• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Wow, the more I come to appreciate GA comics, the more I come to appreciate how truly cool, and hard to find some of these Centaur books are. Whats most interesting is that some of them (not the ones you have posted) are much more common, whereas others come up once in five years. But I guess that can be said of many titles. Just seems that certain Centaur books did not have high circulation compared to other publishers.

(thumbs u

(Cross-posted from the Everett assist/Fantagraphics book thread...)

Blake also needs the Skyrocket Steele story from AMF 4 (the third published Everett story, gun in the crotch cover).

As we well know, it's a rare book - I do have a copy, but it's pretty nice, and Blake needs 300 dpi scans.

Hoping someone has a low grade or beater copy that they can scan for him... :wishluck:

Blake also needs the Skyrocket Steele story from AMF 4 (the third published Everett story, gun in the crotch cover).

As we well know, it's a rare book - I do have a copy, but it's pretty nice, and Blake needs 300 dpi scans.

Hoping someone has a low grade or beater copy that they can scan for him... :wishluck:

I have owned/sold 2 copies...one was restored (I will ask owner if he can scan)...and Win has the other copy I had (a nice 5.5, but I bet it is cracked)...

I think ryan h has a copy as well...

I have owned/sold 2 copies...one was restored (I will ask owner if he can scan)...and Win has the other copy I had (a nice 5.5, but I bet it is cracked)...

Hey Gator, I think Steve is referring to the UBER-elusive AMF V1/#4 (not v2/#4) ... other than Steve, I think only Win and Jon Berk have copies here on the boards, and they haven't been around in some time.

Hey Gator, I think Steve is referring to the UBER-elusive AMF V1/#4 (not v2/#4) ... other than Steve, I think only Win and Jon Berk have copies here on the boards, and they haven't been around in some time.

that would make sense...I believe win has 2 copies, one in a bound volume that would lend itself to scanning...maybe someone have the folks contact him (shrug)

there is also a coverless copy floating around that I had a while back, but not sure where it is now

mine is the church copy....if someone needs a straight scan, can do jpeg or tiff...

109964.jpg.56a97468907065e6b24876fa2943e1d2.jpg

mine is the church copy....if someone needs a straight scan, can do jpeg or tiff...

Hi Jon... killer copy!

Blake needs the Everett story (Skyrocket Steele) from that issue scanned... tiffs would be ideal if you are willing to scan your Church copy! :wishluck:

PM me if you can, I'll put you in touch with Blake. This is one of the last stories he needs for the Everett book.

Blake needs the Everett story (Skyrocket Steele) from that issue (AMF 1/4) scanned...

Done - I think Blake is all set for the first Everett volume.

Here's the splash from Everett's first story (AMF 1/2 - reprinted in AAF 1), then the one from AMF 1/4:

100_1171.jpg

AMF4PageOne.jpg

These are lesser seen from the Star Ranger run. Note each is the Larson copy; examples again as to why i got into larsons.....They were the only copies I would come across. Many of these were purchased directly from Joe T.

jb

110423.jpg.3f9617f7d6b1923e2e7a29b7ccb8d709.jpg

110424.jpg.eadc413f76d1a2319260e2b776612b5a.jpg

110425.jpg.ba5b92c93847881bbb61af2fd2693b61.jpg

distant, distant cousins once removed to Centaurs....giveaway with own features of Chicago Mail Order Co. produced by Comic Corporation of America---same company listed for the very, very last of "Centaur" books....

See Keltner reference work

LIBERTY SCOUTS COMICS

----- Note: No #1; #2 is the first issue. Comic Corporation of America

#2-3.

)

Total Pages 68 68 Year, 19-- 41

Date Jun Aug

The Liberty Scouts [orig.#2.] ..........................................................(16 15 )

Man of War [orig.#2.] ..................................................................(10 "Dopey" Danny Day ......................................................................( 8 Vapo-Man [orig.#2.] ....................................................................( 7 The Fire-Man [orig.#2.] ................................................................( 7 Lucky Lee ..............................................................................( 8 Steve Crawford, Undercover Man .........................................................( 6 The Sentinel ...............................................................................( Red Riley, of the Harbor Police ............................................................(

----- Note: See MAN OF WAR COMICS and LIBERTY GUARDS COMICS for similarities.

8 ) 8 ) 8 ) 7 )

8 ) 6 )

MAN OF WAR COMICS

Comic Corporation of America

#1-2.

The Liberty Scouts .....................................................................(14 Man of War .............................................................................(10 10 )

"Dopey" Danny Day ......................................................................( 8 The Fire-Man ...........................................................................( 8 Vapo-Man ...............................................................................( 7 The Sentinel ...........................................................................( 7 Red Riley, of the Harbor Police ........................................................( 6 Dave Doolittle, the Dizzy Detective ....................................................( 2 The Ferret .................................................................................(

----- Note: See LIBERTY SCOUTS COMICS and LIBERTY GUARDS COMICS for similarities.

8 )

8 ) 7 ) 7 ) 6 ) 5 ) 2 ) 8 )

Centaur 76

Total Pages 68 68 68 68 68 Year, 19-- 41

Date May Jul Sep Nov Dec

No. 2 3

9 8 8 9 8 7 7 7 7

/

No. 2

Total Pages 68 68 Year, 19-- 41 42

Date Nov Jan

No. 1

8 )

) )

LIBERTY GUARDS COMICS

Chicago Mail Order Company

(No Number)

The Liberty Guards .........................................................................(14 ) Man of War .................................................................................(10 ) "Dopey" Danny Day ..........................................................................( 8 ) The Fire-Man ...............................................................................( 8 ) Vapo-Man ...................................................................................( 7 ) The Sentinel ...............................................................................( 7 ) Red Riley, of the Harbor Police ............................................................( 6 ) Dave Doolittle, the Dizzy Detective ........................................................( 2 )

----- Note: This issue was intended to be the third issue (#4) of LIBERTY SCOUTS COMICS, but the Boy Scouts of America Corporation forced a name change. The front cover was reprinted from LIBERTY SCOUTS COMICS #2. Contents are a complete reprint of MAN OF WAR COMICS #1.

----- Note: See LIBERTY SCOUTS COMICS and MAN OF WAR COMICS for similarities. C-M-O COMICS #1-2.

Published for the Chicago Mail Order Co. by the Comic Corporation of America.

Jack and Judy Alden [1] ................(12 11 )

Jack and Judy Alden [2] ................( 8 "Star Spangles" Branner ................(10 The Invisible Terror ...................( 8 The Gaucho .............................( 8 Super Ann [young aspiring actress] .....( 6 Ed Smith ...............................( 4

)

)

8 ) 8 ) 7 ) 6 ) 4 )

"Plymo" the

----- Note:

Rubber Man .................( 7

Centaur

Total Pages 68 52 Year, 19-- 42 42

Date --- ---

Each page featured goods sold through the mail by the CMO. These are drawn into the story, and pointed out in the one panel of advertising allotted per page. This was a complimentary give- away comic. There were no pages devot- ed to advertising, except those exclu- sively for CMO.

110430.jpg.64a62245ff7da53b802886368d3b8f26.jpg

110431.jpg.0b7c1851cbb35c7c9da0398295e954ee.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox