• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Finished this short Centaur run recently - low graders but a fun title. That's one powerful magnet he's using on the cover of #1. He seems to have upgraded by the cover of #3 with some higher tech. He did like his gadgets.

77c68a64.jpg

837ecaed.jpg

55f3a2d4.jpg

Very cool, Jeff! :applause:

Finished this short Centaur run recently - low graders but a fun title. That's one powerful magnet he's using on the cover of #1. He seems to have upgraded by the cover of #3 with some higher tech. He did like his gadgets.

77c68a64.jpg

837ecaed.jpg

55f3a2d4.jpg

Very cool, Jeff! :applause:

Nice Jeff - I still need a pedigree #3 myself (if one exists) - I have the Larson #1 and Cosmic Aeroplane #2.

This de-slabbed CGC 8.0 replaced the Church copy which I moved to MrBedrock several years ago. It remains one of my fav's...

000_0149-2.jpg

One of my favorite AMF covers - it's the only Morey comic cover I'm aware of!

And as usual, nothing gets past you (WPS #2)!

Wow....I haven't been on this thread in a while...and I see a lot of nice Centaurs for the first time... :applause:

Very nice AMF 2/10 Steve. :cloud9:

Picked up a book from Rick ("G.A.tor") today. :whee:

I'm very pleased with the purchase, I think Rick is now my fav dealer...you always know what you're getting. :headbang:

I thought I would post it here because this thread has been dormant for a while, and with all the "Billy Wright" fever going on, this is still the thread to post your Centaurs gentlemen. :baiting:

kdf27cgc50gatorcopy.jpg

Swell copy Joe!! Great PQ a well. Something about this cover I always loved... the strong greens, and first app of the Masked Marvel to boot.

If you crack it, the MM story has some really cool sequences... he's flying at a high altitude, and he starts popping pills ... it might have a underlying meaning... hm

I'm very pleased with the purchase, I think Rick is now my fav dealer...you always know what you're getting. :headbang:

I thought I would post it here because this thread has been dormant for a while, and with all the "Billy Wright" fever going on, this is still the thread to post your Centaurs gentlemen. :baiting:

kdf27cgc50gatorcopy.jpg

Way to go, Joe! I was sorely tempted to pick up that particular copy as a dupe, but glad you were able to score it.

:headbang:

kdf27cgc50gatorcopy.jpg

Way to go, Joe! I was sorely tempted to pick up that particular copy as a dupe, but glad you were able to score it.

:headbang:

Thanks Steve!!! :headbang: I'm glad you didn't take it... :)

If you want another, I think Metro still has that 6.5 on their website... :baiting::devil:

:foryou:

$58.65 (and I probably thought I overpaid)

Star%2520Ranger%2520Nov%25201937%2520a.jpg

Star Ranger books have a special place in my heart. <3

The 1st Centaur I ever bought was Star Ranger #2.

I'd say going by the recent prices, you made out like a bandit.... (thumbs u

Great book!!!

But let us keep it in publishing prospective. Star Ranger is a Chelser which became Centaur books in those dated March 1938 started. Centaur was the buying out of McMahon-Cook books to Ulman and Temerson ("Ultem") and Chesler which morphed to "Centaur" which continued titles and created some several new titles.

Face it---Like no other company, there is something "mystical" about the "Centaur" family of books! jb