• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

and # 108 (officially the last issue before the start of the Silver Age...........)

1109616778247_superman_012.jpg

Hot girl cops... cloud9.gif

Harry, that copy looks fantastic, looks less read than most of your other issues from the 50s. The corners are razor, the only major flaw I can see is a couple of spine stresses by one of the hot girl cops ( cloud9.gif). Have you considered slabbing it? A quick look at the census shows current highest graded copy is 8.0, this looks vastly superior unless the scan is masking defects or the back cover is messed up.

I'm a huge fan of the Kirby/Wood Challengers collaborations.

Shouldn't this one be noted as a Scarlet Witch prototype?? tongue.gif

Very cool cover, never seen it before!

do you own anything below a 9.0???

Slabbed? No. Raw? Tons. frown.gif

You own tons of comics? And they're raw? cloud9.gif

Edited by adamstrange

confused-smiley-013.gif I've been collecting since long before CGC was a gleam in Steve Borock's eye. Not great raw stuff like yours, just low grade run-of-the-mill SA and BA, and lots (lots!) of moderns.

confused-smiley-013.gif I've been collecting since long before CGC was a gleam in Steve Borock's eye. Not great raw stuff like yours, just low grade run-of-the-mill SA and BA, and lots (lots!) of moderns.

What kind of moderns?

If you say "Spawn", we might not let you post!

you're definitely correct in that this is one of the nicest of my books from the 50's.

i'm pretty sure i acquired this one in a trade about 43 years ago, after i decided to just collect one superman title. (as was the #106). 27_laughing.gif i used to see these two as similar in grade 27_laughing.gif

i'm guessing that it's probably an 8.0-8.5 and i will get it graded eventually.

right now i'm counting the days until my SA DC's start to trickle back. i should get my first 30 batch of economies and last 17 batch of standards in two weeks or so. these are primarily from 7 titles (Showcase, B&B, Atom, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Sea Devils.) should be both interesting and educational............ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Have you called for any grades, or do you like the surprise of opening the box?

i doubt that they've been graded yet - they've only been there for just over 3 months. should ship in two weeks based on current stats. may give them a call late next week for the grades................. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

746847-Tomahawk30.jpg

746847-Tomahawk30.jpg.3c3c8754272a93c3e166be43fcd26f65.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

It's time for a little "Action" again in this thread.

750766-Action209.jpg

750766-Action209.jpg.74c61ba9aab19c159b526dd7a29e40d1.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Adam, that Action is incredible! I cannot believe how nice the books you have are. Those 1950s 10 centers are just impossible to find in any kind of grade. You and Burntboy....words fail me...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Glad you like them.

I was looking at the book and thinking how wonderful it is to find such a soft, glossy copy. It's not near mint, but as I'm sure you're aware, these puppies are so hard to find that I really don't care.

Here's a fun book. Not as sharp as the action, but very difficult to find nice.

750854-StrAdv64.jpg

750854-StrAdv64.jpg.c31e0b359d614f0a773eb27e8ff27d9a.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Adam, that Action is incredible! I cannot believe how nice the books you have are. Those 1950s 10 centers are just impossible to find in any kind of grade. You and Burntboy....words fail me...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Glad you like them.

I was looking at the book and thinking how wonderful it is to find such a soft, glossy copy. It's not near mint, but as I'm sure you're aware, these puppies are so hard to find that I really don't care.

Here's a fun book. Not as sharp as the action, but very difficult to find nice.

750854-StrAdv64.jpg

Nice book!

Is this supposed to be a derogatory comment directed at the Russians? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sputnik was launched on Oct. 4, 1957. Did this comic post date the launch?