• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

Just got this one today from Ebay. Pretty happy with it. This completes the Atom mini series in Showcase. :banana:

I had to come home and read it, and it was an interesting story with great Kane/Anderson art. But to be honest, the Atom comes across as a pretty ineffectual "superhero." At various points in the story he can't turn a doorknob, can't open a stuck window, needs a kid to use a slingshot to shoot him toward a threat, and asks a bystander to turn on a fan so that he could propel himself toward another bad guy. You can tell Gardner Fox was still struggling with how a a guy who could shrink himself could be used!

Showcase35.jpg

Nice man! Do you have the regular run completed?

Yeah, Atom cracks me up. Unlike most superheroes, his superpower seems only to cause him troubles. It's like , on every cover he's in trouble because he's small: "O help! I'm getting washed down the drain," or "O help! I'm getting mauled by a kittie," or even "O help, I'm stuck in a wrist watch!" lol

Just got this one today from Ebay. Pretty happy with it. This completes the Atom mini series in Showcase. :banana:

I had to come home and read it, and it was an interesting story with great Kane/Anderson art. But to be honest, the Atom comes across as a pretty ineffectual "superhero." At various points in the story he can't turn a doorknob, can't open a stuck window, needs a kid to use a slingshot to shoot him toward a threat, and asks a bystander to turn on a fan so that he could propel himself toward another bad guy. You can tell Gardner Fox was still struggling with how a a guy who could shrink himself could be used!

Showcase35.jpg

Nice man! Do you have the regular run completed?

Yeah, Atom cracks me up. Unlike most superheroes, his superpower seems only to cause him troubles. It's like , on every cover he's in trouble because he's small: "O help! I'm getting washed down the drain," or "O help! I'm getting mauled by a kittie," or even "O help, I'm stuck in a wrist watch!" lol

lol

It's funny 'cause it's true!

Still, I always thought his books were cool, and still do.

I don't have many of the regular series. I pick them up if I can find them cheap, but right now that run is not a high priority.

totu35.jpg
It's not bad enough you want war books but now it's gorgeous DC sci-fi as well! :cry:

totu35.jpg
It's not bad enough you want war books but now it's gorgeous DC sci-fi as well! :cry:

At a million bucks a pop golden age is getting too expensive :insane:

A Grail has been aquired!

This is a fantastic full-moon/nightime cover of a very rare Dark Age book. Irv Novick was truley a master of illustration.

Bill

BB_004.jpg

Congratulations, Bill! That's a really hard to find book, let alone in that kind of shape.

"Dark Age" hm

This is a fantastic full-moon/nightime cover of a very rare Dark Age book. Irv Novick was truley a master of illustration.

Bill

BB_004.jpg

Congratulations, Bill! That's a really hard to find book, let alone in that kind of shape.

"Dark Age" hm

Speaking about the "Dark Age", here are some BLACK KNIGHT books that go so nicely with those early B&Bs.

BK_02.jpg

BK_03.jpg

BK_05.jpg

Bill

BB_004.jpg

"Dark Age" hm

Speaking about the "Dark Age", here are some BLACK KNIGHT books that go so nicely with those early B&Bs.

BK_02.jpg

BK_03.jpg

BK_05.jpg

(worship):cloud9: NICE (thumbs u