• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Is there any bug that you haven't been bitten by? poke2.gif

Seriously, KDF is a great series. 893applaud-thumb.gif

yes; he awaits being bitten by the bug that gives one good taste in selecting a college athletic team to root for.

hello all...

I have really fallen for the KDF...only been able to pick these 3 up so far, but they are neat!

rick

here's my only Centaur; but being the completionist i am, i'm dying for man of war 2!

manwar.jpg

yes; he awaits being bitten by the bug that gives one good taste in selecting a college athletic team to root for.

who is going to the Elite 8 from the SEC...hmmm...Tenn?...nope....Vandy?...nope....LSU? ...who?...oh yeah! dem Gators!

"gator" rick

hello all...

I have really fallen for the KDF...only been able to pick these 3 up so far, but they are neat!

rick

here's my only Centaur; but being the completionist i am, i'm dying for man of war 2!

I've never heard of this title. confused.gif

hello all...

rick

I've never heard of this title. confused.gif

ain't but two of them, and the prevailing wisdom is that the #2 is the last of all centaurs. i'm not an expert on this, tho'. Win? Steve?

Face front you comicbook geeks and Centaur afficionados!......As you may know, i do collect comicbook art and have tried to obtain GA recreations.....well take a gander!!!! It ain't Everett, but I am absolutely delighted. jon

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

WOW

Martin Filchock, age 95, has not lost a step. Although not well known, he did a variety of humor covers for Centaur. Again, one of the pioneers from the dawn of this art form..

great piece JB

rick

Face front you comicbook geeks and Centaur afficionados!......As you may know, i do collect comicbook art and have tried to obtain GA recreations.....well take a gander!!!! It ain't Everett, but I am absolutely delighted. jon

Jon,

This is the first time I have looked through your gallery of cover recreations and they are awesome! But they bring to mind something maybe you can answer for me. In the late 70's C.C. Beck did a number of beautiful cover recreations. Burrel Rowe had a few of these that I got to see when I was working for him at Camelot ('77-'81). One in particular was a recreation of Captain Marvel 32. As you may remember that is the cover where a bunch of mole people are pulling Cap down a hole. This was a fully finished (maybe acryllic) piece on heavy art board, framed and hanging in Burrel's office. The only thing was Captain Marvel was painted completely nude. About the funniest thing I ever saw. Wondering if anyone knows where that painting is these days?

Jon,

This is the first time I have looked through your gallery of cover recreations and they are awesome! But they bring to mind something maybe you can answer for me. In the late 70's C.C. Beck did a number of beautiful cover recreations. Burrel Rowe had a few of these that I got to see when I was working for him at Camelot ('77-'81). One in particular was a recreation of Captain Marvel 32. As you may remember that is the cover where a bunch of mole people are pulling Cap down a hole. This was a fully finished (maybe acryllic) piece on heavy art board, framed and hanging in Burrel's office. The only thing was Captain Marvel was painted completely nude. About the funniest thing I ever saw. Wondering if anyone knows where that painting is these days?

I have apparently "overlooked" that one....jb

Outstanding, Jon! I read Martin's interview in a recent Alter Ego issue and was pleasantly surprised to find we had someone around from the early Centaur days and who was able to share some of that history with us.

hello all...

rick

manwar.jpg

here is one

1716658-manofwar2.jpg

outstanding examples from both of you!

thanks for sharing

rick

The Ferret! foreheadslap.gif

I had to look at that cover three times to make sure it was real. It honestly looked like something colored by a First Grader and definitely not in the tradition of Everett, Gustavson, etc.

It the pencil-color type crayons methinks. But I think that's part of the charm. Those covers look like something you could have sat down and stayed up late drawing yourself back when you were 17 smile.gif They do look almost homemade.

After having both the Church and Larson copies slip through my fingers over the years, I'm glad to finally get a replacement on A-Man 8 (which happens to be Jon Berk's former copy, so I'm told).

I had forgotten just how good this book was on the inside...

100_1772.jpg

STEVE

After having both the Church and Larson copies slip through my fingers over the years, I'm glad to finally get a replacement on A-Man 8 (which happens to be Jon Berk's former copy, so I'm told).

100_1772.jpg

STEVE

Everett cover and art -- hard to beat that! 893applaud-thumb.gif

100_1772.jpg

STEVE

Nice copy Steve!! And congrats on the bargain price too... a great deal on a fantastic GA book.