• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

The New Mutants director Josh Boone says that Disney/Fox deal left the film 75% complete for a year.

The Disney acquisition of Fox had many casualties in termes of canceled projects. For a while it seemed like Josh Boone’s latest film, The New Mutants was going to be among those casualties until relatively recently. The film was constantly pushed back, subjected to delays in its planned reshoots until work eventually resumed. But, as it turned out, the majority of the film had been finished for quite some time.

During a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, The New Mutants director Josh Boone revealed that the Disney/Fox deal had caused the film to be left on the shelf for roughly a year before he was allowed to come back to it. The time away, however, seemed to help as he and his co-writer Knate Lee thought up additional things to do that they hadn’t a year earlier:

"In the editing, we were probably 75 percent done. We came back and finished it up. It took a couple months, and it was nice to be able to come back. Knate [Lee], my co-writer, and I, we hadn’t seen it in a year. We did a bunch of things here and there that we hadn’t thought about or noticed a year before."

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I’m not a hater, and this looks somewhat promising, but does that last shot of Magik look like bad cgi to anyone else?

A5762940-19FA-4EF4-9EC9-3D78FC57AE4D.thumb.png.decde4c07bc9a5454505b41f4942709a.png

Does it, though? To me it is Illyana phasing over to her sorceress powers which in itself looks otherworldly. But that's just my opinion.

Magik-New-Mutants.jpg

5 minutes ago, paperheart said:

percentage chance of going straight to Disney+: 66.6

At this point, we are more likely to see the Snyder Cut than this movie.

New Mutants is now trending nationally on Twitter because it was supposed to open today.

And among all of Disney's new shuffling announcements today, it *still* doesn't have a new release date.

Personally, I'd embrace its horror aspects and move it to Friday the 13th of November, 2020.

37 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

New Mutants is now trending nationally on Twitter because it was supposed to open today.

And among all of Disney's new shuffling announcements today, it *still* doesn't have a new release date.

Personally, I'd embrace its horror aspects and move it to Friday the 13th of November, 2020.

surprised they tossed Artemis Fowl onto Disney+ and not this? they both seemed to have about the same BO prospects

Just when everyone thought The New Mutants was finally coming out, fate provided another cruel twist: in the wake of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, the much-delayed final X-Men movie has once again been pushed back. But when it does finally arrive, it’s set to go where few other mainstream comic book movies have – not just in dishing up a super-powered horror flick, but with a bunch of misfit characters providing crucial representation. As well as featuring a prominent LGBT storyline, young mutant Danielle Moonstar, aka Mirage, is a Native American character played by Blu Hunt, an actor of Native American origin.

“I’m an indigenous superhero,” Hunt tells Empire with a grin, saying it’s “an honour” to play the role. “I’m not just in the background, to please people. I’m carrying the movie.” As Mirage, she has the power to create illusions – which proves hellish when the ‘Demon Bear’ that haunts her nightmares becomes more than just a figure in her dreams. “It was overwhelming,” says Hunt of seeing the finished film earlier this year. “I never thought I’d see myself in a movie, and the first shot is of my face! I was shaking in the theatre, but Maisie [Williams] grabbed me, like, ‘You’re good! It’s good!’”

new-mutants-excl.thumb.jpg.5432f30804e16c1ee40474fd5ce71ed2.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

Dear God - just release it already.  Way better movies have been released early due to the shut down of the theaters.  This movie better be Oscar worthy for all the hype and delays.