• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Beautiful Centaur's, Fuelman!! It makes me wish I could have made it to the con... I've never been to one before, and the ability to see that many GA books under one roof makes it really tempting (not to mention the social aspect of it!). The AMF #1 looks really nice!! Never had much appreciation for the ARROW series covers, but seeing nice scans of them makes me think differently. Thanks for posting, and happy reading!

Seems to be alot of nice material available right now, with the con's and the auctions happening this summer! Anyone else strike Centaur gold lately?? I've got my eye on a few auctions...

Ok, total change of pace (and maybe one that won't be appreciated wink.gif ). Here are the first three issues of Star Ranger, all oversize. Some pretty mifty stories in here, but obviously to appreciate them it helps to like Westerns.

starranger1.jpg

starranger2.jpg

starranger3.jpg

Win , excellent . Keep posting , This is stuff you never see or hardly at all.

I never get tired of seeing your collection . I love this early era of comics esp. the 30's to the early 40's . Those comics are true Gold!! cloud9.gif

I try and I try, but I can't come close to Mr. Berk. I'm missing 4 issues of Keen Detective Funnies and those are two of them. The bottom one in particular I've never seen even in a private collection before, much less for sale.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I try and I try, but I can't come close to Mr. Berk. I'm missing 4 issues of Keen Detective Funnies and those are two of them. The bottom one in particular I've never seen even in a private collection before, much less for sale.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Please call me "Jon"....we are kindred spirits, afterall, on "Centaurs"...

Here are a couple, in my opionion, tough Centaurs to locate 1328689-kdf9.jpg1328689-kdf10.jpg

Tough!! frustrated.gifYour not kidding. I've never seen those books ever for sale myself, like Win. But patience is the Key for me ,sooner or later...I Hope!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Awesome books Jon as always. BTW do you know who the cover artist were on those 2 books ? Gill Fox did the 1st Keen Detective cover "# 8" The perspective on that one is odd to say the least . Could you or Centaurman post that one if you get a chance if you haven't already. Seeing these books in the Gerbers are one thing ,seeing nice scans are even better. cloud9.gif

Here's the first issue:

keendetective1.jpg

I just picked up a much nicer copy of this one, but I don't have it scanned yet. As such, though, this one is available in trade for anyone looking for a complete beater copy.

Here's the first issue:

keendetective1.jpg

I just picked up a much nicer copy of this one, but I don't have it scanned yet. As such, though, this one is available in trade for anyone looking for a complete beater copy.

Cover artists for this book is non-other than Gill Fox

news.gif

With the recent arrival of this book to Chez CentaurMan, I just may yet complete my collection:

keenkomics1.jpg

Gerber no-show, rare as hen's teeth. Now all I need is a Keen Komics #2 to finish the 3 issue run. PM me if you'd like 8x guide for your copy. wink.gif

Could this be the same artist? I've wondered for a long time who drew this bizarre, stiff cover.

1115439-witty.jpg

Do any of you Centaur collectors have the two issues of C-M-O (Chicago Mail Order) to post?

Jack

Ok, now the cover of my other copy has been scanned:

keendetective1-1.jpg

Much better.

Do any of you Centaur collectors have the two issues of C-M-O (Chicago Mail Order) to post?

Jack

Funny you should ask, I just scanned it today at october's house. Here's C-M-O #2:

cmocomics.jpg

We're going to need Jon or someone else to show us #1; I don't have it.

YOW! I didn't realize that I was so forceful!

Thanks!!

Can you make $1000 appear in my wallet that fast?

Interesting cover and nice copy. Scarce?

No clue on the mysterious artist(s) with the stiff poses? Did Centaur have their own "stable" or buy from shops?

Jack

Jack

Funny you should ask, I just scanned it today at october's house. Here's C-M-O #2:

cmocomics.jpg

We're going to need Jon or someone else to show us #1; I don't have it.