• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Popped in to see how things were going. I'm not sure about the 'CGC' you mention ( :baiting: ).

Shut up.  Not even worth my time to go back and correct itlol.

You picked the wrong time to go on hiatus.  I can't keep up with all the trailers dropping from SDCC and have to research it myself.  So much for relying on you:baiting:.

8 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I will be going to see aqua-man movie ❤️‼️

Me too.  He's the most boring character in comics but in the JLA movie I wanted to know more about him, and what they are going to do with his back story.  He and Wonder Woman are really interesting characters in the movies.

I was somewhat excited after Justice League, and somewhat less enthused now.  Its probably gonna need an 80% RT to get me to see it at the theater, which I don't think its getting.

Cool stuff - Mera looks pretty pretty awesome actually (her hair has been very red in comics in the last few years), and Black Manta will probably be the best part.  I generally like James Wan stuff, he usually makes entertaining stuff with style.

Bad Stuff - Looks like its gonna be too much (non-perfected underwater) CGI, and the lighting was always going to be problem.  Its not clear that they've solved that issue.  Tonally, DCEU has only gotten it right one out of 5 times so far (WW, though MOS and SS weren't too far off), I'm not convinced they've got it right on this one either. 

On 7/21/2018 at 5:04 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Good:

- Looks like a lot of action

- I like the bright colors and humor

Bad:

- CGC was a bit off.  Hope they will clean it up (specifically the fish in the aquarium scene)

- The shark "roars"???

- "Underwater" communication and action is exactly like it would be on land...(shrug).  They didn't do anything special with it.

It felt like an extension of the Justice League trailer.  A lot of good potential.  Just not quite there yet.

I was looking forward to seeing what they did with underwater talking as well...thought I saw Wan teasing something unique some months back..?

7 hours ago, revat said:

I was somewhat excited after Justice League, and somewhat less enthused now.  Its probably gonna need an 80% RT to get me to see it at the theater, which I don't think its getting.

Cool stuff - Mera looks pretty pretty awesome actually (her hair has been very red in comics in the last few years), and Black Manta will probably be the best part.  I generally like James Wan stuff, he usually makes entertaining stuff with style.

Bad Stuff - Looks like its gonna be too much (non-perfected underwater) CGI, and the lighting was always going to be problem.  Its not clear that they've solved that issue.  Tonally, DCEU has only gotten it right one out of 5 times so far (WW, though MOS and SS weren't too far off), I'm not convinced they've got it right on this one either. 

All the underwater stuff reminded me of Finding Dory.

-J.

6 hours ago, paperheart said:

and down goes Alita; leaving BumbleBee and Mary Poppins to contend with

Honestly, both Mary Poppins and Bumblebee should beat Aquaman at the box office.

I would expect Mary Poppins to win of the three with Bumblebee edging out Aquaman.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur