• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Deadline's done that for a few years:

Most Profitable Blockbusters of 2014

- Includes The Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, TMNT, Big Hero Six and Amazing Spider-Man 2, with breakdowns.

- Includes Age of Ultron and Ant-Man

- Includes Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, & BvS

- Includes Last Jedi, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, & Thor Ragnarok.

(thumbsu

I'll check these out.

Thank you!

Edited by NewEnglandGothic

9 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Deadline's done that for a few years:

Most Profitable Blockbusters of 2014

- Includes The Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, TMNT, Big Hero Six and Amazing Spider-Man 2, with breakdowns.

- Includes Age of Ultron and Ant-Man

- Includes Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Rogue One, Doctor Strange, & BvS

- Includes Last Jedi, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, & Thor Ragnarok.

and when they get around to 2018, Aquaman will show a profit of $200MM+ (i already ran the numbers)

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Give or take.  (thumbsu Production + P & A= $350MM

China- $233M @ 25% BO= $58MM

North America- $189MM @ 50% BO= $95MM

Other Countries $329MM @ 40% BO= $132

Total Revenue To WB so Far= $285MM

Still about $65MM shy to profitability.

#stilldeepinthered

-J.

what accuracy, 2 of these 3 are wrong. :roflmao: that's an F with the answer sheet in front of you  #treasuresofatlantiscomingtotheWB

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Nothing "flawed" about it.  The splits to the studios I'm using are all known industry templates and the figures I used are all directly from box office mojo.

But thank you. :)

-J.

What is "flawed" is the fact you are not including anything up front for product placement and the % of production costs that were covered by investors, not WB. Without that, your numbers are incorrect and therefore flawed.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

What is "flawed" is the fact you are not including anything up front for product placement and the % of production costs that were covered by investors, not WB. Without that, your numbers are incorrect and therefore flawed.

If you have any of that information, please do share.  Otherwise you are assuming and speculating beyond what exists within the public domain.  (thumbsu

(And by the way, much of the time "product placement" does not involve the exchange of money, but rather a mutual exchange of "media value"- ie, we will flash a Sprite billboard in our movie, if you feature our main character on your soda cans).

-J.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

Can you prove the $150 million in marketing?

hm 

Basing it on published estimates by traditional industry reporters (thumbsu (as well as the rule of thumb that P & A are often near or as high as the actual production budget, particularly on a movie like this, as correctly pointed out earlier by lou fine).

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

Basing it on published estimates by traditional industry reporters (thumbsu (as well as the rule of thumb that P & A are often near or as high as the actual production budget, particularly on a movie like this, as correctly pointed out earlier by lou fine).

-J.

Excellent! Sources please!

On 12/30/2018 at 9:16 AM, Oddball said:

I still can’t get over the fact that grown men care whether a DC or Marvel movie is more successful than the other. I guess they also argue the PS vs Xbox and Android vs Apple topics.  Just enjoy what you enjoy and let others do the same and argue for a cause worth your time.  Not aimed at anyone.  

Tribalism at its finest.