• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers # 1 and GS Xmen 1 on Pawn Stars and Star Wars Movie Props.

52 posts in this topic

That was just very strange.... why would he take classic comicbooks to Pawn Stars where they make their living giving lowball offers to people and where he walks out looking like the loser ("Your opinion means nothing") ???

???

A wild guess would be that a free trip to Vegas was involved. I also suspect they film several 'endings' so you don't know what will be shown.

Something to take away here, when discussing the grade on the Avengers, Paul mentioned the cream pages. I interpreted this to mean the Page quality directly affected the grade, as well it should.

Nope. There have been 9.8's with "cr-ow pages" on the label.

-J.

That was just very strange.... why would he take classic comicbooks to Pawn Stars where they make their living giving lowball offers to people and where he walks out looking like the loser ("Your opinion means nothing") ???

???

Classic or historic items don't just walk into that pawn shop. It's all planned ahead of time. I'd imagine Greg wanted to be part of the show and promote our hobby.

I enjoyed both episodes for the entertainment value and thought that it was cool to watch. I know the show is scripted but it was still fun to listen to Rick speculate on if the value of the comics would go up if the new Avengers movie was a hit.

The Star Wars episode was my favorite. The guy selling the stuff seemed closer to what a real collector would be like with his reactions and comments and not someone reading from a -script.

Here's a couple of clips from two of my favorite parts of both episodes.

Something to take away here, when discussing the grade on the Avengers, Paul mentioned the cream pages. I interpreted this to mean the Page quality directly affected the grade, as well it should.

-J.

You think that's bad...

9.8_Tan-Cream.jpg

-J.

You think that's bad...

9.8_Tan-Cream.jpg

That book was recalled.

-J.

You think that's bad...

9.8_Tan-Cream.jpg

That book was recalled.

lol But it is fun to bring it up.

Obviously scripted. It was cool and interesting to see though. I recognized Greg right away from just having talked to him at a con. I'm wondering how the "bit" came together. I'm betting a producer decided it was time to have some comics on the show that could relate to the current movie scene and found Greg somehow. The timing is just too coincidental.

Having been with Greg, kicking back and enjoying a cocktail while this episode aired, and watching his phone just blow up with texts and phone calls, I think it was a genius move of his part, and great for the hobby in general. Good job Greg.

Jim