• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,645 posts in this topic

Excellent! It's easy to knock the 'pedigree' designation, but the guy obviously had some very nice books. thumbsup2.gif

That's right, forgot about that! Congrats, Scott, on adding to your portfolio of pedigrees! Don't forget to post the COA for us! poke2.gif

On a serious note, Dallas is a super nice guy and had some VERY nice books.

It's heeeeeeeere!!!! yay.gif

BB25-80DS-boards.jpg

BB25-80DS-b-boards.jpg

Beautiful comic! The cover color is very uniform, like Adam's books, with no tanning on the edges. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Interesting that I don't see a cover price on the cover. Am I missing something?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that is interesting, but the picture in Gerber has no price on it, either. based on the succeeding two issues it would have been right over the "S".......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FFB,

Great looking book. So what would you grade it? Any hidden defects?

I would call it a 7.5/8.0, leaning toward the 8.0. For some reason, the scan is really accentuating the defect in the upper right corner. The book is very glossy and flat, colors are brilliant, the spine is nice and tight with only a couple of small, light stress marks, and the spine corners are just slightly abraded. The most noticeable defect on the book is that light 1/4" crease in the URC that looks so bad in the scans. There is also a 3/16" edge tear on the leading edge of the front cover. All of the wear is limited to the perimeter of the book. No thumb dents or non-color-breaking bends in the middle of the front or back cover. No interior cover tanning whatsoever, though the pages are probably CR-OW. No other big defects anywhere, no stains, nothing that would bring it out of the VF range. On a "bad day," maybe CGC would grade it a 7.5 but I've looked it over three times and each time I come back to agreeing with Mile High's VF grade. It looks very similar to my Amazing Spider-Man #51 CGC 8.0 in terms of defects.

I am going to get it slabbed and I'll let you know what it gets. Unless I have completely missed something, it'll be top census by a good margin.

I am going to get it slabbed and I'll let you know what it gets. Unless I have completely missed something, it'll be top census by a good margin.

Until Aman gets his slabbed! devil.gifpoke2.gif

Actually, Im kinda surprised Chuck never got the Dallas copy slabbed, arent you guys? Was it sold to someone who broke it out? Or did Chuck? Or did Chuck not think it was high grade enough to slab with all the other Dallas books he sent out?

Scott, whats the story? What did they tell you?

Actually, Im kinda surprised Chuck never got the Dallas copy slabbed, arent you guys? Was it sold to someone who broke it out? Or did Chuck? Or did Chuck not think it was high grade enough to slab with all the other Dallas books he sent out?

Scott, whats the story? What did they tell you?

I didn't ask that question. confused-smiley-013.gif But they probably didn't slab it because it isn't a high demand book.

No more contributions? Anybody? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, while I'm waiting to scan a few more books, I'll cheat by posting a few scans of some 10 centers that used to be mine, but no longer (all sold on Heritage, as you can see). frown.gif

810069001o.jpg

Finishing my tax return, the blazing hot GA thread, and work have been slowing me down. I was thinking we need to keep posting here to maintain our pinned status. Have to be this weekend for me.