• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Yup, and similarly, if Metro didn't know Steve was just kidding about all those mean things he said about them, they know now! smile.gif

Like brothers, we are boo.gif

Not much to say about the Church A-Man 22 except hail.gif. With the gal giving everyone a crotch shot, some interesting plot twists can be formulated.

Chris 'Heroes&Dragons' Foss had the Larson AM 22 some years back but was asking $10k, which was too rich for my blood. What did it go for, like $6k?

STEVE

Yup, and similarly, if Metro didn't know Steve was just kidding about all those mean things he said about them, they know now! smile.gif

Not much to say about the Church A-Man 22 except hail.gif. With the gal giving everyone a crotch shot, some interesting plot twists can be formulated.

Chris 'Heroes&Dragons' Foss had the Larson AM 22 some years back but was asking $10k, which was too rich for my blood. What did it go for, like $6k?

STEVE

Was it the #22? I don't remember seeing it. How did grade?

S

STEVE

S

The book was at San Diego (you weren't there) in years past - VF/NM if I recall correctly. Now that I think about it, maybe it was that Church copy after all. Knowing the price tag, I didn't look too carefully lest I lust uncontrollably for it.

I'll have to check the Larson list when I get home (unless someone has it handy) to see if an AM 22 is even listed...

STEVE

How common or uncommon is that AM22?

BH, not being a comic book dealer and relying on my experience only, I'd say AM22 is scarce. I suspect it's one of those books (like Fantastic 3) that is hoarded and just doesn't appear on the marketplace all that often.

I used to own a VG+ and a buddy of mine has a Good (that he got from Metro). Other than Berk and CentaurMan, I don't know of any other collectors who have one (but I'm sure they're out there, come out come out wherever you are!).

STEVE

STEVE

S

The book was at San Diego (you weren't there) in years past - VF/NM if I recall correctly. Now that I think about it, maybe it was that Church copy after all. Knowing the price tag, I didn't look too carefully lest I lust uncontrollably for it.

I'll have to check the Larson list when I get home (unless someone has it handy) to see if an AM 22 is even listed...

STEVE

It definitely was not the Church copy.

S

S

STEVE

It definitely was not the Church copy.

S

Then is was the Larson, just as I recalled - nice to know my mind isn't slipping completely yet.

Now what were we talking about?

STEVE

Thar she blows! (good job, BH). VF/NM with white pages I do recall.

I presume Chris did not get his $10k asking price and the book went to the block. I'd pay $6k at the drop of a hat for it (after all, I paid 4x condition Guide for the KDF 22 and Stephen just got better than 4x Guide for the AMF 2/5).

These are some pretty special books...

STEVE

BH, not being a comic book dealer and relying on my experience only, I'd say AM22 is scarce. I suspect it's one of those books (like Fantastic 3) that is hoarded and just doesn't appear on the marketplace all that often.

I used to own a VG+ and a buddy of mine has a Good (that he got from Metro). Other than Berk and CentaurMan, I don't know of any other collectors who have one (but I'm sure they're out there, come out come out wherever you are!).

STEVE

Hi ,Steve, I own a Amazing Man # 22 that I bought off of Harley some years ago , got lucky . he said it was scarce also . I also have a AMF Vol. 2 # 5 that I bought off of Ted van Liew . Great , Great books!! thumbsup2.gif So I'm one of those collectors other then you guys that came out, wherever I am. wink.gif

AM 5 = 8

AM 6-8, 12, 13, 15, 19-24 = 6

AM 9, 25, 26 = 7

AM 10, 11, 14, 16-18 = 5

THIS IS FROM THE GERBER PHOTO GUIDE: A 1-3 COMICS ARE MORE COMMON THAN AVERAGE (AVERAGE IS 4) 5 IS LESS COMMON THAN AVERAGE, 6 IS UNCOMMON, 7 IS SCARCE, 8 IS RARE, 9 VERY RARE AND 10 EXTREMELY RARE.

LESS THAN AVERAGE: 200 TO 1000 EXIST

UNCOMMON: 50 TO 200 EXIST

SCARCE: 21 TO 50 EXIST

RARE: 11 TO 20

VERY RARE: 6-10

A '10' IS FOR BOOKS WHERE THERE ARE 5 OR LESS KNOWN COPIES

*SO UH, TO FOLLOW THAT LOGIC UP, IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THE 50 LEFT AND YOURS IS A 9.4 THEN IN FACT YOU HAVE BECOME GOD AND NO LONGER NEED TO PAY YOUR TAXES.

Edited by mdandy8

Hi ,Steve, I own a Amazing Man # 22 that I bought off of Harley some years ago , got lucky . he said it was scarce also . I also have a AMF Vol. 2 # 5 that I bought off of Ted van Liew . Great , Great books!! thumbsup2.gif So I'm one of those collectors other then you guys that came out, wherever I am. wink.gif

Good for you, Ray! Do you have scans, perchance?

Personally, I believe A-Man 26 is "rarer" than A-Man 5, and is perhaps the toughest book to find in the run. Yet another sad story, I used to have an F/VF copy (with nice paper) but traded it away...which deserves a big foreheadslap.gif

STEVE

Good for you, Ray! Do you have scans, perchance?

Personally, I believe A-Man 26 is "rarer" than A-Man 5, and is perhaps the toughest book to find in the run. Yet another sad story, I used to have an F/VF copy (with nice paper) but traded it away...which deserves a big foreheadslap.gif

STEVE

At least you owned one once. Let's face it, these things were meant to be passed on and shared. They're decaying paper, ephemera, childhood memories with a big chunk of history wrapped around it. Life's too short for that kind of regret and from what I've seen so far, you're doing just fine with your collection. Be happy!

Speaking of how great Metro is, here's the book Stephen posted a few pages back:

amazing-man22.jpg

You know what's cooler than Nazi gorilla monsters? Nothing.

You are so right!!! hail.gifhail.gif

STEVE

I sold that AMF v2#5 to Ted Van Liew.

S

Speaking of how great Metro is, here's the book Stephen posted a few pages back:

amazing-man22.jpg

You know what's cooler than Nazi gorilla monsters? Nothing.

But it's puzzling!

Is that some kind of radioactive glow from the main green Nazi gorilla's gut, or a yellow and red halo around AM? And even odder, is that the main green Nazi gorilla's right leg in the foreground center? The beaver-shooting (to the delight of the Nazi officer and the assistant green Nazi gorilla on the right) woman has her leg behind it, yet AM is somehow in front of it while behind the main green Nazi gorilla's left leg, managing to punch his nether regions at the same time. The strange perspective is giving me a headache!

Jack