• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,635 posts in this topic

Picked up a couple washtones recently--thanks to AtlasFan Bill for the #15.

tou15_zps2a9a05fa.jpg

Got the #43 from Jamie Newbold. It's gotta be the first time in about a decade that I've bought something this cool right out of a local shop. No snap against any of the LCSs (they're all good people of strong integrity), but the vintage collections in grade have been few and far between. Jamie's usually the guy to get 'em, but most of the older stuff he's turned up is awesome but didn't fall into genres/publishers I typically collect. Got lucky on this one. There were (and still are) a bunch of beautiful books from this collection. I woulda gone CRAZY if there were war books in it!

tow43_zpsacf082d2.jpg

tou15_zps2a9a05fa.jpg

Got the #43 from Jamie Newbold. It's gotta be the first time in about a decade that I've bought something this cool right out of a local shop. No snap against any of the LCSs (they're all good people of strong integrity), but the vintage collections in grade have been few and far between. Jamie's usually the guy to get 'em, but most of the older stuff he's turned up is awesome but didn't fall into genres/publishers I typically collect. Got lucky on this one. There were (and still are) a bunch of beautiful books from this collection. I woulda gone CRAZY if there were war books in it!

tow43_zpsacf082d2.jpg

Great taste in comics (thumbs u

Wow! You're clearly a man of wealth and taste. Those two comics are few and far between in any collection.

(thumbs u

Wow! You're clearly a man of wealth and taste. Those two comics are few and far between in any collection.

(thumbs u

Sweeeeeeet! I'm wealthy!!!!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-006.gif

tow43_zpsacf082d2.jpg

Speaking of Jamie, I just got a call from a friend of mine this afternoon that Jamie got in a nice new collection of books at Southern California Comics.I rushed over right before closing and it is smaller than the collection that included the TOU 43, but the pages are typically a bit nicer. They came from some LA collector that pieced them together back in the early to mid 1990s from a variety of different sellers including Motor City, Bedrock City, Harley, and the usual fellers. This was the only thing I scored but there were lots of other nice copies of superhero, B&B, Showcase, mystery-sci-fi titles. Vast majority of it was DC. . .including some keys. Most didn't go past 7.0 but there are quite a few really nice books. I don't really collect mystery/sci-fi, but this one stood out as a nice 10¢ black cover. . .and you canNOT go wrong with an Infantino gorilla cover.

sa64_zpsa5fafede.jpg

I'd like to share some of my books too, but don't have a clue how to upload scans from my PC, just does not seem to work.

Host the pictures on Photobucket, ImageShack or some other picture hosting service on the web. Then link to the picture.

:)

Hey guys. I think I've finally figured out this baby. Here goes with my first book :wishluck:

samcro1_zps475ca03a.jpg

. . .and you canNOT go wrong with an Infantino gorilla cover.

sa64_zpsa5fafede.jpg

Truth! That's been a fundamental underlying principle of my life as well.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

tow43_zpsacf082d2.jpg

Speaking of Jamie, I just got a call from a friend of mine this afternoon that Jamie got in a nice new collection of books at Southern California Comics.I rushed over right before closing and it is smaller than the collection that included the TOU 43, but the pages are typically a bit nicer. They came from some LA collector that pieced them together back in the early to mid 1990s from a variety of different sellers including Motor City, Bedrock City, Harley, and the usual fellers. This was the only thing I scored but there were lots of other nice copies of superhero, B&B, Showcase, mystery-sci-fi titles. Vast majority of it was DC. . .including some keys. Most didn't go past 7.0 but there are quite a few really nice books. I don't really collect mystery/sci-fi, but this one stood out as a nice 10¢ black cover. . .and you canNOT go wrong with an Infantino gorilla cover.

sa64_zpsa5fafede.jpg

Great looking SA 64!

Ken

tow43_zpsacf082d2.jpg

sa64_zpsa5fafede.jpg

Sweet pickups! :cloud9:

The SA 64 is almost certainly a Gil Kane cover, both pencils and inks.