 issues are titled 3-D Comics, not Tor, so I'll still count it.)

Tor_01.jpg

Tor_02.jpg

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And some more:

3d_Space_Kat-ets.jpg

3D_Superman.jpg

IW_3D.jpg

The fun with a lot of the books being posted is the short runs and one shots are almost always 'out there' material.  Cool stuff Eric :applause:

This is such a fun thread! I'm between right now, though, as I recently shifted gears. I was half-way to the six issues of Boys Ranch, then decided that with the HC and an OA page I did not need the whole series. So I unloaded them to recycle the $$. I plan to finish off Yellow Claw (need 3 and 4) and might do Blazing and/or Roly Poly (14 looms large though!) If I bother and manage to finish any of these, I will post. Here's a cool one-shot for now.

image.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

And a complete three-issue run of Undercover Girl...

272378-001.jpg

266444-o004.jpg

272437-003.jpg

Nice sets Mr. Lady Luck. You usually see Starr in the 'Manhunt' run of covers posted (i'm guilty), not her solo run. :applause:

The "Tom Corbett Space Cadet" series had an interesting run.

Tom Corbett was on the radio (starting in Jan 1952) and TV (starting in Oct 1950).
Willy Ley was the technical advisor on the TV series.   Tom also appeared in comics and hardback books.

I've seen some of the TV series, and, hmmm, they're ... well, they're awful.  Right up there with Rocky Jones
and Captain Video.  But if you were 12-years old in the early 50s, these were great stuff.

There are 3 books in the Dell Four-color run, #378, #400, and #421.

Then Dell published an 8-book series, running from #4 (11/52 - 1/53) to #11.
That's the run I have.  Wonderful painted covers IMO.  All these are file copies, stamped with:

Return To:
    Editorial Department
    Western Printing & Litho Co
    Racine, Wisconsin

tom_corbett_small.thumb.jpg.01369720f6200b50caca303b61449f44.jpg