• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

I don't know what's wrong with these modern cameras... They can only be operated by symbiosis and you always end up losing half your head. She looks like a cyclops. She needs one of those old fashioned cameras that we used to use back in the day. You know the ones I mean... the ones that can be operated by another person.

Edited by Batman

CinemaCon Day 2 Recap - Warner Bros AQUAMAN

Warner Bros. didn't hold back the goods and kickstarted their lengthy presentation with a DC Films sizzle reel, which was followed by the introduction of director James Wan and his Aquaman cast, which included Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.

While many were expecting a full-fledged trailer, Wan instead did us one better and showed off an unfinished extended sizzle reel with our first official look at the eagerly-awaited film. The footage begins with a flashback as we see Arthur Curry arrive in the mythical city of Atlantis for the very first time in his life, riding in on a sub with Mera. We're given several finished and unfinished shots of the city of Atlantis, which looks absolutely stunning and unlike anything we've seen from the DC Films universe thusfar. 

He's sort of welcomed by Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, who is sporting a very comic-accurate looking costume, with helmet and everything, and we quickly learn that he isn't all that pleased to see Arthur, seeing him only as a new challenger for the throne. (Side note: They don't need air bubbles to communicate.) The pair do battle in an underwater colosseum and while Orm is definitely the better warrior, it did look like Curry was more than able to hold his own against his half-brother. We don't see the whole fight, but we do catch a look at Orm removing his helmet and revealing a very blonde Patrick Wilson.

The trailer then cuts to the submarine sequence where a shirtless Arthur kicks a ton of . He's then seen talking to Mera, who teases a catastrophic event that only Arthur can prevent and if he doesn't, then billions could die. It then gets even more interesting as we see both Arthur and Mera travel all over the world, by land, including a stellar shot of them walking through massive sand dunes in an unnamed desert and a rooftop chase in what looked like Italy.

There's a lot of quick footage, including shots of Willem Dafoe's Vulko offering Arthur some guidance, a blink and you'll miss it shot of Nicole Kidman as Queen Atlanna, a savage-looking Black Manta who looks exactly like his comics counterpart, and a pre-viz look at an epic battle scene where we see one side ride into battle on sharks.

My biggest takeaway from the trailer was the film's scope, it's absolutely massive. Takes Arthur & Mera on a globe-trotting adventure that looks considerably better than anything we saw the King of Atlantis do in Justice League. Wan has gone above and beyond with crafting the world of Atlantis and it's completely understandable why he had been so reluctant to show anything until now. It may be a while before the trailer is made available to the public since a lot of the effects still need time to be completed, but trust me, it's well worth the wait.

Jason Momoa on How 'Aquaman' Tells an Origin Story

Entertainment Tonight recently got a chance to talk to Jason Momoa, who will reprise his role as Arthur Curry/Aquaman in the upcoming venture. While fans were first introduced to his somewhat-prickly persona in Justice League, Aquaman will apparently see him coming into his own.

"I think after Justice League, everyone got a pretty refreshing look at what Zack [Snyder] intended for Aquaman." Momoa explained. "He's a little grump and gruffy. Now, we get to know why he's that way. We're in the origin story, and we're going to find out why he wasn't loved in Atlantis and why he wasn't loved on the surface. Now he has something that's beautiful that can help the world...And it's someone bringing it out of you even though you don't think you have it."

Momoa echoed a similar sort of sentiment to ComicBook.com right before Justice League's release, hinting that Arthur's origins would take on a larger-than-life scale.

"Surpassing Justice League, this moment in time is his call to become king." Momoa told ComicBook.com last year. "The only thing that can save Atlantis is me fighting my own brother. There's a big battle, and there's an epic [fight]. It's also a big road movie, because we travel all over the world. It's got that Star Wars quality of gigantic ships and guys riding sharks. It's going to be this whole world you've never seen before. You're going to see him start as this guy who probably rides bikes, works on cars. You get to see him this one way as kind of a dirty, dark, drunkard, and then turn into this regal king."

After showing some brand new footage of the film at CinemaCon, Momoa spoke with MTV's Josh Horrowitz about Aquaman and how the solo film differs from Zack Snyder's Justice League.

"Justice League was like college. I'm not really sure what Aquaman was, it's just all on my shoulders. I had a great time," said Momoa. "I think in Justice League, you had five other characters around you suffering equally the same, so it was kind of fun to endure that . And then you know got me ready to do my solo movie which was challenging and tough and hard and super satisfying."

While the film will be firmly planted in the superhero genre, director James Wan said that he's taking more inspiration from classic adventure films.

"What inspired me were all the older, classic action-adventure films that [Steven] Spielberg used to do, actually. And I kind of try to draw from that mentality, the idea of 'awe' and 'wonderment' that we used to see in those kind of films," said Wan. "And I really wanted this movie to have that kind of magic heart, that wish fulfillment that we all have. What if we have the ability to just swim anywhere, right? Just hang out on a desert island in the middle of nowhere and just chill. And so I try to capture some of that spirit."

While it's not an official look, a reported LEGO minifig from an Aquaman set teases the character's appearance.

While it's tough to determine from the figure how the appearance will translate to the film, it teases that director James Wan aims to replicate the comic book character relatively authentically.

Edited by Bosco685

With just under seven months until DC's Aquaman movie hits theaters, the lack of a trailer, poster, or any promotional material whatsoever has fans a little concerned. While it may be bothersome that nothing from the film has been released yet, it sounds like the wait is all just part of the plan.

Over the weekend, a fan tweeted at Yahya Abdul-Mateen, who plays Black Manta in the film, asking him if he would reveal when the trailer is going to be releasing online. The actor quickly denied the request, claiming that even just hinting at the release date could ruin the plans that are in place.

At this point, there are a couple of solid options for the release of the first trailer over the next couple of months. Warner Bros. is releasing the Sandra Bullock-led Ocean's 8 in June, and the DC animated film Teen Titans GO! to the Movies at the end of July. There's also the idea that the first footage could debut at San Diego Comic Con in the middle of July.