• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

Then I have been trying to complete Superboy #'s 1 -100 - managed 50 to 100 so far and slowly working down.

Welcome to the boards! Steelcity and I are probably the two biggest Superboy fans you could run into here! :banana:

Thanks for your reply.

I concentrated on Flash for a while Showcase #'s and 105-132 but recently sold Showcase # 4 (I had two of these - the one I still have is fair because spine split but otherwise looks nice ) and #'s 105 -109 so need to replace those.

I was lucky enough to snag a lot on ebay of around 150 DC 10 centers for £600 which included the B&B # 29 in my post which had a cross section of all superhero titles.

Went through a sci fi phase Mystery In Space, etc and have also been collecting the DC Western Comics title purely on the basis that I saw a couple of issues at a local comic mart and loved the logo and some of the deep purple covers. Have about 40 of these.

Then I have been trying to complete Superboy #'s 1 -100 - managed 50 to 100 so far and slowly working down.

Thanks to my recent discovery of the boards and the Greytone cover thread I have started a greytone collection. Here is my latest addition scan0005.jpg[/img]

All this has been quite slow as my wife has withdrawn all credit from my collecting and for the last 4 years have only been able to purchase from funds raised through sales on ebay!

I have only recently started reading the board and must say can't believe what I've been missing - seeing other people's collections is really cool and has stimulated me to continue trying to improve my own collection.

Mikey

PS Just bought a JO # 37! looks like a nice mid grade for £20.

Wonderful book! Those DC War greytones have some excellent stories in them in addition to the killer covers! :applause:

Hi

Some lovely comics. I was brought up on Marvel but have for the past couple of years been getting into early DC Silver 10 cents also and managed to build up a collection of around 1000. Here's my JO # 39 and B&B # 29

Mikey

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Welcome to the boards, Mikey! It's great to hear from a new collector who targets 10 DCs, which is my main focus as well. Wow, 1000 in a couple of years??? That's quite a collection.

Look forward to seeing more of your books. These are two nice copies, and that grey tone is (worship)

Just got this one today from Ebay. Pretty happy with it. This completes the Atom mini series in Showcase. :banana:

I had to come home and read it, and it was an interesting story with great Kane/Anderson art. But to be honest, the Atom comes across as a pretty ineffectual "superhero." At various points in the story he can't turn a doorknob, can't open a stuck window, needs a kid to use a slingshot to shoot him toward a threat, and asks a bystander to turn on a fan so that he could propel himself toward another bad guy. You can tell Gardner Fox was still struggling with how a a guy who could shrink himself could be used!

Showcase35.jpg

Just got this one today from Ebay. Pretty happy with it. This completes the Atom mini series in Showcase. :banana:

I had to come home and read it, and it was an interesting story with great Kane/Anderson art. But to be honest, the Atom comes across as a pretty ineffectual "superhero." At various points in the story he can't turn a doorknob, can't open a stuck window, needs a kid to use a slingshot to shoot him toward a threat, and asks a bystander to turn on a fan so that he could propel himself toward another bad guy. You can tell Gardner Fox was still struggling with how a a guy who could shrink himself could be used!

Showcase35.jpg

Dollman never had those problems but the Antman did.

I think the perspectives of the artist sold the series.

bb

All this has been quite slow as my wife has withdrawn all credit from my collecting

Where would comic collecting be without the wives and mothers of the world! lol

Showcase35.jpg

Dollman never had those problems but the Antman did.

I think the perspectives of the artist sold the series.

bb

Thanks guys!

I think you're right about the artist selling the series, BB.

Later on Fox hit on the whole "riding the air currents" scheme to give the Atom more mobility. A little shaky logically, but serviceable I guess!

Go for it. It's a pretty cool cover.
Infinity cover x8!!

Here's a nice mid-grade copy of a nice grey tone cover. Love the colors! Does anyone know who did the cover art? WesternComics82.jpg
Gil Kane, who drew a handful of wonderful greytone Western covers.