• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Yup, cool book - I used to own the Larson and foolishly parted with it long ago.

Nowadays I go for lower-grade or restored first issues, so your copy would be perfect... maybe one day. :wishluck:

Congrat's again, Josh. :headbang:

Larson, CGC 7.0 Church 7.0

RHG the highest grade, extant!!! 9.2 (he don't even know it, he so cute)

B

pretty sure I sold the Larson copy to someone here on the boards...xavier logan maybe (shrug)

Last I checked, Bedrock had it for sale on CL, did I miss the sale to someone?

B

Yup, cool book - I used to own the Larson and foolishly parted with it long ago.

Nowadays I go for lower-grade or restored first issues, so your copy would be perfect... maybe one day. :wishluck:

B

pretty sure I sold the Larson copy to someone here on the boards...xavier logan maybe (shrug)

B

maybe he got it in a trade from xavier logan (thumbs u

Finally acquired one of my favorite Centaurs - and I love store stamps

IMG_0003.jpg

Everett's first published work. :applause:

Josh, if you ever get tired of that copy or upgrade and the paper is nice on this book, :takeit:!!

Paper is beautiful off-white!! Everett's lines were so sharp, and the simplicity of this cover epitomize's what I love about early golden age.

Ditto, 30's Art Deco, meets Flash Gordon, Love it !!!!

and that is why this one does it for me....

110884.jpg.060d315a34e945f61c0456b1787cab3f.jpg

Finally acquired one of my favorite Centaurs - and I love store stamps

IMG_0003.jpg

Everett's first published work. :applause:

Josh, if you ever get tired of that copy or upgrade and the paper is nice on this book, :takeit:!!

Paper is beautiful off-white!! Everett's lines were so sharp, and the simplicity of this cover epitomize's what I love about early golden age.

Ditto, 30's Art Deco, meets Flash Gordon, Love it !!!!

and that is why this one does it for me....

Awesome!!!

B

B

I still have that damn boat anchor....

B

B

:o

B

B

:o
doh!

This is not a "flashy" cover from Everett but, over time, it has become one of my favorites of his. There is something very appealing about the poster-style design that employed.

110884.jpg

Almost a month without a new post, so lets get this thread smokin again!!

Fresh out of its tomb! white pages that smell like mountain high air,

(that spot above the N is the scan not the book) doh!

05-26-2011070057PM.jpg

Always liked this cover - nice bright colors :applause:

One of Edgar's old copies?

05-26-2011070057PM.jpg

Though issue and a nice example of it too. :applause:

05-26-2011070057PM.jpg

Incredible book !! Awesome cover, very subtle "quiet" (worship) and the Church also..

That happens to be one of my faves in my collection. Great, great artwork inside also. :cloud9:

:bump:

Wow, it's been awhile since we've had a post in this long-running Centaur thread!

Anyways, I was flipping through the new OS guide and noticed that Funny Picture Stories #7 has been broken out in the guide from its surrounding issues. I actually went back to last year's guide and it seem that this was when the breakout was done. I am always way behind the times! lol

Does any of the Centaur experts here know anything about this book besides the fact that it has a racial humour theme cover? Is it really a tough book to find since Overstreet is now denoting it as a "rare" book in the price guide?

I am totally shocked at the price movement on this book as it has really shot up the Centaur charts in a short period of time. The 2010 guide showed a 60% increase from $1,250 up to $2,000 when it was broken out. This has now been followed up by a further 40% price increase from $2,000 up to $2,800. This amounts to an overall price increase of 124% over a short 2-year time period. :o

Is there another Centaur book or even any other GA to show this type of increase in guide price during this same time period? The only one that I can think of is 'Tec #27 which is also over 100%, but this had some highly publicized solid sales behind it.

Anybody aware of any documented sales for this Funny Picture Stories or is this another relatively unknown (keep quiet until I get one) and impossible Centaur book that would blow the price guide out of the water similar to Amazing Man #26 which is only denoted as "scarce" in the guide? hm

Edited by lou_fine