• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

A Funny Pages 39, CGC 4.5 PLOD with C/OW pages, just closed in the Heritage weekly auction at $507.88 (w/premium).

Very scarce book, and the slight resto didn't seem to hurt the bidding process...

STEVE

Edited by sacentaur

A Funny Pages 39, CGC 4.5 PLOD with C/OW pages, just closed in the Heritage weekly auction at $507.88 (w/premium).

Very scarce book, and the slight resto didn't seem to hurt the bidding process...

STEVE

I bid that book hard, and was the underbidder. I was surprised it went for that kind of dough.

This is the only Centaur I obtained at the SD Con (from Al at Basement Comics, who gave me a great price), though there were some others to be had (I know FUELMAN had some good scores). Has a long vertical, non-color breaking fold but o/w pretty nice. Listed as a Gerber 8...

100_2269.jpg

OK OK... did anyone from the boards win this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220136224641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

Super tough A-MAN comic , #22, with nazi-gorilla cover. I put in a ridiculous bid, and still lost.

What a fantastic book... the fact that I have some Centaur's coming from Heritage softens the blow a bit, but it is up there in my top 5 want list.

I was watching that AMAN #22 also. I can't believe it went for as much as it did. I was thinking about bidding around $500.00 for it when it was first put up about a week ago, just waiting until the last minute. Man was I wrong on this one!!!! I've bought from this seller before and found him to be very fair on his grading.and he ships items very quickly. Great Seller!!!

That is a Amazing book, "cover!! "pun intended" It screams Golden Age. (worship)

I was lucky some years back I bought a VG- copy off of Harley in a AD ,It has off white pages.. He had just picked it up , I didn't hesitate calling him. If I remember right for $ 175.00.. Those days are gone . Couldn't belive the price it just commanded. :o It has always been a popular book when found. Definately scarce.

Kinda like AMF # 5 , Collectors that do have one don't want to let it go easily..

Can't blame them. .

Edited by PUNYHUMAN

That is a Amazing book, "cover!! "pun intended" It screams Golden Age. (worship)

I was lucky some years back I bought a VG- copy off of Harley in a AD ,It has off white pages.. He had just picked it up , I didn't hesitate calling him. If I remember right for $ 175.00.. Those days are gone . Couldn't belive the price it just commanded. :o It has always been a popular book when found. Definately scarce.

Kinda like AMF # 5 , Collectors that do have one don't want to let it go easily..

Can't blame them. .

Whoa, $175 !!! Maybe you should think about selling your copy and making a sweet markup... :baiting:

Seriously, I am still shocked by this sale. For a water-damaged copy! I could have never guessed the outcome. Obviously, I am not alone.

Centaur's are HOT!!