• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is THE hottest book right now?

150 posts in this topic

Most of the time the hottest book "right now" is a temporary thing. At the moment I'd say the Star Wars Boba Fett AF variant or Batman 40. Give it a couple of weeks and that will change

Neither of those books can possibly be the hottest as they are both seeing lower prices on a daily basis.

The hottest book is a book that keeps selling consistently despite increases in asking prices from sellers.

This is what I meant when posting the thread.

What has caught fire, has even grown in demand, and still hasn't hit it's ceiling.

Divinity #1.

I'd vote for BA12 as well as NM98. Not only are those two books doing well, but practically every book Deadpool and Harley Quinn are in sells well - they are definitely the hottest characters if not the hottest books.

Most of the time the hottest book "right now" is a temporary thing. At the moment I'd say the Star Wars Boba Fett AF variant or Batman 40. Give it a couple of weeks and that will change

Neither of those books can possibly be the hottest as they are both seeing lower prices on a daily basis.

The hottest book is a book that keeps selling consistently despite increases in asking prices from sellers.

Boba is selling for $60-70. Seems higher, rather than lower.

Everyone is going to have their own definition of what "hot" means, but I'd say that it's a book that's consistently selling for about the original sales price on the aftermarket. Some combination of the quantity being sold and the percentage that they're going for is going to determine which are hotter, but that's not an exact science.

Most of the Boba Fett books were sold for $20 each, and while there were some higher prices a couple of weeks ago, that was mainly because not everyone had received their books yet. Now that they've shipped, prices have dipped a small amount, but they're still going for around triple the sales price. But this book probably is its own animal because of the distribution method.

Divinity #1 is now regularly selling at multiples of cover price. I expect that the price will hold, but I don't expect the volume of sales to keep up, since there's a pretty small print run, and the books will come off the market as they get into the hands of people who want them for collections. I don't think this book had a lot of pre-speculation, so there probably aren't a ton of them in the hands of people who bought to sell, the way some people have accumulated some Copper issues.

Batman #40 I expect to be a regular seller for over cover for quite some time; at least until it becomes clear what DC is going to look like after Convergence

Which is down from where it was before. And with an expected increase in supply coming to the market there is no reason for it to rise in the short term. Thus not in contention for the hottest book.

With Thor 8 coming out this week, the first appearance of whatever character is revealed to be Thor will be probably be the hottest book through the weekend. With Thor being just outside the top 10 in sales a monthly basis there will surely be an interest in obtaining her first appearance, especially since I don't think Thor is a title that sees an inflated print run due to collectors speculating on it.

If it is Roz Solomon then GoT 12 should see a sizable price increase as it has no variants, has a significant smaller print run than the current Thor series, and is not competing with another book in regards to a cameo or full appearance debate. Plus it is currently available for 15 to 20 bucks, slightly above what the market has been paying for the first issue of the current series, which had a print run 3x the size of GoT 12.

It's less than $80+ where it was last week. :gossip:

It's less than $80+ where it was last week. :gossip:

It's likely going to settle into the $50-60 range very shortly, if it hasn't already.

Batman Adventures 12 and New Mutants 98 have my vote as a tie for THE hottest book of the moment.

Such welcome sarcasm

This is a new old thread asking the same question.....again.

Then don't click on it. Simple.

Sometimes I just like to have fun, comic book discussions.

I don't know why a select few always want to be negative. If people enjoy talking about comics, what's the harm...?

SS is too confusing.

This week it is SS 44. Last week it was SS (Suicide Squad) 48.

I agree because somebody paid a lot for this. I'm guessing they only glossed over the SS and straight to ebay. (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUICIDE-SQUAD-1987-Series-44-Near-Mint-Comics-Book-/281675048141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41952424cd

SS is too confusing.

This week it is SS 44. Last week it was SS (Suicide Squad) 48.

I agree because somebody paid a lot for this. I'm guessing they only glossed over the SS and straight to ebay. (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUICIDE-SQUAD-1987-Series-44-Near-Mint-Comics-Book-/281675048141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41952424cd

People don't know what they're buying. Bubble.

Such unneeded sarcasm

Yeah, this is meant for a fun, enjoyable conversation.

I'm not interested in speculation/flipping.

Just think it is an interesting conversation. Some characters have really grown in popularity in the last few years that were once B and even C tier characters.

10 years ago, would would have believed Harley and Deadpool would be everywhere.

I do like Spider-Gwen's future popularity. I will try and find the article (I think it was on CBR), but it stated Marvel has big, big plans for her post Secret Wars.

Authority's Ms Marvel #1 / Captain Marvel #17 (2nd print) pick are also books that I believe will not be slowing down anytime soon.

IMO there is no way Spider-Gwen lasts... Anyone have sales on her book?

Fad character that'll go away soon...

Such unneeded sarcasm

Yeah, this is meant for a fun, enjoyable conversation.

I'm not interested in speculation/flipping.

Just think it is an interesting conversation. Some characters have really grown in popularity in the last few years that were once B and even C tier characters.

10 years ago, would would have believed Harley and Deadpool would be everywhere.

I do like Spider-Gwen's future popularity. I will try and find the article (I think it was on CBR), but it stated Marvel has big, big plans for her post Secret Wars.

Authority's Ms Marvel #1 / Captain Marvel #17 (2nd print) pick are also books that I believe will not be slowing down anytime soon.

IMO there is no way Spider-Gwen lasts... Anyone have sales on her book?

Fad character that'll go away soon...

Issue #2 sales were over 107,000. I think she'll settle in slightly above or below Harley Quinn in sales. I think 65,000 to 70,000 sounds about right. I actually like the book but I've only read EoSv #2 and Spider-Gwen 1-3. I think she'll be around but who knows ?