• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

This is a book I no longer own, but I do have this photo-copy and I did get limited visitation rights. In lieu of flowers, feel free to donate to the adamstrange bereavement fund.

754048-SA54.jpg

754048-SA54.jpg.e4af2a4500e4975e2eb36610cb163a36.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

This is another comic gone many years ago, but not forgotten.

754052-TalesUnexp43.jpg

754052-TalesUnexp43.jpg.d821d09ec292716def7a7618ba7471f6.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

754052-TalesUnexp43.jpg

Adam;

Another example of an absolutely gorgeous high-grade HTF copy of a key issue. And a grey-tone wash cover to top it off. cloud9.gif

All I can say is that I hope you got something extremely good in return when you disposed of it.

754052-TalesUnexp43.jpg

Adam;

Another example of an absolutely gorgeous high-grade HTF copy of a key issue. And a grey-tone wash cover to top it off. cloud9.gif

All I can say is that I hope you got something extremely good in return when you disposed of it.

Memory fails on what the trade for this one involved. Honestly, it was easier to let go than the SA 54, which is/was the WM copy of an impossible book. The pastel colors are so delicate that almost any yellowing of the cover ruins the effect. I definitely remember what I got in trade for it though that was 8 or more years ago! The TofU 43 is sometimes available in the VFish range of that copy, and it was also traded a long time ago, but not for anything that I recall. confused-smiley-013.gif

754052-TalesUnexp43.jpg

Adam;

Memory fails on what the trade for this one involved. Honestly, it was easier to let go than the SA 54, which is/was the WM copy of an impossible book. The pastel colors are so delicate that almost any yellowing of the cover ruins the effect. I definitely remember what I got in trade for it though that was 8 or more years ago! The TofU 43 is sometimes available in the VFish range of that copy, and it was also traded a long time ago, but not for anything that I recall. confused-smiley-013.gif

this is interesting, as i also traded all of my Tales of the Unexpected with Space Ranger straight up for copies of the Flash. this copy and about 5 others for 6 copies of the Flash, including #'s 105 - 107 plus 3 others.

i made the trade sometime around 1962 with the O'brien brothers , also from Orange NJ. they wanted, Detective, TOU, and Atlas horror, and i got Flash, and probably some Supes and Batmans. i suspect that my copies were in a little batter shape than theirs, but that was meaningless at the time............... grin.gif

BTW - yet another fabulous book....... thumbsup2.gif

755855-WorldsFinest69.jpg

755855-WorldsFinest69.jpg.88acc60041c12cb1ff765e5bac4cbd10.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

It's a 15 center there, Adam, but it's still a tremendous book.

I didn't even think about the 15cent cover price? foreheadslap.gif

I was concerned because it isn't even a code book, so technically not SA. I've been thinking of starting a 50s thread, just so I don't get pulled over again.

Exactly when did comics lose the charm that this cover expresses so well?

I can't answer that, but I don't think it was a good thing.

Hi Gang! This thread is awesome! Although my current focus is Bronze Age, I have some books that meets the criteria, so I will post a few (Technically a few don't meet the criteria, so forgive me).

And for those who know me, no post would be complete without a few House of Mystery tongue.gif

Hope you enjoy! grin.gif