• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,625 posts in this topic

This is my only 10 cent Action Comics.

ActionComics_151_9.2.jpg

I like it because it shows off the era of the more "rotund" Superman, thanks to Wayne Boring.

Mike

I think barrel-chested is the term you were looking for. I like those Superman comics after 100 but your copy probably belongs in the golden age. My books are on the edge of the silver age, I guess.

12884272015_5dfbdfa511_b.jpg

ActionComics_151_9.2.jpg

I like it because it shows off the era of the more "rotund" Superman, thanks to Wayne Boring.

Mike

what a great looking copy!

ActionComics_151_9.2.jpg

Mike

I think barrel-chested is the term you were looking for. I like those Superman comics after 100 but your copy probably belongs in the golden age. My books are on the edge of the silver age, I guess.

12884272015_5dfbdfa511_b.jpg

12887751743_bb46f445ff_b.jpg

12888079484_3d873a35af_b.jpg

12888080784_eaa3dc1ab8_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

That's one cool cover and an issue you don't see very often. And I love that unsmeared date stamp as well. Very cool!!

Thanks! I just bought a handful of DC's and most of them have that store stamp on the cover, they are all 10 cent books. I posted one earlier today in the war thread and will post more soon. A previous owner must have bought them all in that store.

Edited by gojira

Very Cool Grey Tone Cover!

230_zpsa9e2a2d8.jpg

Great cover! I am a fan of war (and Sea Devils) grey tone covers, but seeing this book makes me wonder if I should add a book to my want list....