• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

1st comic I have bought in over half a year.

4399508919_d9ef2e3fdc_o.jpg

Thanks for your comment about my copy of It's Game Time 1. You'll find a superior scan on page 3 of the grading forum--10 threads from the top, before it was graded by CGC. Your copy of B & B has fantastic colors. Beautiful book. I'd sure like to find a copy as nice as yours!

I see it ??? Brave & Bold #29

It's not showing up for me either. It says the image is currently unavailable.

Edited by JohnT

upgraded this:

jo33.jpg

to this:

jo33cgc.jpg

look at the difference in colors.

Wow, gorgeous copy. The color difference is amazing.

upgraded this:

jo33.jpg

to this:

jo33cgc.jpg

look at the difference in colors.

Quite common to see color fading as per your original copy, where the blue in superman's costume has almost become gray, yet the red in the cape is still strong.

JO #33 is notorious for having a rather aged appearance and white looking copies are very hard to find.

I noticed that along with Danny's #33, Heritage also offered a #39. That is an incredibly hard issue to find if you are even slightly discerning about grade. Only very beat up copies seem to be available. Same for #37. The late 1950s is a challenging time for Olsen collectors!

I noticed that along with Danny's #33, Heritage also offered a #39. That is an incredibly hard issue to find if you are even slightly discerning about grade. Only very beat up copies seem to be available. Same for #37. The late 1950s is a challenging time for Olsen collectors!

Steel City,

Could you please provide a link to the Jimmy Olsen 39; I'm having trouble navigating their website.

Thanks,

SLR

Here is the book. Only a 7.0 but the prettiest I have seen. I once viewed a high grade JO run at Metro. The only missing issues? #37 and #39.

jo39.jpg

The only other nice copy I have seen is the Toth copy. I wondered what his copy would be like. Both scans borrowed off Heritage so hope nobody minds!

jo39toth.jpg

There must be more nice copies out there. Perhaps Silver has one?

Hi

Some lovely comics. I was brought up on Marvel but have for the past couple of years been getting into early DC Silver 10 cents also and managed to build up a collection of around 1000. Here's my JO # 39 and B&B # 29

Mikey

scan0004.jpg[/img]

scan0003.jpg[/img]

Hi

Some lovely comics. I was brought up on Marvel but have for the past couple of years been getting into early DC Silver 10 cents also and managed to build up a collection of around 1000. Here's my JO # 39 and B&B # 29

Mikey

scan0004.jpg[/img]

scan0003.jpg[/img]

You have done well to acquire 1000 DC 10c books in only a couple of years. Please show more if you can. Do you have a #37 to go with the Olsen #39? Which titles have you collected? Some of us have spent decades collecting these books and it's always interesting to see/hear of anyone's efforts!

Thanks for your reply.

I concentrated on Flash for a while Showcase #'s and 105-132 but recently sold Showcase # 4 (I had two of these - the one I still have is fair because spine split but otherwise looks nice ) and #'s 105 -109 so need to replace those.

I was lucky enough to snag a lot on ebay of around 150 DC 10 centers for £600 which included the B&B # 29 in my post which had a cross section of all superhero titles.

Went through a sci fi phase Mystery In Space, etc and have also been collecting the DC Western Comics title purely on the basis that I saw a couple of issues at a local comic mart and loved the logo and some of the deep purple covers. Have about 40 of these.

Then I have been trying to complete Superboy #'s 1 -100 - managed 50 to 100 so far and slowly working down.

Thanks to my recent discovery of the boards and the Greytone cover thread I have started a greytone collection. Here is my latest addition scan0005.jpg[/img]

All this has been quite slow as my wife has withdrawn all credit from my collecting and for the last 4 years have only been able to purchase from funds raised through sales on ebay!

I have only recently started reading the board and must say can't believe what I've been missing - seeing other people's collections is really cool and has stimulated me to continue trying to improve my own collection.

Mikey

PS Just bought a JO # 37! looks like a nice mid grade for £20.

Thanks for your reply.

I concentrated on Flash for a while Showcase #'s and 105-132 but recently sold Showcase # 4 (I had two of these - the one I still have is fair because spine split but otherwise looks nice ) and #'s 105 -109 so need to replace those.

I was lucky enough to snag a lot on ebay of around 150 DC 10 centers for £600 which included the B&B # 29 in my post which had a cross section of all superhero titles.

Went through a sci fi phase Mystery In Space, etc and have also been collecting the DC Western Comics title purely on the basis that I saw a couple of issues at a local comic mart and loved the logo and some of the deep purple covers. Have about 40 of these.

Then I have been trying to complete Superboy #'s 1 -100 - managed 50 to 100 so far and slowly working down.

Thanks to my recent discovery of the boards and the Greytone cover thread I have started a greytone collection. Here is my latest addition scan0005.jpg[/img]

All this has been quite slow as my wife has withdrawn all credit from my collecting and for the last 4 years have only been able to purchase from funds raised through sales on ebay!

I have only recently started reading the board and must say can't believe what I've been missing - seeing other people's collections is really cool and has stimulated me to continue trying to improve my own collection.

Mikey

PS Just bought a JO # 37! looks like a nice mid grade for £20.

Beautiful book!!!