• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

213 posts in this topic

I think we'd all like to know who this person is who thinks he can return a 9.8 so we can all block him. His behavior based on what you've described is pretty ridiculous, immature, and unprofessional. No one needs that hassle.

+1

-slym

The more i think of it the more i think he should be outed. I would hate to deal with this person.think i would want to know.just tell them about this thread first and five them a chance to come here and explain first.

So what does paypal do if you don't have the money in your account?

Go to the bank acct that you have linked.

thats why to this day i dont have a bank acct linked to my paypal acct.just a credit card with a small amount avaliable.

I can hear a lot of boardies thinking damn I hope I don't step on this IED

I think we'd all like to know who this person is who thinks he can return a 9.8 so we can all block him. His behavior based on what you've described is pretty ridiculous, immature, and unprofessional. No one needs that hassle.

+1

-slym

+2

This book is clearly a 9.8,CGC gave it that designation. He knew what he was buying. Clearly looks like buyers remorse.

also I've never owned (and probably never will) a 9.8 giant size x-men but isn't the defect being described possible in that grade for a book like this (thicker book)?

+1

-slym

+2

This book is clearly a 9.8,CGC gave it that designation. He knew what he was buying. Clearly looks like buyers remorse.

Buyers remorse or no, I think the he should have the right to return the book. That being said, the way he's gone about doing so....is very questionable.

Which is why if he won't come in and defend his actions, he needs to be outed.

When did they change this? Last I knew they just put your PP account in the negative for the amount and if you wanted to use it again you had to add funds from your bank account yourself. They weren't allowed to just deduct finds from your bank account without your say-so.

Buyers remorse. Anybody ponying up that kind of cake for a squarebound knows the spines are tricky........even above 9.x.

Invite the returner on the forum to give his side of the story. If he declines, out him so nobody else gets put in the same situation.

When did they change this? Last I knew they just put your PP account in the negative for the amount and if you wanted to use it again you had to add funds from your bank account yourself. They weren't allowed to just deduct finds from your bank account without your say-so.

4bfa7cbfcc159ccae9969d6b1ab7692d65b2eb7e807052307c938f28c9e8439a.jpg

As it's never really been completely clarified:

If the slab is cracked...in any way....the buyer eats it. If it's cracked, and the buyer tries to return it, simply call Paypal....1-888-221-1161....and tell them that the item is NOT in the same condition you sent it in.

If the slab is fine, and no crack happened....take the book back, and get your money back from the owner of the book.

The buyer needs to eat the cost of the shipping (special instructions), and then that's all you need to do. Yes, it sucks, but forcing a purchase on anyone, even if it's buyer's remorse, never turns out well.

I recently cracked a 9.8 blue for a signing (not my book.) Before I opened the well (but after the slab was cracked), I noticed it had a 1/8" CB crease at the bottom of the spine, with a radiating scuff that had been pressed out but was still "scuffy" as scuffs are.

The book was never a 9.8 to begin with, but that's only my opinion. On the day it was in front of a CGC grader, it was THEIR opinion that it was, even if that same book were to show up and never, ever be graded a 9.8 ever again under any possible circumstances.

The point is, if I disagree with CGC, it doesn't matter, because the market is buying CGC's opinion...not mine. My opinion doesn't help me, so it shouldn't hurt me, either.

he didn't sign his post "Peace, Chip" so he's being serious :baiting:

After reading this thread, the one thing I know for sure is that I'll never get stuck being the middle man in a deal like this.

Sorry for your headaches, but I guess being the guy in the middle, you're the guy with ZERO safety net, especially if the original owner that you forked over the proceeds to doesn't want to play ball on the return........

Hang in there, hope it gets resolved.

Some people want to know who the facilitator is ...who doesn't want to deal with an SS guy who can spot a 9,7 still in the slab. :D

:jokealert:

Is it part of a facilitator's job description to offer opinions on grades? Especially on books already graded? I would think CGC may be interested in who this is.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ2361