• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,636 posts in this topic

sooo, someone mentioned B&B#25, so I dug mine out and figured Id post it here. Its the best I was ever offerred, or ever seen, but, as hard as it is to find, I have to think there are a few more out there in comparable or better shape buried somewhere. This copy's problems are in the upper left corner and spine edge. Otherwise its glossy, and very solid with clean sharp edges.

Very Nice copy.... thumbsup2.gif

did FFB PM you, yet?!?!? grin.gif

Yes, within minutes of him posting it. Christo_pull_hair.gif

yeah... we are (ummm) discussing it as we speak. But I think Ive put it to rest now....

To be honest, and I am not joking when I say this, that B&B #25 is the one book that has impressed me and has blown me away the most in this entire thread. Not because it's the most valuable -- just because I was starting to doubt that a copy existed in that condition. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

But I'm not paying $20K for it! 27_laughing.gif I could pry away Hammer's AF#15 CGC App. 9.6 Slight (P) for around that amount!

Not quite silver age but I'm listing it anyway because it's Murphy Anderson.

738129-SA23.jpg

738129-SA23.jpg.4b6a6d74b5a6183d13fc68b4827eccdb.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

sooo, someone mentioned B&B#25, so I dug mine out and figured Id post it here. Its the best I was ever offerred, or ever seen, but, as hard as it is to find, I have to think there are a few more out there in comparable or better shape buried somewhere. This copy's problems are in the upper left corner and spine edge. Otherwise its glossy, and very solid with clean sharp edges.

737214-BB25.jpg

That's a very, very tough book.

Thanks for posting again. flowerred.gif

If you aren't careful, you're going to make even more of us jealous than you already have!

If you aren't careful, you're going to make even more of us jealous than you already have!

awwww, cut it out, yer making me blush!! Compared to your book parade of pleasure Im humbled...

That's a very, very tough book.

I forget whether I asked you this already Adam, but do you have a copy of B&B #25? Does anyone know what the White Mountain copy looks like or whether there are any higher grade copies out there?

Apart from the scan that aman619 provided I have only seen/heard of one other nice copy of BB 25 and only one copy of 26. That book almost always horrible pages -- it's as bad as the first Space Ranger in Showcase. I can picture the BB26 copy I saw because it had very nice pages and very pretty colors on the cover. I'll probably have to call someone to find out about the BB25. I could have bought the BB26 (probably a vf/nm) but it was going at a primo price and the book just doesn't do that much for me (this was probably 9 years ago).

I have no idea about WM. I'm don't think Carter had that one -- at least it's not something he mentioned. The other possibility is that it was sold at Sothebys so I checked the first 4 catalogs and found no HG BB25, WM or otherwise.